1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

[Need Info] How much laps for AI to pit with F138

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by Patcha, Nov 4, 2016.

1. Patcha

Patcha Hardcore Simmer

Hi guys!
    I need an info: how much laps should I set a race to tempt AI racers to do a pit-stop with F138?
    Any circuit. Just tell me the info, if you know it, for any circuit you know it. :)
    (No mods, if possible.)

Thank you!

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    ACC Troubleshooting [Need help] Monitors "turn off" during races. Nov 1, 2023
    Chit Chat Room [Need suggestions] F138 - Mugello, challenging AI Nov 8, 2016
    Liveries [need help] how to skin on top of carbon fibre? Oct 23, 2015
    Tracks modding [need help/team needed] so...i've got a little proposition... Jul 24, 2015

3. Epistolarius

Epistolarius Alien

Check the app called Race Fuel Monitor (you might need to enable dev apps), it tells you how many laps the AI has left on fuel.

4. Trezoitao38

Trezoitao38 Simracer

That is a problem. The rules of F1 now dont have refuel. But on Assetto Corsa is possible to refuelling everycar.

5. Epistolarius

Epistolarius Alien

How is that a problem? Assetto Corsa simulates the specific car, not Formula 1. What if you want to race a very long race? You're free to do so in AC. It's fuel and pit stop strategies that are missing in the sim to allow you to replicate rules like that. Doesn't mean it should restrict cars to these rules even if could set them.

6. Trezoitao38

Trezoitao38 Simracer

But dont have the option to not refuel. The only way to do this is disable fuel comsuption, but this any one have to deal to save fuel.

7. Patcha

Patcha Hardcore Simmer

So I should put a race with LOT of laps and check how much fuel AI puts for how many laps?
    If, just for example, the app says AI puts 30 laps fuel, then I set a race for 35 laps, can I be sure they do pit stop for just 5 laps left, or it's more probable they just put more fuel to avoid pit stopping?

8. Epistolarius

Epistolarius Alien

Well. You let them run in qualify or race of any length at least two laps and check the Fuel Monitor app. The FL value tells you how many laps they have left on fuel based on average fuel consumption, FxL how much fuel per lap average. The more laps that app can average the more accurate it gets but after three laps you should have a good picture of how much fuel the AI uses for that track (at least on new tyres).

Then you can go, make a new race weekend and set your maximum lap count, which is for most average F1 tracks somewhere between 50 and 70 laps I think. For very short tracks where the 220L tank would average over 100 laps this of course doesn't work.

Now - the issue with that is that the AI will still pit and set different fuel amounts if the race is long enough, and you will want to pit as well... because of tyres. And for that we'd definitely need pit stop strategies and possibility to set race rules implemented in the game (to prevent automatic refueling). For shorter races it should work however (seemed to work fine for me with 20 laps races). What the AI definitely needs is the qualifying session because without it it cannot determine how much fuel it uses for that circuit and needs for that race. If the AI then still pits way too early, on the last lap or something then it's time for a bug report.

Patcha likes this.