1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

NetKar pro Formula KS2 - I want that feeling again

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by arnzzz1, May 6, 2014.

1. arnzzz1

arnzzz1 Gamer

Hey guys

I bought NetKar pro before I purchased Assetto Corsa, in fact it was after driving the Formula KS2 in that sim that I booted up Steam straight away and threw money at the screen for Assetto Corsa, thinking "If kunos made this (Formula KS2 in NK pro), then Assetto Corsa must surely be able to provide a similar experience with more updated graphics and some extra bells and whistles.

And let me just be VERY clear so I dont get any hate, I am so impressed with Assetto Corsaso far, its so fun and stable and it has sooooo much promise, its my sim of choice. But I am not getting that same feeling from the Lotus Exos or any other car to be honest, were I feel like i'm strapped to a bloody rocket and am fighting to keep control of it.

I have just bought Game Stock Car Extreme, they have a car in that game that gives me that death ride kind of feel and its the V12 open wheelers, they are fracking crazy to drive and that's where I personally get the most enjoyment from these sims.

So I was just wondering if anyone else here remembers that car from NKpro, and if anyone else is missing that death ride kind of driving from Assetto Corsa. I am sure it will come with more tracks and new cars, and i'm patiently waiting as I know its low on the list of things do get done :)

Multiplayer cough cough ;)

Anyway, Good luck Kunos, you guys rock, Its your sim's (NKpro & AC) that have really got me excited about the racing sim as a genre. So Thank you.

Matt A

Jacka, donShere, vektro and 2 others like this.

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    Chit Chat Room About netKar Pro Jul 24, 2023
    Chit Chat Room netKar Pro Dec 4, 2020
    Screens & Videos netKar Pro: the brother of Assetto Corsa Mar 22, 2020
    Chit Chat Room Netkar Pro tracks Jan 20, 2020
    Suggestions [Request to Kunos] Porting Formula 1600, 1800 & 2000 from netKar PRO to Assetto Corsa Jul 11, 2017
    Chit Chat Room Netkarpro...no more servers? Dec 21, 2015
    3D car models Osella pa-21s - netkar pro conversion. Jun 8, 2015
    Chit Chat Room Pay code netkar pro May 20, 2015
    Chit Chat Room Why is ac so much better than netkar pro? Sep 1, 2014
    Chit Chat Room I think netkar pro has better controller support Aug 24, 2014
    Tracks modding Prato - netkar pro conversion (v1.21) Jun 19, 2014
    Tracks modding Netkar Pro Misano Track May 3, 2014
    Chit Chat Room NetKar Pro website down? Apr 18, 2014
    Chit Chat Room netKar PRO on Steam?! Jan 8, 2014
    Chit Chat Room netKar PRO versus AC Dec 21, 2013

3. Strummer

Strummer Simracer

"Multiplayer cough cough"

Will you just leave it alone??

4. TCLF

TCLF Alien

the point of this thread is not to be found

5. Psit

Psit Alien

Lotus 98T.

1200bhp
    540kg's

Coming soon (TM)

Enough said :D

tkrisz2 likes this.
  6. SimMan

SimMan Racer

AC has some great attributes

but I don't get very good ffb in AC

it feels canned with the road noise effect / skid / curb effects so I don't like to use those,
    I don't know if they are temporary measure or those canned options are here to stay

the ffb feels basic and disconnected eg not enough DIRECT ( un-canned ) tire feel

however there is a good feeling of car weight & inertia in the ffb

looking at replays the car physics seem solid but it dosnt fully translate to the ffb to well
    (the replays are totally visually beautiful also )

just my opinion

this could be something why you are not favouring the "feel" you get with AC when comparing to other sims

early days yet maybe kunos have some updates to ffb up their sleeve

Albert McSaltens likes this.
  7. Strummer

Strummer Simracer

Right. I don't usually respond to benign silliness on the forums but, boy, do people write a lot of rubbish. "Death ride experience"? And he's serious about it.

nijeat and Eduardo Aguiar like this.
  8. arnzzz1

arnzzz1 Gamer

Lol wow what happened to this forum. It used to be a nice place. Such a shame.

