1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

My Open Letter For ACC

Discussion in 'ACC General Discussions' started by Jardier, Jan 24, 2023.

1. aaron0288

aaron0288 Hardcore Simmer

Let’s not forget either that it’s been 6 or so weeks since Jardier’s original post, and there is still not a single direct response to his open letter from anyone from Kunos. For me it shows a complete disregard towards their community, their customers, which I think is down right disrespectful. We know they’re on here (the official forum…) and we know they’ve seen the post.

I’ll continue to enjoy the hell out of this amazing sim but boy does this all leave a bad taste in my mouth towards Kunos themselves.

2. LATE4APEX

LATE4APEX Alien

Help me out here guys.

Just what effect will hand holding of some here by Kunos, have on the actual completion date of anything new in ACC/2,... and/or quality of the updates/additions ?

Salvatore Amato and chksix like this.
  3. Luis Branco

Luis Branco Alien

Sincerely, I rather prefer Kunos way of developing and content release, not binded to an announcement date, giving themselves time to develop as required.
    But it seems no one is looking for a specific date, nor a schedule nor a comprehensive log of updates to come but rather general info of what is already set for the future.

For instance, a tweet hinted that 3 new tracks may be added in future, plus was made known that GT2 and 2023 GTWC will be added as well, so perhaps Kunos, as have done in the past, could announced to the players, in broadly terms, what is already set to be added in terms of content and other areas that eventually are improved/updated.

Kunos knows how to communicate, summarising the main aspects, without having to set a bidding date or anything of the sort, just as it have done in the past.

Last edited: Mar 7, 2023
    RDGNL, Mogster, Firmi and 1 other person like this.
  4. chksix

chksix Hardcore Simmer

Any announced date of completion which is missed or postponed for any reason will lead to a **** storm. No comms is also provoking rants.
    I think I prefer "silence" compared to constantly postponed dates.

LATE4APEX likes this.
  5. Luis Branco

Luis Branco Alien

In several of the examples of previous Kunos announcements there isn’t any date or schedule mentioned.
    In one of them it is said “that good things need time” and price and release date information will come later.
    Announcing doesn’t mean that have to be necessarily hands on with a release date.

anthony galmiche and AndyK70 like this.
  6. Guidofoc

Guidofoc Alien

The thing that surprises me is the absence of Marco Massarutto from the news since last summer (I guess?). I mean, being him the "face" of Kunos it is a bit strange that he is nowhere to be found. I hope he is just having a long holiday :D Anybody has news of him?

Ale Robles likes this.
  7. But what the hell are you saying? :D:D:D Do you realise how toxic you are being? I am part of the community and I don't feel represented by that letter or by jardier himself (I like his content and that's it, I respect his racecraft the most, who do you think he is? Jesus? Totti? Notorious?). Moreover, I don't feel represented by your words in your post. Not even the slightest. I feel loved by kunos. Like many others.
    What a bullsh1t.
    "Omg how dare you not to answer to jards letter for 6 weeks!" :D This is pure gold:D "6 weeks!":D Kunos...:rolleyes: "THE COMMUNITY!:eek:"...I mean...relax, there is a roadmap.

I don't even want to imagine the proper answer...

8. aaron0288

You’re still missing the point though. No where did I mention I need a date for this or that, or about the quality of the updates/additions. You’re just making things up there. As always I put in my posts, as do many, how much I love the sim. We’re talking about the lack of communication from Kunos here. Nothing else. That was the main point of Jardier’s post.

Every other dev team from the main, current racing sims provide detailed, regular updates to their community. Reiza studios are especially good at this. Surely you must agree there’s a stark difference with regards to communication here between iracing/Automobilista 2 devs and Kunos? There just seems a general disdain for their user base, which is strange.

ohjeah likes this.
  9. aaron0288

I must put you on ignore. Been meaning to do that for a long time! The drivel you post with the countless smilies is not what I want to read, and you’ve completely missed my point and made a way bigger deal out of everything I’ve put. See my most recent reply to someone who’s also missed my point.

