1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Generic Never adding Le Mans?

Discussion in 'Console Lounge' started by TheRealJuralumin, May 2, 2017.

1. TheRealJuralumin

TheRealJuralumin Simracer

I’ve talked to a few people now in various forums on here about the addition of Le Mans to the game. I’ve been told that the development team have no intention of adding it to the game on the grounds that the licensing costs and work put in would “not do the circuit justice” as it’s a track devoted to endurance racing and because of limitations AC doesn’t have that.

I think this is pretty big shame and I want to give my basic reasoning as to why.

I’m starting this as a new thread because i’m interested in hearing other peoples opinions and maybe even from Kunos themselves. The only other threads that a are discussing this are either buried in with other topics, or started out rude and basically just turned into a giant argument.

I’ll start by saying that Assetto Corsa is easily my favourite racing game right now; it’s got the best car handling and some of the most technically detailed circuits i’ve ever seen in a game.

For me, and a lot of people as i’ve come to see, there’s really two major race tracks that define car racing; the Nurburgring and Le Mans. They are to car racing what Assen and the Isle of Man TT circuit are to motorcycles.

Assetto Corsa easily has the best version of the Nordschleife, with every variant included, even the tourist layout, something i’ve never seen before in a racing game. But one thing i’ve noticed is that the game features a lot of LMP endurance racing cars, 8 from Porsche alone. There’s even another Le Mans classic (The Mazda 787B) being added in the next update! And yet we still don’t have the circuit that these cars were designed to race on.

I know that licensing fees are high, and I know how much work and resources goes into developing for a game, but from my perspective it seems like an absolute waste to not have Le Mans in the game. You guys have put so much time and effort into adding all these great cars like the Porsche 962, the Sauber C9, and now the Mazda 787B. Driving them is amazing, but it’s like a caged bull, with the track selection as it is we very rarely get to take these things to their maximum limits. I can only imagine how great it’d be to drive these cars down the full Mulsanne Straight, flat out. And I know that if Kunos did add the full Circuit de la Sarthe to the game, it’d be the best version available in a video game, at least from a technical standpoint.

The game may not let you drive in the dark, but I don’t think that should be any kind of reason to dismiss the idea of adding this circuit.

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    Troubleshooting - Workarounds Whenever I try to play it automatically sets Magione and the Lotus Elise SC Oct 21, 2023
    ACC Troubleshooting Game crashes whenever I save a livery (in game editor) [AV interference] Apr 20, 2023
    ACC Multiplayer Hacker alert, recorded for proof! Never seen this before! Jun 26, 2022
    ACC User Interface Why I never play ACC Mar 18, 2022
    ACC Troubleshooting Game crashes whenever i try to get into a race [Blocked by Windows Defender] Dec 16, 2021
    ACC Hardware Discussions Anyone feel the FFB in ACC is not as sharp as AC? Is Kunos aware of this? [Nope, never heard] Nov 10, 2021
    ACC Multiplayer CP server race never started Aug 7, 2021
    ACC Multiplayer I can never connect online Feb 7, 2021
    Troubleshooting - Workarounds Whenever i press start the game freezes and the screen goes brown Nov 1, 2020
    Troubleshooting - Workarounds Driver class never update Jan 22, 2020
    ACC Rating & Leaderboards Rating/Stats Never Showing Dec 29, 2019
    ACC Troubleshooting 4 consecutive crashes (never before) Nov 23, 2019
    ACC Gameplay Hi Kunos, please never change this AI its fantastic Sep 8, 2019
    ACC Multiplayer Track conditions never dry in multiplayer Jul 16, 2019
    ACC Troubleshooting 1.0.4 Crash on start up...has never instantly crashed till now :( Jun 17, 2019

3. fbetes

fbetes Simracer

I fully agree! I would love to race in on of the most iconic tracks in the world...

And we have LMP and classic cars to drive around it.

4. iwanchek

iwanchek Simracer

Agree OP BUT I've to say that priorities should be in the first place like the upcoming update which will include custom lobbies etc etc etc, which was delayed bcoz of the complexity of it.

After that they'll be bugs, glitches etc then when they fix that then we can talk about tracks and cars. For now I'm pretty bored with the game even tho it's the top notch in the racing world but lack of content it's just for me not fun anymore.

Im personally pissed about the delayed update, but asking now a other content it's too much for them.

Let them do their work and we'll see what the upcoming update will bring as a whole update.

Time will show will the game become huge or will it fail.... I think the second option will be but we'll see.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

svenvangent and paul_wev like this.
  5. fbetes

fbetes Simracer

We'll see...

I agree with iwanchek. At the moment there is other priorities before adding new content. I hope the next updates add new features and the game has less differences with PC version.