Thank you to the two people who replied with productive comments, at least I'll keep some faith in this forum.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Jacka, Shaddix, Dick Forrest and 4 others like this.
  9. Jos_theboss

Jos_theboss Hardcore Simmer

Hmm maybe the ffb will be moddable in the future, who knows...

10. TCLF

TCLF Alien

well, to explain my comment:

first you complain that the exos is like a death ride, to after that say that you liked the KS2 because it gives you a death ride feeling. That makes it pretty hard to find a point in your post.

I have no hard feelings against you, I just say what I think.

11. Paul Haworth

Paul Haworth Racer

I thought the point of the post quite clear enough. I love the Exos personally, but just give the FVA F1 a (re)try for (re)comparison. THAT's what he's after. Each to their own!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

12. Dude27

Dude27 Hardcore Simmer

Yes, I really don't like some posters comments. Seriously who are you to act so superior and so fanboy protective when even good constructive feedback are given? be more constructive or just leave your sarcasms and stupid judgments at the door... we are all here to make this sim even more amazing. What you like it or not, constructive critiques are good for everybody, they help to make this game better.

13. TCLF

TCLF Alien

so, he wants more downforce?

Paul Haworth likes this.
  14. Paul Haworth

Paul Haworth Racer

I think that while the Exos is rapid, the FVA F1 is just brutal in its acceleration and violent in its braking capabilities. I retried it recently and the difference is quite marked and very exciting to drive. To be honest, it's probably too much for this sim racer for more than a handful of laps!

Happy lapping all!

arnzzz1 likes this.
  15. Paul Haworth

Paul Haworth Racer

Out of interest, has anyone made a (necessarily rough) comparison of KS2 with ExS1 laptimes?

I might have a look tonight.

16. Radek

Radek Rookie

I have opposite opinion on FFB (as for Lotus Exos S1 and KS2 feeling). I had always more troubles to handle KS2 than Exos S1. I feel big difference in these two sims in feel of tyre locking while braking. AC seems to me to give much more info about tyre locking, therefore threshold braking is for me in AC easier than in nKP. Overall I find AC FFB better. BTW I have been playing nKP since 2010.

17. TCLF

TCLF Alien

there is nothin to compare it on. except if someone makes a track mod for both AC and NKP

arnzzz1 likes this.
  18. Paul Haworth

Paul Haworth Racer

Quite true! That's why I said 'necessarily rough'. I was thinking of comparing the two at Nurburgring, but given the differences in the two versions, it's probably meaningless...I'm still curious though ;)

19. recelebi

recelebi Rookie

its nothing to do with the laptimes . NKpro is epic, FVA is a ****ty arcade. and i'm afraid AC is in somewhere between them.
    arnzzz1 , welcome to my world.

Albert McSaltens likes this.
  20. arnzzz1

arnzzz1 Gamer

If it's not clear from my OP I am new to sim racing, so apologies if my terminology doesn't convey the point I'm trying to make.

Paul Howarth, you used a good term, "Brutal"....I am looking forward to the addition of a really brutal open wheeler☺

The KS2 in netkar feels more harsh and brutal than the Exos in AC but I can feel what's is doing so much more than the Exos, so it ends up being much more rewarding to drive.

Anyway, I'm so excited to be here watching the development so early on of this sim, it's very cool.

Thanks for the posts guys☺

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

21. icyhot

icyhot Gamer

Haha, nice and subtle :D Can everybody please stop being so damn sensitive about... well basically about EVERYTHING? God... we already have an admin that is taking care of the overreacting part...

The KS2 is a little more powerful and has more downforce than the Exos, on one hand. On the other, NKPro has a little less input lag than AC. Not saying the lag is massive in AC either but it's noticable and, at least for me, has an impact on the driving sensation in these super direct open wheelers.

Griffin and recelebi like this.