1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

netKar PRO versus AC

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by WallyM, Dec 21, 2013.

1. WallyM

WallyM Alien

I was asked how I compare netKar PRO to AC.

In terms of physics and FFB, I like AC better than netKar, when I switch back to netKar after playing AC. I think the cars feel more natural in AC. The NKP FFB, together with the sounds (tyre screech) are very good at providing information about what the car's doing in terms of grip, but I think AC feels more realistic. It's a little hard to compare, because the cars are quite different in the two games (except for the Formula Abarth and the SS 500).

I would say in NKP, the cars start to slide quite early, and you can feel the slide and control it. But in AC, you have to push the cars quite hard before you start to feel a loss of traction, but then you can still feel changes in front and rear grip. I think the tyre model in AC is more subtle, letting you explore the limits of the car more. NKP is a bit "artificial", I think, in terms of the cars losing grip very early and very progressively. Braking hard in AC also feels more natural to me than in NKP.

UOPshadow likes this.

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    Chit Chat Room About netKar Pro Jul 24, 2023
    Chit Chat Room netKar Pro Dec 4, 2020
    Screens & Videos netKar Pro: the brother of Assetto Corsa Mar 22, 2020
    Chit Chat Room Netkar Pro tracks Jan 20, 2020
    Suggestions [Request to Kunos] Porting Formula 1600, 1800 & 2000 from netKar PRO to Assetto Corsa Jul 11, 2017
    Chit Chat Room Netkarpro...no more servers? Dec 21, 2015
    3D car models Osella pa-21s - netkar pro conversion. Jun 8, 2015
    Chit Chat Room Pay code netkar pro May 20, 2015
    Chit Chat Room Why is ac so much better than netkar pro? Sep 1, 2014
    Chit Chat Room I think netkar pro has better controller support Aug 24, 2014
    Tracks modding Prato - netkar pro conversion (v1.21) Jun 19, 2014
    Chit Chat Room NetKar pro Formula KS2 - I want that feeling again May 6, 2014
    Tracks modding Netkar Pro Misano Track May 3, 2014
    Chit Chat Room NetKar Pro website down? Apr 18, 2014
    Chit Chat Room netKar PRO on Steam?! Jan 8, 2014

3. The only thing Netkar Pro does better than AC for me is flat spot the tires. I am sure that one of these updates will implement that feature in AC; and as good as it is in netkar I hope that in AC it will be a bit more "subtle". Brake heat, brake fade, and flat spots need to be in AC and hopefully soon. I love Netkar but AC just feels more "mature" and refined in general IMO.

paulieGTR and baloche like this.
  4. toffytofik

toffytofik Gamer

The one thing i like more about NKP is the FFB while braking with locked wheels - the wheel gets lighter. In AC its rumbling (with g27 gets really annoying at times, it's abrupt, especially on the kerbs). The closer you are to complete lock-up the more the rumble is, so i guess it lets you know you're locking but i dont think its realistic, isn't it?
    Either way both sims feel fantastic!

o0thx11380o likes this.
  5. Raymond

Raymond Racer

Thanks for responding. I will take what you have said into consideration as I turn more laps in AC. For whatever reason at this point I still enjoy the overall experience of driving NKP more.

6. sinbad

sinbad Racer

I wish AC had the steering response of nKpro "out of the box". I also think the Formula Fords are on a level which only the very best of AC is comparable with at this time. They're just so engaging and alive.

7. +1

Ive had to test every last setting be it profiler or ingame to reach a modest ffb feeling.Still though some cars are not on par with the FFords.

Also the T500rs ffb is still weird-really heavy-fighting you when you return the wheel to center after correcting a slide.

8. I think the main difference is that in netKar - that I love - some cars are spot on, but others aren't, because the simulator wasn't created to be that flexible. Cars that were added later, like the Osella, have some strange behaviours compared with the FFords (first thing that come to my mind is the influence of fuel loading in the Osella: very difficult to have good laptimes with just 10-12 liters of fuel. Normal, I guess, because the "full tank" when Osella was created in the Marangoni simulator had only 12 liters capacity. So they may have enlarged the tank but not tuned the parameters of fuel influence. Just guessing!).
    They tried to tune the simulator at some point, upgrade after upgrade, but then: you had the Abarth500 going over curbs in an almost real life way, but the F2000 was flipping at almost every curb hit :)
    In AC - thanks kunos! - they built an "engine" that is - imho - much more flexible and that suits much better the different kinds of cars, mainly because it has been created with that in mind. Not to mention that we are just scratching the surface, so I am pretty optimistic looking ahead.
    PS: hi Wally and Nasos!!!!

paulieGTR, WallyM and The Moose like this.
  9. Requiem84

Requiem84 Simracer

To what AC car can you compare the Formula Fords? There is no power steering, no articifical link between steering column and wheels, it simply is a very direct car.

If you compare a Formula ford to a road car in AC, it makes sense the AC car feels vastly different. I think a fair comparison can only be done between (more or less) identical cars.

To me the F abarth also feels very direct, yet not so much alive and moving as the FF's (makes sense, since the downforce and rigid suspension make it another type of car).

WallyM and The Moose like this.
  10. WallyM

WallyM Alien

11. Tim James

Tim James Rookie

netKar PRO has Trento-Bondone. Assetto Corsa does not.

NKP wins.

neodymium and Queequeg like this.
  12. Queequeg

Queequeg Racer

Good point^^ TB has been announced to be at least in the release version though.

13. AC just make me install NKP again, after not playing with for several months.

14. sinbad

sinbad Racer

I'm not really comparing fford with another car in ac. When I refer to steering response I'm talking about the ultra low latency of the display and ffb, it takes some messing about to get that in ac. And the fford is just fantastic imo. I really like ac but it's just a hard act follow. I'm not talking about car handling characteristics, just my subjective idea of how "good" it is.

15. Luigi Gianni Vollaro

Luigi Gianni Vollaro Hardcore Simmer

Sinbad I think some of the reason that Formula Ford was so good in NetKar is simply because simply put, less powerful, lighter cars are simply easier to model. I remember even in Toca 2 the Formula Fords felt very realistic, also the feedback on the Lotus cars in AC from people who own the real cars is that they are also very well modeled. I have a suspicion that heavier, more powerful cars can be harder to model. Weirdly very heavy vehicles like trucks and muscle cars also seem easier to model. Also remember that Formula Fords are very accessible cars, being that they are fairly cheap to run, and unlike supercars many of the developers can have an opportunity to drive as the handling is very well known and get the physics exactly right. I'd love formula Ford for AC, and I suspect it would be even better than the NetKar version.

16. Fruitz23

Fruitz23 Racer

I hope they will never put brake fading in AC, because it's something you can feel through your pedal in real life, but not on your sim pedals. So it would be impossible to tell, if your brakes are too hot in AC and you will most certainly not get the corner - or worse, crash into something/somebody.

Greetz, Fritz

17. Raymond

Raymond Racer

I believe some of the Fanatec pedals provide feedback.

18. FerrariMan96

FerrariMan96 Racer

You forgot something - I get much higher FPS in netKar :p

19. Big Engine

Big Engine Simracer

The only thing of netkar pro that I really miss in ac is the great ffb. The ffb in ac is good but the connection with the car of nk pro was superior

Sergio Marques, sinbad and Fat-Alfie like this.
  20. I still preffer netkar pro FBB

Silvastone and Big Engine like this.
  21. you can compare similar cars like F2000 and Formula Abarth, FFB is very different, i like both, i don't care, i love AC in general, of course, it has some things that are different from netkar pro, but it's probably because it's in beta stage