1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

New nvidia drivers.

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by Christopher Pick, Sep 19, 2014.

1. Christopher Pick

Christopher Pick Hardcore Simmer

The new 344.11 drivers are out, has anybody tried AC on them yet? Any differences?

A.r.e.s. and Joshkerr like this.

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    ACC Troubleshooting UE4 Fatal Error Crash [nvwgf2umx.dll - nvidia drivers] Aug 25, 2022
    ACC Troubleshooting Nvidia Drivers 445.75 - Image Sharpening causes UE Crash Mar 23, 2020
    ACC Virtual Reality New Nvidia drivers 441.87 VR disconnects Jan 7, 2020
    ACC Hardware Discussions Nvidia drivers discussion Jul 11, 2019
    ACC General Discussions Nvidia drivers 418.91 Caution Feb 13, 2019
    ACC General Discussions Updating Nvidia Drivers Sep 19, 2018
    Chit Chat Room Nvidia Beta Options in GFE with latest Drivers FILTERS!! Jan 19, 2018
    Troubleshooting - Workarounds Latest Nvidia drivers 387.92 Issues with AC Oct 19, 2017
    Chit Chat Room struggling with nvidia drivers Dec 27, 2016
    Chit Chat Room In light of the recent buggy Nvidia drivers Nov 10, 2016
    Troubleshooting - Workarounds Assetto Corsa 5FPS with Nvidia drivers? Nov 5, 2016
    Chit Chat Room Best nvidia drivers for win7? Oct 24, 2016
    Graphics and Models/Tracks Bugs & Issues A lot lower fps and performance since 1.3.3 (solved installing nvidia 355.98 drivers) Oct 24, 2015
    Graphics and Models/Tracks Bugs & Issues Triple buffer broken in recent nvidia drivers? Oct 24, 2015
    Graphics and Models/Tracks Bugs & Issues Latest nvidia drivers cashes Apr 10, 2015

3. Joshkerr

Joshkerr Alien

I have a graphic card GTX 570 HD and I see more fluidity and a few more frames.

4. Rickne

Rickne Hardcore Simmer

Getting a new CTD in which the app doesnt close entirely. Forcing me to reboot.

Racing_34 likes this.
  5. Ben Lee

Ben Lee Alien

My driver just crashed whilst web surfing. It reloaded ok though, took about 2 minutes to kick back in. Not convinced yet.

6. martcerv

martcerv Alien

Havent noticed any change, was hoping for SLI improvements from NV but still all the same issues since the new post processing build. Frames have been fine so no real big deal but with PP on needs cube frames at 6 otherwise SLI is broken. At 7680x1440 have cubes at 6 can slow things down at times so I mostly have been running post effects off and it runs fine.

7. Mike1304

Mike1304 Alien

I still think it's a Kunos problem and not a Nvidia driver problem. Because the SLI-problem with PP and 6 frames occured right after an AC update and not after a Nvidia driver update. I wrote this many times already but Kunos still say it's a driver issue. Whenever I ask them politely to explain it to me they ignore me... :(

nate likes this.
  8. WhosOnTheThrone

WhosOnTheThrone Simracer

Avoid if you use surround as they broke it.

9. Jaye

Jaye Alien

surround is working fine here with the new drivers...

only problem i have:
    when trying adaptive vsync again (wasn't working like it should with surround before, now it seems working), i had some very short (less a second) full black right screen. happens two or three times during a 10 lap multiplayer race.

10. TTM

TTM Alien

Game runs now on my system much better than before.. :)

11. WhosOnTheThrone

WhosOnTheThrone Simracer

Might be card dependent then, quite a few others have posted on nvidia forums about it aswell.

12. Jaye

Jaye Alien

670 her, had to reassign the displays but works like before... have you tried a clean install?

13. Santa Cruz

Santa Cruz Gamer

The driver run to blackscreen here, i think doesnt support my second old 8800 GTS 512 anymore

...so i stay on the Old Driver for now.

Mhhh that new 970 is teasing me :)

Greets

14. TomTrick

TomTrick Gamer

2 x 770gtx SLI triple screen here, working fine, didnt notice any difference

15. adaptable1

adaptable1 Racer

Surround took some time to get configured in the control panel the first time. After a reboot, it has been working fine with a small increase in frame rate. I have everything maxed out and frame rate capped at 100fps (only drops occasionally, but stays smooth). No Post Processing and only 3 faces per frame/low.

FYI, seems to have fixed SLI with rFactor2.

16. Abominus

Abominus Racer

17. Cassio

Cassio Gamer

18. adaptable1

adaptable1 Racer

I run AF x16 and AA at x8. When I did not have 2x SLI it was more like AF 8x and AA 4x (or even less with medium shadows)

There is definitely something to this. AF @ 8x or 16x in the game don't seem to make a difference, but in the override & 16x in the driver/NVidia inspector, the road texture looks more defined and it doesn't seem to affect the frame rate. I was still getting slight stuttering on wide curves with SLI, but then I lowered my max frame rate to 84, and it went away.

Last edited: Sep 21, 2014
  19. martcerv

martcerv Alien

After running these for a while AC seems to be running great. However I also had a failing hdd and replaced my main boot drive with an ssd. The ssd itself probably isnt helping much but the failing drive was causing me issues.

I spent most of the day racing mp and have been able to run all max except smoke on very low (still sli killer for me) cube res med 6 faces and pp effects on ultra. Frame capped at 61 and it never once dropped off that trying quite a few different tracks. This is on triples at 7680x1440 8xaa sxss 16xaf.

Was struggling a bit last driver build same settings and so I was mostly running no pp effects as 6x faces were causing a slowdown. But quite likelynissues were caused by instability caused by the hdd which made me turn down the cpu and gpu clocks a bit for reasons I didnt know. Then once I found the hdd to be the issue all back to normal.

Id still like to be able to turn cube faces down and still run pp effects. But with sli it needs 6 faces otherwise it breaks it.

20. T'PAU

T'PAU Hardcore Simmer

Really? That's strange. After verified this AF-issue with some official tracks (tried Silverstone and Imola), I could say, that the AF-slider in the ingame graphics-options simply has no effect, AF is always off! Only forced by Nvidia-driver I have AF ingame.
    It's not that obvious on these tracks like it is on Transfagarasan, but you can clearly see the difference in comparison Screenshots.
    I don't know since when ingame-AF doesn't work, maybe with the introduction of the new graphics-engine. :rolleyes:

AA works ingame and couldn't be forced from the Nvidia-driver (greyed out).

21. Pallam

Pallam Gamer

20-30 FPS more, and better quality at all.
    Perfect work from Nvidia :D