1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

My two pennies.

Discussion in 'ACC General Discussions' started by iVG, Mar 10, 2019.

1. iVG

iVG Alien

Hi, it's been a long time since I posted in this forum, probably a few years. For those of you who weren't around when I was here - basically since Assetto Corsa early access. Yeah.. I'm old now :)
    Anyway just wanted to give some background for what I'm going to say. That said - I want to make this clear first and foremost that this is NOT a wishlist neither it is a review or a troll post. All I want is to give my few opinions and (possibly) ideas and spark some discussion. So here we go.

I have been into simracing since 2011 (not counting the teenage years spent on nfs.. who hasn't really). That said, I understand the hype, the criticism, the 'i want this and i want that' and so on. I have spent almost a week now on ACC and I must say it is captivating. Graphics are top notch, physics are unreal (in the best sense possible and no pun intended with unreal engine...) and the spirit of GT racing is all there. Everything that I wanted AC GT racing to be is now here. Handling just struck a nerve first time I drove even though I am quite rusty. Feels and looks amazing and the day/night and rain are just incredible. Superlatives much but let me finish with them here.

Here's what I've got to say that would POSSIBLY and in a realistic manner and time frame upgrade ACC to what to will be the best simracing experience ever. I like bullet points so here we go.

• Information screen while sitting in the pits.
    I know this might be self explanatory but it has to be here. AC got this pretty much right from the get go. Having to press 'Drive' to be able to see the chat? No. This will be the single most value containing upgrade ACC could get for the time of this post (0.6.3). Chat, weather, temperature and summary laptimes + chat will be more than enough.
    • Low speed force feedback behaviour and car bottoming out sound.
    Now this maybe a little less popular opinion but it is something that I think is currently lacking in ACC. Yes I hear the huge bang when going over a sausage curb and it's lovely. Nothing more spectacular than the sound of bending metal but I think this can be improved. Saying that, I think I can recognise when the car is sitting too low and scrubbing. FFB goes numb, understeer becomes apparent and you kind of feel the belly bouncing. I could be wrong on that, it could simply be diffuser stall or suspension bottoming out, it is hard to tell but from the years with AC and from what I've tested with setup in ACC, raising the car just a little almost entirely fixes the problem. Very apparent though the hairpin on Nurburgring leading to the Schumacher chicane. Again, I could be wrong on that but a simple scrubbing sound would go a long way in finding out what's wrong with the car.
    • Track condition in summary.
    Now back to the main page summary from the first bullet point. I totally agree with @Aristotelis about 'going back to basics' and not actually showing 97.5464634% track grip and overwhelm the player with exact information that is both unrealistic and unnecessary most of the time. BUT the track rubbering in and/or dust accumulation are not immediately apparent in the current state of ACC. Yes, you can feel it when driving but unless you are 100% familiar with your car/setup and do some 10-15 laps, you as a driver do not know what to expect in the first couple of corners or even laps. Is it -5C? is it 40C? I dont know. This becomes even more trouble some when you start changing servers which all have different settings etc.
    Onto the creative bit - a simple 'TRACK: GREEN(IMPROVING)' or 'AVERAGE(DETERIORATING) on main dash screen while sitting in pits along with summary of weather would be absolutely amazing. It doesn't exactly give you all the information but it gives you enough to start with and it does in a realistic manner. For example - a green/improving track would mean that there is very little rubber put on the track but it is currently improving as laps are being put down. Or an average and deteriorating (word choice purely as an example) would mean that rubber has been put down but wind, dust or rain is taking a toll on overall grip levels. Simple, easy way of presenting just enough information whilst staying within the 'back to basics' policy of ACC.

• Personal best ever lap time and gap/pace information during race and qualifying.
    This is again, something that we got in AC whether from stock or with mods. Being able to see your current best lap that you have ever put down on a particular track/car combination is essential to me when it comes to self improvement and drive quality. Again, this comes along with my experience back though the years. I'm not talking something like RSR that we got in AC, just your own personal best, outside any ranking or comparison to any other driver. Information just for us personally, without resorting to the real back to basics of pen and paper...
    Now, this extends also to current best time posted in the session, for example a best lap during race. Currently your race engineer only tells you if you have bested your own time. Not information is being relayed either through comms or dash screen as to what others are doing. Gaps between drivers are visible in the bottom left but certainly a way of knowing what car in front/behind is doing in a simple and easy to read screen would be essential. In real life you could have your engineer saying that to you through team radio. We don't have that.

There's a few more on the list but I think these really aren't so far fetched and doable in a reasonable amount of time. Apart from that ACC is definitely shaping to be the racing game of the year.

Just my two pennies.

iVG.

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    Steering wheels discussions G27 brake pedal mod for pennies. Oct 1, 2017

3. Erik Frisen

Erik Frisen Gamer

I agree with your points here. And another crucial point to the multiplayer is a "ready" button. And if someone is AFK and doesn't press Ready he should be out of the starting grid. I've seen so many starts go into chaos before the race has even started, and happened for me once too when I was on pole and the game froze between sessions.

4. sirgaric

sirgaric Hardcore Simmer

I would say they will correct that :)

Glladorous and sissydriver like this.
  5. JnJ | Rayleigh

JnJ | Rayleigh Simracer

Is it a coincidence that you show up again after Godzilla is released? I don't think so.. :p, Nice to have you back anyway ;)

Concerning the information in the pits I'd add session information. Currently I have no idea how long a race is going to go so that I can practice with the right amount of fuel in my tank. Apart from that, I consent. ;)

Another little issue that might fit this topic is, that once you hit "drive", you're not able to access the setup anymore at the start of a race even though you have plenty of time left till the start. You can easily forget to change something and I don't think that should be penelized like that.

just my 2 cents on your 2 pennies