1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

My journey from 0.1 to 0.6.

Discussion in 'ACC General Discussions' started by richard thompson, Mar 22, 2019.

1. Well ive just sat in VR and drove 19 laps on the nurburgring gp track in the 2018 gtr and all i have to say is this is some kind of wizardry at work. Been a big AC fanboy clocking up nearly 2000 hours on it , i was to say the least a little bit excited when ACC was shown especially considering i love the gt3s most in AC. My anticipation was fever pitch to think of AC with unreal engine graphics , weather and night and enhanced physics. When the 0.1 build dropped i was to say the least devastated , the ffb was messed up on my wheel at least , it just felt plain wrong . I tried and tried with my settings to make it feel right but it didnt work. I was asking myself how can kunos mess this up , it just cant be possible that its meant to feel like this . And then i tried the vr ...oh my . Build after build it improved . Until this build 6 , force feedback feels perfect on my fanatec cswv2.5 now , vr runs great (better than assetto id say) and generally the game is stable (crashes now and then) . Thankyou kunos this game is so good now :D (just hurry up with my amg please) :eek::)

Gevatter, bgil66, sloty and 8 others like this.

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    ACC General Discussions MoTeC, a Journey: Getting The Most From Data Analysis Sep 6, 2021
    ACC General Discussions How to get fast - my journey Aug 14, 2021
    ACC Virtual Reality My journey with HP Reverb Apr 25, 2020
    ACC General Discussions Assetto Corsa Competizione - Another great journey is about to begin! Sep 5, 2018
    Physics Bugs & Issues Journey To The Centre Of The Earth Dec 21, 2016

3. RAWthentic

RAWthentic Rookie

I agree. Build one worried me a bit. Now can’t wait for th game. And have been putting lots of hours in this week.

richard thompson likes this.
  4. tjr

tjr Hardcore Simmer

Just to add to the sentiment here: I've just finished a sprint race weekend at Monza, and it's probably one of the best sim racing experiences I've ever had. The AI was great to drive against, the FFB feels really nice, the car was really fun to drive and the whole thing looks simply stunning.

5. Timberwind

Timberwind Racer

I think the first build should not have been released in the state it has been. Even as early access. Then again it was so much cheaper than now, it was more like an invetment on Kickstarter. It was merely a prototype in the end. Very glad how ACC turned out to be currently, but still worried about the release and hope it will be pushed back.

6. I understand why they had to release the builds and it must of been pretty painful for kunos but they have got to a great place allready . My only gripe is the rolling start at the moment .

7. ▣ HiTzz

▣ HiTzz Gamer

How bad was 0.1 compared to 0.2? I started from 0.2 with big gaps in between of inactivity, imo most of the things havent improved as much as you say, but most were pretty good from my first experience.

8. Jacobs

Jacobs Racer

Not sure if it was release 2 or 3 when FFB got miles better. Also Lambo at first was awful and now it's one of my favourites after tyres model update. Half of year and game is so much better already. Trusting Kunos even more now because i enjoy ACC so much that i can't get my day done without at least 1 hour of driving in it :D

9. mikendrix

mikendrix Simracer

I was also a bit worried when VR was released. Not because of the overall quality of the game but because of the performance of my rig.
    I had to lower the graphics and couldn't play decently with any supersampling enabled, so it was way too blurry.

Now it's still the same rig, but because of new CPU optimization on the game (since 0.6), and some engine.ini and nvidia tweaks I can run it sharp and smooth even on the Nurburgring event with 20 opponents enabled.

Can't wait to the full release :D