1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory.
  2. FOR ASSETTO CORSA COMPETIZIONE: If you report issues with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder!
  3. If your game executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, then run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether.

My presentation at FIA Sport congress about E-sports

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by LAR555, Oct 28, 2018.

1. LAR555

LAR555 Rookie

Just got back home from FIA Sport Congress where I had a mission to present Lithuania's E-Sports achievements and to express my opinion on how to engage the young generation in Motorsports. Since we are quite far ahead of other regions in terms of Sim Racing development, I have tried to prove my position that young generation CAN and SHOULD be attracted to motorsports through a proper simulation software like Assetto Corsa because Gran Turismo and other similar commercial software is anything but true representation of motorsports. In conclusion I believe that by sticking to these best selling "games" for their tournaments FIA is hardly doing any good to attract young generation to participate in real autosport as for them it's just another game in the box of CD's for the evening and not something they could rely on for their skill and knowledge development towards the future participation in Motorsport. Before leaving home I had a chance to explain this in depth face to face to several key FIA officials, offered my help to other countries' autosport federations on Esports development and I left on a "keep in touch" note rather than Goodbye ✌

I would encourage Assetto corsa developers and all the communities to start communicating with your countries autosport federations since E-sports seems to be on the top of FIA's developement plan and if we will not do anyththing those rich gaming titles will continue to favore their choice...

I will continue to spread the correct message as much as I can to the top levels of FIA executives in the future meetings.

If you need any help on how to get involved with your automobile federation or other questions you can find me on Facebook - LAR555

rycil, LeiF, dermonty and 11 others like this.

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    Chit Chat Room Just a little presentation Oct 29, 2020
    ACC Gameplay Track presentation before each event ? Jan 20, 2019
    Screens & Videos Assetto Corsa - Sdf1 Tube Apresentation Sep 5, 2017
    Screens & Videos Abgefahren! Porsche Pack 3 presentation (German!) Dec 21, 2016
    Chit Chat Room Nvidia sli & stutter avoidance presentation from nvidia developers' conference 2015 Aug 4, 2015
    Suggestions Counter on blue flag presentation Jul 21, 2015
    Liveries Williams F1 / Williams FW34 / Bruno Senna + Presentation Car [LOTUS EXOS S1] Mar 8, 2014
    Screens & Videos FIAT PANDA on Assetto Corsa! Nov 8, 2020
    Online Leagues / Championships room FIA masters Historic Championship Oct 5, 2020
    ACC General Discussions MasterLooser = Mafia May 30, 2020
    ACC Screenshots & Videos MOD Fiat Fiorino, Stilo e Punto Evo Sport May 14, 2020
    ACC Troubleshooting FIA Rating is too easy May 2, 2020
    ACC Rating & Leaderboards FIA rating? Jan 16, 2020
    Online Leagues / Championships room [AC Series 2020]FIA GT 1 Championship. Jan 3, 2020
    Screens & Videos Fiat Uno, Punto GT and Coupé Turbo Nov 12, 2019

3. Gunja

Gunja Alien

Thank you.

4. Ace Pumpkin

Ace Pumpkin Alien

Sounds nice!

But who are you, what are your connections to FIA, and on what level where your talks with them?

o_O:rolleyes:

5. LAR555

LAR555 Rookie

At the moment I am the guy who presented the proper way of how sim racing should be represented to the highest levels of the FIA officials from europe. Some of the autosport fededations (iceland, sweden,norway) later approached me and expressed their interest into they of doing it through the realistic simulators and actually bringing some benefit to the real motorsport grass roots. I was a delegate through the Lithuanian federation to present our championship Neste dream 2 drive where whe put the winner of e - championship into the real racing car and he performs in the real endurance championship alongside the professional driver. Both winners proved that the guy from sim racing can be just as fast as someone who was driving karts and cars his whole life. This case attracted FIAs attention and I was invented to present this at their europe congerenve. Later I've approached the people from FIA and really tried to offer my help to other federations on how to approach their sim racing communities. I will continue to communicate with them and try to educate them on quality instead of quantity appraoach to professional softwares and their benefits. It really seemed to me that FIA has sim racing on top of their agenda and really want to engage with young generations as this is a new way to prepare future race drivers.

6. LAR555

LAR555 Rookie

Where do you see the scam in here???

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 29, 2018
    Andy-R likes this.
  7. Andrew_WOT

Andrew_WOT Alien

8. DaVeX↯

DaVeX↯ Hardcore Simmer

Did you look at his Facebook page?
    Less coffees next time...

9. Blamer

Blamer Hardcore Simmer

You should take it easy man. Not always, but at least sometimes you should.
    And who are you (without ****, note it) to say someone should be banned from here?

chksix likes this.
  10. baboon

baboon Hardcore Simmer

I couldn't care less about what software the FIA thinks is best for their agenda.

11. WallyM

WallyM Alien

I think that ultimately commercial interests will always sway such decisions, rather than common sense. The deepest pockets usually win, unfortunately.

Have you been in touch with Marco Massarutto here? He's the guy who does all the licensing.