1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

New pc build help please .

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by richard thompson, Oct 14, 2018.

1. Hi folks im upgrading my pc in the next few days and im going to install a new clean windows .I want to keep all my personal files settings ETC fom my current pc , hows the best way to go about this ? Is their a piece of software to use ? Thanks :)

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    Programming Language - Apps - GUI Themes Can anyone help me for building arduino dashboard (in italian language please) Nov 9, 2014
    Graphics and Models/Tracks Bugs & Issues Building the track i work at, HELP with Shadow Anomaly I can't reproduce. Aug 8, 2023
    ACC Hardware Discussions PC Build Jul 12, 2023
    ACC Virtual Reality RTX4090 PC build for VR Feb 17, 2023
    ACC Hardware Discussions Help on building a high end PC for ACC triple+1 screens setup Oct 27, 2022
    ACC Hardware Discussions PC Rebuild Advice Aug 23, 2022
    ACC Hardware Discussions ACC Server Linux and ARM64 builds May 22, 2022
    ACC Graphics - Tracks and Cars Dirt build up 992 Cup Mar 26, 2022
    ACC Virtual Reality New PC build - launching game in VR has constant flickering and screen fragmenting Mar 19, 2022
    Screens & Videos a z-tune i build converted from GTS base model v-spec II Jun 1, 2021
    ACC Hardware Discussions [Solved] I need help: Trying to build a decent Simracing PC (5760x1080@60) Dec 18, 2020
    General modding discussion is it possible to change textures of things like vegetation and buildings? Sep 14, 2020
    ACC Hardware Discussions Advice with new PC build Aug 29, 2020
    General modding discussion [help] Trying to build first track. Much appreciated? Aug 12, 2020
    ACC Troubleshooting Public Beat (Build ID 5184192): Stuttering Jun 26, 2020

3. dermonty

dermonty Hardcore Simmer

Which settings do you wanna keep exactly?
    Your important personal files you can just copy to a USB drive (or into the cloud)

4. Game saves etc ?

5. dermonty

dermonty Hardcore Simmer

I think you have to collect by hand what you need. If you use Steam, most savegames already stored in the steam cloud. You don't have to backup anything for those.
    If you have Games, who saves on your Hard disk, you have to look where the game is saving.
    Most Applications put their stuff into C:\Users\<your-username>\AppData

6. Schnipp

Schnipp Alien

Well, are you getting a new drive for your next build or do you intend to use your current one?

If you use a new drive you could just install the old one in the new pc and then copy the necessary files. (just make sure you select the new drive as boot device)

7. Im not getting any new drives , was just gonna delete my partition and go from their. Would it be possible to use my old windows with the new pc chipset then do the windows clean build method? Would windows automatically find the drivers for a different chipset?

8. dermonty

dermonty Hardcore Simmer

Oh no this is not a good method :eek:. Do it clean ^^
    But remember, your actual windows copy will not work with the new hardware if you use Windows 10 :)
    It differs from country to country. I don't know where you live. So you maybe need a new copy.
    In Germany, or is it maybe an European law permits you to transfer your software to another machine. I already did this successfully. But you need to associate your Windows copy with your Microsoft Account. Then, in that account on the webpage, you have to unbind your licence from that machine and are free to install it on another machine.

Last edited: Oct 15, 2018