1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory.
  2. FOR ASSETTO CORSA COMPETIZIONE: If you report issues with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder!
  3. If your game executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, then run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether.

Multiplayer structure??

Discussion in 'ACC General Discussions' started by Whipdiddywhip, Sep 10, 2018.

1. Whipdiddywhip

Whipdiddywhip Simracer

i think we can all agree on just how important the structure of the online is to a sim racing game,

E.G.
    iRacing - well organised structure = lots of players
    PCARS 2 - unorganised lobby system = dead

so my question is will ACC have a decent organised online system like iracing or gt sport, or weill it just use generic server browsers like pcars 2 or other games like this that are also dead?

srs was made by one guy and apart from iracing it makes all other games MP systems look crap, it's 2018, devs should not rely on one 3rd party guy to make their multiplayer worth playing

MjNoisen, Salad Fingers and Patrik like this.

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    ACC General Discussions Are you happy with 1.0 multiplayer structure? May 11, 2019
    ACC General Discussions About 1.0 multiplayer structure May 8, 2019
    ACC User Interface [Feature Request] Favourite Multiplayer Server Sep 1, 2021
    ACC Virtual Reality Bad Performance in Multiplayer Aug 31, 2021
    ACC PS4 - XB1 General Discussions Online/Multiplayer Races and Career Mode Aug 6, 2021
    ACC Multiplayer Hacking the EntryList to permanently ban drivers from multiplayer servers Aug 5, 2021
    ACC General Discussions Where can I find a guide to the multiplayer server listings? Aug 1, 2021
    ACC Multiplayer No multiplayer servers Jul 5, 2021
    ACC User Interface Gear widget with separated pedals 1.7.12 bug multiplayer only Jun 29, 2021
    ACC Troubleshooting 1.7.11 Crash during Multiplayer race at Laguna Seca [FAWForceFeedbackDrv64.dll crash] Jun 29, 2021
    ACC User Interface Three-letter player ID incorrect in Multiplayer [League entry list override] Jun 14, 2021
    ACC Troubleshooting I cannot join multiplayer sessions via serverlist Jun 4, 2021
    ACC Multiplayer Multiplayer Server Crashed after 2hrs May 28, 2021
    ACC PS4 - XB1 General Discussions Real driver change in multiplayer mode on the Xbox?? May 22, 2021
    ACC Rating & Leaderboards SA 80 cannot join multiplayer race with SA 80 requirements Mar 30, 2021

3. magzire

magzire Alien

As far as i know its just going to be a advance version of MR ABCDN, which we already have.
    Dont think there will be set races like iracing.

4. Tberg

Tberg Alien

Why wouldn't there be set races? Wait and see :)

Salad Fingers and LeDude83 like this.
  5. Jynnantonix

Jynnantonix Simracer

The wording I've seen is 'matchmaking', which makes me think it will be something akin to counterstrike. I just hope there's enough players to make it work. I'm worried that if a player goes and waits in the lobby for 5 minutes and it doesn't fill, then he'll never do it again and just go to the server browser.

6. Salad Fingers

Salad Fingers Simracer

I'm pretty optimistic that we're actually getting something similar to iRacing. They are introducing driver ratings and matchmaking. There is no reason to believe that people won't be able to easily join available leagues without having to browse a lobby. A lobby is just bare-bones, it made sense on AC but this game will be much more closed, not allowing mods etc and aiming to be an "eSport" game. So one would assume it would be made properly.

jim jones and LeDude83 like this.
  7. LeDude83

LeDude83 Alien

It will allow mods though, modding will just not be supported by the devs.

8. Salad Fingers

Salad Fingers Simracer

Perhaps you're right, but I recall reading somewhere that there won't be any mods or apps to make sure nobody's "cheating", referring to how real drivers don't have all that information available to them (like a tyre temperature app).