PRO Stream BG likes this.
  6. Schnipp

Schnipp Alien

Marco (responsible for licences) or Stefano (main dev) talked about it, basicly the costs around a track need be reasonable so that DLC sales cover the cost of licence and work to create the track.
    But LeMans apparently is so expensive (similar for Suzuka btw.) that it's just not economical to do it.
    Ask yourself if you'd run a business, would you do something if you know that you lose money on it?

BTW: Does the console have the Highland track yet?
    If not, you should look forward to it.
    My honest opinion (I had a LeMans mod on AC for a while):
    I enjoy driving the LMP/Group C cars way more on Highlands than at Le Sarthe!
    Ok, Le Mans has the heritage around it, but I'm all about having the most enjoyable driving I can and Highlands is the better track for that.

I don't have a full lap, but here is the straight on the long layout.

7. TheRealJuralumin

TheRealJuralumin Simracer

Damn! The highlands track looks so much better than I thought. Black Cat County was a bit of a let down, felt like it belonged in an arcade racer and not a sim, but that Highlands track looks like just the thing i’ve been wanting; fast, bumpy public roads. I’m actually super excited for it now, thanks for sharing that.

8. chakko

chakko Alien

Of course, Le Mans would be nice, as would any other track. There are things i'd rather like to see added to AC though, like, some FWD touring cars, finally, or more british race tracks, or even wet races (which probably won't come in AC1 though...). I think we have a pretty decent Le Mans mod track, so i'm not really THAT hot about it. Not a huge fan of the Le Mans 24 hours anyway.

Ah, well, nevermind, i just saw this is posted in the "Console Loung", i don't even know if you can load addon tracks on a console...

DonZmeuheu likes this.
  9. Reinart86

Reinart86 Racer

Nope

10. The argument they should focus on bug fixing and features before considering new tracks is a silly one. The guys in charge of those things (coding) have no input into making the tracks and vice versa. It makes sense to be working on both in parallel.

That being said, I also would like to see Le Man, but understand how it may be financially not viable, and therefore accept the decision not to have it. Seems the OP also knew of the licensing costs, which begs the question why even start the thread...

alex21212121 and pippo10 like this.
  11. Scuderia Paul

Scuderia Paul Hardcore Simmer

What?! We can never be friends as a result!
    ;)

Hugo Catarino and pippo10 like this.
  12. iwanchek

iwanchek Simracer

Ypu realize that they're team of 30 dudes right? So, how can they work parallel on both sides, how?!? So what you wrote doesn't make any sense here. :)

13. LeDude83

LeDude83 Alien

The tone of this thread is the right one ;-)

As for the topic: if LeMans really is so freaking expensive I don't think it will happen.

Good on Schnipp for coming up with Highlands - it's not the real thing but a hell of a comfort to the omission :)
    I also like it better than LeMans and it's indeed perfect for the LeMans cars in AC.

LATE4APEX and Schnipp like this.
  14. I don't get your point. Are you suggesting Simone stops working on tracks altogether whilst the guys in charge of programming fix all bugs and add more features? How is that productive?

Let Simone carry on making tracks (as Kunos are), whilst other team members are working on bugs etc.

Stopping the modellers from modelling just because there are some bugs to be dealt with elsewhere is just *****ic.

Epistolarius and pippo10 like this.
  15. chakko

chakko Alien

:( ;)

Scuderia Paul likes this.
  16. iwanchek

iwanchek Simracer

I'm telling you that they don't have enough ppl to work on two sides I think that's not hard to understand! Last update was 28.02.2017 that's enough I think.

17. Right, so you want the modelling guys to down tools, and start learning to code so they can bug fix?...

I think you'll find that's called being unreasonable.

paul_wev likes this.
  18. iwanchek

iwanchek Simracer

I'm real nothing more nothing less.

19. I think your suggestion that the track modellers should change profession or be fired and replaced with programmers is quite the opposite 'real', and in fact completely unrealistic...

Fat-Alfie and Schnipp like this.
  20. iwanchek

iwanchek Simracer

1. You're missing the point here. I'm saying that they're only 30 ppl who works on the game.
    Mi mention that the last patch was 18.02, almost three months without any improvements or additional content. If you think that their job is easy please send them ur job application.

2. You've heard from licensing stuff? They need to pay licensing fee which is unaffordable for now (their words almost) and scanning tracks
    Etc with so small geoput of ppl is almost impossible!

I didn't say that they won't add more content, the will but after the next patch and so on.....

21. Nowhere did I suggest or implicate their job is easy, not sure where you are getting this idea from. I understand its a small team, which explains why updates take some time to come into fruition. But suggesting the team should forget about future content when that is their job, content creation, is just silly.

Regarding point two, again I'm not disputing it - please read my first comment:

When I mentioned the financial viability, I was referring to the cost of licensing...