1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory.
  2. FOR ASSETTO CORSA COMPETIZIONE: If you report issues with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder!
  3. If your game executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, then run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether.

Multiplayer starts

Discussion in 'ACC General Discussions' started by Freeon, Jan 21, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Freeon

Freeon Rookie

I have only been doing multiplayer for a few weeks in ACC but it seems every starts are the same. When counter reaches zero and we can start moving everyone doesn't star rolling at the exact same time, some drivers get a ahead, then nobody seems to be able to catch up to the lead cars. I push throttle fully but get slowed by a speed limiter and can't catch the cars in front. Is there anyway to turn off the speed limiter or is this normal. I have yet to see a race start with every car lined up double file. They are all spread apart.

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    ACC Multiplayer Issue with multiplayer starts Jan 2, 2020
    Multiplayer Bugs & Issues Multiplayer starts up single player Oct 15, 2014
    ACC Troubleshooting Driver Swap with Chevrolet Camaro leads to GAME CRASH in Multiplayer!!! Aug 5, 2020
    ACC Multiplayer 1.5.2 Random disconnect from CP/Multiplayer servers Jul 30, 2020
    ACC Troubleshooting UE4 Crash to Desktop - Multiplayer Only - Unknown Cause Jul 27, 2020
    ACC PS4 - XB1 General Discussions Multiplayer help needed Jul 24, 2020
    ACC Multiplayer Multiplayer Future Plans Jul 22, 2020
    Chit Chat Room Disable damage in multiplayer Jul 22, 2020
    ACC PS4 - XB1 General Discussions Meanning of the yellow (thing) in Multiplayers servers ? Jul 20, 2020
    ACC Multiplayer Car selection in the multiplayer lobby Jul 18, 2020
    ACC Multiplayer Error: AcMultiplayerClient disconnected due to UDP timeout Jul 15, 2020
    ACC Blog GT4 in Multiplayer and Competition Servers - Changes in Version 1.5 Jul 15, 2020
    ACC PS4 - XB1 General Discussions How do the multiplayer lobbies rotate? Jul 15, 2020
    ACC Multiplayer Casual disconnection on multiplayer sessions Jul 14, 2020
    ACC Multiplayer Can not connect. No multiplayer. No Rating Jul 14, 2020

3. Pier84

Pier84 Simracer

You cannot deactivate the limiter .. but for me it is a problem for the pilots .. many want to attack by stealing meters in the pre-start procedure.
    If those who started on pole started slowly and had everyone queue up (and the drivers respected the Indian row and double row indications, it wouldn't exist as a problem).
    All the starts I make in championship matches, of serious portals are perfect, let's say, or at least almost all.

SOLID FARRELL likes this.
  4. Already an ongoing topic in other discussions.
    Has been my experience as well... players somehow gain bus lengths and pass before starts but you can't do anything about it on most servers because they host short races without pit.

They need to do AI controlled rolling starts or something until race starts reach the next stage.
    The gaps can help with a clean start but those quickest during qualifying are rewarded with a higher grid position and lead/gap over others.
    If highest qualifying have bus lengths during starts they are less likely to be challenged by others resulting in an easy win and therefore rating boost.

Sure they have something epic in the works... til then we need a bandaid.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.