1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory.
  2. FOR ASSETTO CORSA COMPETIZIONE: If you report issues with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder!
  3. If your game executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, then run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether.

Multiplayer track rotation

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by Jynnantonix, Feb 28, 2017.

1. Jynnantonix

Jynnantonix Simracer

Been hoping to see this in AC since MP launch but almost given up hope, does anyone know if devs have said anything about it? Every other multiplayer game I can think of can do this, and it seems like a really important feature for MP, so I'm not sure why it was implemented like this in the first place.

There's no need to break any moulds here, just copy the very standard features of fps games for example, so at the end of a race, players vote for the next track of a pre-determined list that an admin can make as short or long as he likes. After an average of 20- 30 minutes quali and racing at a particular track, I've generally had enough of it and hop off to look for something different and judging by how many people leave servers after a race, it seems I'm not alone. Adding track rotation would surely increase the % of people who stay on the server. I think this increases the fun element if you stay on 1 server all evening with mostly the same people and see how you're doing against them on different tracks rather than a continuous bunch of randoms.

So I know there's gonna be a guy who's going to respond by saying 'Do you want even more wrecks from people who now are forced to go to a track they don't know?' To which I'll respond that the good servers will likely make their track list quite short, perhaps even just 3 tracks, which means once they're established there shouldn't be a problem with people having to learn a new new track in a few minutes. Anyway if they stick to Vanilla, and minorated servers, i think most people on there would know all the tracks backwards by now.

So this is half a question (from my first sentence) and half a plea to the devs to please think about this and realise that's it's actually a super important part of multiplayer!

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    ACC Multiplayer Track conditions never dry in multiplayer Jul 16, 2019
    ACC Multiplayer Track textures in multiplayer Dec 4, 2018
    Chit Chat Room acSociate - the Assetto Corsa multiplayer tracker Jan 21, 2018
    Chit Chat Room Multiplayer Tracks Oct 9, 2017
    Console Lounge Difficulties in getting cars back on track after a spin, main game vs online multiplayer Dec 15, 2016
    XBox One Discussions Bug report: Online multiplayer track cutting penalties not working, tracks can be cut at will Sep 3, 2016
    Multiplayer Bugs & Issues Dynamic Track Grip in Multiplayer Jun 3, 2016
    Chit Chat Room Which track condition is set on most multiplayer servers? Apr 11, 2016
    Screens & Videos Failing at track day at THE RING. Multiplayer Lobby. Jan 29, 2016
    Chit Chat Room Multiplayer - Filter for specific track or car May 29, 2014
    Suggestions Multiplayer tools - on track access May 23, 2014
    Controllers and Peripherals Bugs & Issues FaceTrackNoIR; major FPS drop after multiplayer update (and following minor hotfix) May 10, 2014
    Chit Chat Room Keep track of multiplayer race results May 10, 2014
    ACC Gameplay Special events do not work correctly with statistics set to "multiplayer only" Today at 12:15 AM
    ACC Troubleshooting ACC crashing on multiplayer races Monday at 5:23 PM

3. I would like to see track rotation that includes all of the official variations in AC (except the Nordschleife, and the two old long versions of Monza). I really enjoyed this in GT Legends, and it was great to be switching between short and long tracks on a regular basis. Most online drivers really should know the vast majority of the official layouts by now. Having said that, this would really require all tracks to have the same number of pit spots, but I don't mind Magione and Zandvoort being upgraded from 18 to 24 ;) It would also be nice to see Barcelona National and Zandvoort National added to spice things up a bit.

Yeah, I know......rocking the boat :)

Last edited: Feb 28, 2017
  4. kofotsjanne

kofotsjanne Alien

Track rotation would be awesome but I guess theres a reason its not added already. Even if it wont be added in AC they should really consider it in AC2 :)

5. AmorFati

AmorFati Hardcore Simmer

6. Horus

Horus Alien

There are third party apps that allow servers to be run with multiple tracks, but you have to rejoin the server after every race. It has been my one wish since v1, maybe we will get track rotation once consoles get private lobbies. @Lord Kunos ;)

7. Berniyh

Berniyh Alien

8. Jynnantonix

Jynnantonix Simracer

TheBoss and Horus like this.
  9. Berniyh

Berniyh Alien

I agree, it's sad that we can't use this, but then it's also not a huge problem, because in my opinion having a certain consistency is actually a good thing.
    e.g. currently on the Streetfight servers, we're doing one track per day, which allows you to adjust to the track, maybe even create and optimize a setup and just have a good time.
    It was even suggested to leave a track on for longer than a single day.

My main motivation would've been for a point-to-point event, like we did with Transfagarasan, to be able to switch between the forward and reverse layouts of the track, so that you can enjoy driving up and then down again.
    Since the downhill version – for some unknown reason – crashed when trying to drive it online, we didn't need it after all, but it would've been nice.

Maybe they'll consider adding that feature for AC2, we'll see.

10. Minolin

Minolin Staff Member KS Dev Team

Well nice that we had this conversation :D

Berniyh and kofotsjanne like this.
  11. Jynnantonix

Jynnantonix Simracer

Yes I enjoyed it too. ;)