10. Oh...are you already ignoring me?

11. Guidofoc

Guidofoc Alien

Well, Aris has a Discord channel and is live streaming on YouTube very often (Aris.Drives - YouTube), giving advice on driving, car setup etc and racing with the community. which I think is commendable. From him we know they are currently testing 1.9 and some other things. He won't talk about new content, DLC or any of these and I think it is right that if there are any updates they must be officially announced and not "spilled" through him.

Why no announcement then? Who knows? Maybe it's because they are focused on AC2 so having 2 games to work on makes it harder to set deadlines? Maybe there is some conflict between Kunos and 505 games on what to do and we'll see some leadership/plan changes? Maybe licensing issues for the content? What do I know? Certainly, as I said above, Marco is not as active as he was in the community and certainly we are not getting any more of those teasing videos Kunos was producing before. From Aris we know they are working hard. On what, we don't know.

Looking back, I find it unfair to say that Kunos "seems to have a general disdain for their user base": I remember Stefano's very interesting coding live streams, I remember Kunos hiring modders to be part of their team (Minolin, Panky etc.), I see Aris live streaming to this day, participating in community events etc. I remember frequent game updates. and also, let me say, that the price of AC and its DLCs has always been rather reasonable. I think this is enough to warrant at least a bit of patience.

chksix, AndyK70, Luis Branco and 2 others like this.
  12. aaron0288

All very good points. Maybe I’ve generalised a bit too much but I suppose my point is there’s been no direct response from them. They don’t have to, I realise that, but it’s no surprise to me that they haven’t. There’s been a lot of input here and over on Reddit too, and I suppose for me it’s just this lack of response from them that’s disappointing.

As I said before, somebody from Kunos must have seen this thread. If you were them, would you not want to at least respond to it/address it? I’m not putting Jardier up on this pedestal as some claim. He has a large following in the ACC community and must be directly responsible for a lot of attention towards the game and sales, I’ll give him that, but it’s the fact that so many users have chimed in either agreeing or adding their own thoughts and wishes, and we have nothing from Kunos. Regardless, it’s been clear for as long as I’ve been a member here that this is a very 50/50 topic and it’s very hard for one side to understand the other.

I’ll leave it here - iracing/Ams2 devs are managing communication and their community just fine, keeping them informed, giving regular updates, time frames etc. Kunos aren’t anymore. It’s disappointing but let’s not make out that I’m making a big deal of this. It’s just a racing sim after all. I’m just joining in the discussion and expressing my personal disappointment in how Kunos are going about (not) communicating things with us at the moment.

Ale Robles and Guidofoc like this.
  13. Doc3d

Doc3d Racer

There is also the risk of any announcement leading to a wall of “WHEN” and “why this and not this” that might lead to further frustration for the community and more static for the devs. Seen that many times before, the small nuggets of information just whets the appetite and leads to many, many more questions. Which then needs to be answered, or else the devs are back to being called stuck up, snobs and dislocated from their community.

Salvatore Amato, chksix and LATE4APEX like this.
  14. LATE4APEX

LATE4APEX Alien

1st, I did NOT quote one of your posts, or your "name", but you feel that this topic must be made personal, which is never a smart move.

2nd, you did not actually respond to the point in my post,... again, how do you think the quality of the updates etc. will be effected by having one of Kunos staff hand feed members here ???

3rd, once again you have to use a derogatory, "a general disdain for their user base". Do you actually think that will improve the environment here ???

4th, why would someone compare a software packages that cost the user multiple times more ?

Salvatore Amato likes this.
  15. chksix

chksix Hardcore Simmer

Panky was replying in this thread on page 4 so it has been seen by Kunos :)

PostBox981 and LATE4APEX like this.
  16. Leave him be. He's entitled himself to be voice of "THE COMMUNITEH:eek:"

LATE4APEX likes this.
  17. aaron0288

From Jardier’s stream last night, seems as though an official email has gone round a good while ago to all the top ACC YouTubers (signing an NDA agreement) with the roadmap…

18. Turk

Turk Alien

Seems a bit weird to tell influencers and then gag them for a long period of time?
    I can understand why Kunos say little. In the past people have just jumped to conclusions on any little bit of information. But no news just means people will forget about your company.

19. Ecnelis

Ecnelis Alien

20. RDGNL

RDGNL Simracer

Isn't this turning into another generic discussion thread?

chksix likes this.