1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

PS4 New Assetto corsa player

Discussion in 'Console Lounge' started by Gjsparkles, Sep 3, 2016.

1. Gjsparkles

Gjsparkles Gamer

Hi all and I'd like to start off by saying what a game Having been a long time GT player of past I'd been waiting for the new one to come out on ps4 but having saw Assetto I went and bought a G29 and Assetto. Can't say I'm disappointed in the least.

I'm a bit scared of joining an online race atm due to not wanting to be the guy that crashes into everyone as I'm just learning the tracks and car handling and of course I want to be competitive when I make the jump.

So for the moment any advice on getting a good start off the line and where to start tweaking the set up would be appreciated.

I've been trolling the forums and in all it looks like a good community to be part of and I hope that the pc/console elitism doesn't boil over to much as after all it's all about the Racing.

Sparkles.

Hammerpgh, Gabrien, LeDude83 and 6 others like this.

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    Chit Chat Room Assetto Corsa Evo Modding Support? Apr 4, 2024
    News and Announcements Assetto Corsa Competizione v1.10.1 hotfix update OUT NOW! Apr 4, 2024
    News and Announcements Assetto Corsa Competizione v1.10.0 update and Nürburgring 24hr DLC are OUT NOW! Apr 3, 2024
    Chit Chat Room Assetto corsa 2 Mar 26, 2024
    Console Lounge How to share clips to Assetto Corsa club Mar 17, 2024
    ACC General Discussions An official Assetto Corsa discord server please. (iracing, raceroom, and gt7 has one) Mar 16, 2024
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions Assetto corsa competizione ps5 Mugello best track Mar 14, 2024
    ACC Troubleshooting Assetto Corsa Competizione UE4-AC2 Game has crashed and will close. Feb 25, 2024
    Chit Chat Room Assetto Corsa 2 Silence Feb 22, 2024
    ACC Troubleshooting Moving Game Files from One Drive to C:\Users\Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione Feb 19, 2024
    News and Announcements Assetto Corsa Competizione v1.9.8 hotfix update OUT NOW! Feb 1, 2024
    Bug reports Assetto Corsa Competizione PS5 Version 1.9.7 Wipers Bug Jan 29, 2024
    News and Announcements Assetto Corsa Competizione v1.9.7 hotfix update OUT NOW! Jan 26, 2024
    News and Announcements Assetto Corsa Competizione v1.9.6 update and GT2 Pack DLC are OUT NOW! Jan 24, 2024
    Troubleshooting - Workarounds Unable to Play Assetto Corsa on Steam due to Malicious code found by AV Jan 5, 2024

3. Steve32

Steve32 Simracer

I would probably start with TC and ABS set to Factory this way if the car has it in real life the car in AC will use it, reducing front and maybe rear tyre pressure slightly like 2 clicks will give a bit more traction once the tyres are heated up, Lowering the car try to keep around a 8-10mm rake > (rear slightly higher then the front) i tend to stiffen the front suspension by a click or 2 to make it more responsive on turn in, lowering the car will also generate more downforce so tweak aero if needed.

Use as little fuel as is needed to finish the race on PC if you run say a qualify do a couple of laps and go back to the setup screen / back to pits under fuel section it should say how many litres you will need to complete the race also less fuel makes the car lighter so you also get a bit more speed out of it.

If your brave reduce the aero / wings as low as possible if its available on the car as this will give you higher top speed and acceleration but will affect turning as will have less downforce.

Other then that Practice practice practice :)

Edit - Choose appropiate tyres semislicks mainly on road cars if available, race cars would say softs for a few qualifying laps and mediums to hards depending on length of race.

Street tyres for just having some fun and sliding around that always put a smile on my face ;)

Last edited: Sep 3, 2016
  4. Ace Pumpkin

Ace Pumpkin Alien

If you haven't seen this already, it's a good start at building your technique

Be smooth and have patience, and most importantly have fun.
    Welcome to AC.

5. Good hints and interesting Video.

Regarding crash prevention in the online races. After I started going of the gas early before corners when somebody was directl in front of me I did not crash anymore. I am also not loosing space that way as I can breake a little later after seeing the brake lights of the front man. This brings me as near as I was before taking feet off the throttle.

For sure not switching lanes if someone is beside you is the other part. For this case I like the red arrows.

Hammerpgh and Ace Pumpkin like this.
  6. Gjsparkles

Gjsparkles Gamer

Thanks for the tips and I'll be sure to enjoy the trials and tribulations of excelling at this game. The physics are just amazing.

Hammerpgh and Steve32 like this.
  7. ShredatorFIN

ShredatorFIN Alien

Putting more negative camber in street cars might be good. Meaning the tyres will lean like this //_____\\ when seen from behind/front of the car. Increases lateral traction and turn in traction. However you lose some longitudinal traction (acceleration/braking) and tyres heat up faster and less evenly, but anyway that's the way to control these cars better on track. For example in RUF Yellowbird makes huge difference, the default setup is very hard to drive. Street cars aren't really meant for track and default setup is not for track. Race cars have lot more of negative camber by default.

8. AC_CM505

AC_CM505 Staff Member

Welcome to the forums and welcome to the world of Assetto Corsa :)

Hammerpgh and Gjsparkles like this.