1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

New to AC and racing sims :)

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by H17mdr, Sep 14, 2021.

1. H17mdr

H17mdr Rookie

Hello guys im really not into gaming in general, im 34 an bought my first console last week lol only for 1 game Assetto Corsa. I had a couple of cheap track cars before an done a few trackdays at donnigton park and bedford autodrome, couldn't keep up with the costs of having a second car so decided to get into sim racing lol.

Ive bought a Playseat evolution and a logitech G920 an im loving it, only been playing it for a couple of days but im improving very well. Eventually i will upgrade to a gaming pc and go for iracing, has anyone played iracing? Reviews rate it as the best racing sim.

Just thought id introduce myself

The_Bad_Fasterd and anthonylroy like this.

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    Chit Chat Room Old school racing games/sims May 5, 2016
    Chit Chat Room Why aren't the japanese making racing sims? May 15, 2015
    Chit Chat Room Ea, porsche and all the racing sims/games Feb 9, 2015
    Chit Chat Room Two things that always kind of bug me about racing sims. Aug 5, 2014
    Chit Chat Room Do racing sims make you a better driver in real life? Apr 16, 2014
    Chit Chat Room Why do you play racing sims? Why do you play AC? Apr 15, 2014
    Chit Chat Room Total beginner to racing games/sims Mar 15, 2014
    ACC Online Leagues / Championships room [PC] Nordschleife Trophy | Thursday [SimRacing-GP.net] Apr 7, 2024
    ACC General Discussions An official Assetto Corsa discord server please. (iracing, raceroom, and gt7 has one) Mar 16, 2024
    ACC Online Leagues / Championships room [PC] Racing Pals RP Series - Sundays @ racing-pals.com Jan 22, 2024
    ACC General Discussions Coming back to racing Jan 7, 2024
    Online Leagues / Championships room I am trying to make a racing league! Dec 19, 2023
    Chit Chat Room Racing/Hotlapping against other players' ghost Dec 3, 2023
    ACC Online Leagues / Championships room [PC] GT3 - USA Sprints | Thursday [SimRacing-GP.net] Nov 7, 2023
    ACC Online Leagues / Championships room [PC] GT4 - World Sprints | Thursday [SimRacing-GP.net] Oct 8, 2023

3. H17mdr

H17mdr Rookie

Lol guess no1 cares about iracing

4. Cote Dazur

Cote Dazur Alien

On the official Kunos AC forum, you are right, not so much.

On the IRacing forum, they are crazy about it. ;)

stefanoCasillo likes this.
  5. Rudski

Rudski Alien

So you came to the AC forum asking about iracing? Why don't u go to the actual iracing forums?

Odd thread :/

6. H17mdr

H17mdr Rookie

So you guys dont play any other sim apart from AC? Lol

Just asked for opinions on it guys, dont stress

7. Odbball

Odbball Racer

hi,

my fav sim is AC, followed by ACC.
    I started like you, on console, and then moved to PC.

AC can be bought for.abouy a tenner, on PC you get so many free mods. And my low to mid grange PC Can run it decently in VR.

My PC can’t run ACC in VR.

I had a trial of Iracing - kinda enjoyed it. But it’s expensive, and I prefer the physics and FFB in AC/ACC. it had done good racing, but you can get equally good racing at Simracingsysten and now RaceU.

AC all the way now I have VR. I never play any other sim, on that you are correct.

8. Cote Dazur

Cote Dazur Alien

No stress, just trying to help. Since you are new, on a dedicated developers support forum, usually we tend to stick to the simulator that is supported by the forum as discussion topic. To discuss difference between title that usually happen on "neutral" forum like race department or GT Planet.

Yes, on PC, since we have so many choice, we tend to play more than one title but AC is special on many aspect, one of those aspect is that, with time and because it is moldable, we end up with a lot of content available to us. Since we have the ability to do almost whatever we want, create championship with almost any series of any years, which is not the case with other title, adding to that a physic model equal if not superior to any other title, their is no real reason to drive anything else. With the exception of ACC, because it simulate GT3 and GT4 in such a painstakingly high level of details, that it is in a league of its own. If you have the hardware to run next generation software, nothing come close to ACC, just a shame it is limited to GT3 and GT4. Maybe one day.

First point in my agenda, if I was you, would be to get a great PC. I also started with console, but for anything else than very casual, PC is the way to go.

Welcome to the community.:)

9. H17mdr

H17mdr Rookie

Thanks guys for the informative replies, i did buy ACC for my xbox but i quickly exchanged it for AC as it offered more variety. Im really enjoying AC at the moment an yes the plan is to eventually move over to PC, just want to get on a decent level on xbox first

Cote Dazur likes this.
  10. Cote Dazur

Cote Dazur Alien

Sounds good, take your time, we are not going anywhere, will be here for you when you jump on the PC train.

If you think vanilla console AC offer variety, be ready to have your mind blown when you get unleashed PC AC.

11. H17mdr

H17mdr Rookie

Sounds exciting mate, cant wait

Cote Dazur likes this.