1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

New to AC and think its brilliant

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by flanders010, May 29, 2014.

1. flanders010

flanders010 Rookie

I haven't played a sim racing game on my desktop in about 3 years. my G25 broke and at the time GTR Evolution was getting boring to me.

After playing AC on my mates computer a hand full of times in the last month i was very impressed.

So today i downloaded AC and picked up my new G27 and have spent 5hrs playing it so far :)

Think i may even have to join a league :)

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    ACC General Discussions The 'mask' of a brilliant setup - How fast are you really? May 6, 2019
    Chit Chat Room Ahvenisto, what a brilliant circuit! Jun 1, 2017
    Chit Chat Room Mišeluk street circuit is brilliant! WOW Sep 14, 2016
    Chit Chat Room Ac is a brilliant forza/gt race sim as well. tips for controllers. May 23, 2015
    Chit Chat Room Weekend Multiplay was ... BRILLIANT!! May 12, 2014

3. alex72

alex72 Alien

Sweet. Welcome to the team! Best sim around. Driving these cars and on these tracks is a superb experience not found in many places. :) And more is on the way. Check under INFO (cars & tracks): https://www.assettocorsa.net/en/

For a league you could check this out: http://www.affinitysimracing.com/

Me and a couple of AC friends joined up today. Got our license and applied to the first EXOS STD league starting in about 3 weeks. ASR is new and is filling up with drivers. Join us! :cool:

Enjoy your stay and check the mod section for extra tracks and cool skins.

Good to have you here. ;)

PS. Make a signature with your PC/AC specs/settings so people and Kunos can help you in the future if you need it.

Emin and Shrubbo like this.
  4. Emin

Emin Racer

I am also new here. Downloaded AC but I am waiting wheel right now :)

Dennis Neo, Dick Forrest and alex72 like this.
  5. Matty28

Matty28 Simracer

Welcome! What wheel? I remember the wait when I got my Fanatec CSR. It was a painful couple of weeks. Mine was delayed by Christmas and UPS held it back because I got the "standard" service.

Dennis Neo likes this.
  6. Emin

Emin Racer

911 GT3 RS v2 value pack xl. it comes with CSR Elite Pedals + CSR shifter set. And there is no delaying for now :) It is coming in 2 days :)

alex72 and Matty28 like this.
  7. iVG

iVG Alien

Can you provide link for the bundle, please? The only thing that says value pack xl on the site is with the forza wheel, not the gt3 rs v2.

8. Emin

Emin Racer

9. $150 for the Elite pedals ($200 with the sweet inversion kit) is one of the best deals in sim racing gear. Worth every penny and more IMO.

alex72 and Emin like this.
  10. iVG

iVG Alien

Ohhh it's the US version of the page. I was looking at the .eu
    That bundle is not available in Europe. Well, you can use the configurator but it doesn't show a discount :/ I was actually getting pretty geared up for an upgrade from my DFGT.

11. mattrick

mattrick Racer

Welcome,

I tried F1 2013 on Tuesday for the first time in 6 months and was astounded by how bad the realism was after playing AC

Dennis Neo likes this.
  12. flanders010

flanders010 Rookie

i think my old wheel was past it. it feels now i can push more and feel confident when the wheel is turned. although that could be the game.

had some good, close, fair online game play last night which was a relief

13. Matty28

Matty28 Simracer

When I play that game I actually still use the Xbox 360 controller because it's so bad with a wheel.

14. Ted_R

Ted_R Racer

I agree 100%, the CSR Elite pedals are a great product and an excellent value.

Glad you're enjoying the game OP, you're right, it's great !

Last edited: May 29, 2014
  15. Emin

Emin Racer

I am so excited. I was using this wheel for a long time like 12 years and I am 21 right now :D so, more than half of my life was with this old guy :D and also, I am playing racing games since i was 3 or 4 years old, not sim but racing :D damn i like playing these things :)

Here is the picture of my oldie :) (picture is not from me)

[​IMG]

Last edited: May 29, 2014
    Dick Forrest, mattrick and Matty28 like this.
  16. Connor Caple

Connor Caple Rookie

I have only had this game a matter of days, but it is great to drive.

I stopped driving on my PC a few years ago because my gaming rig was put away as, apparently, having the spare room to play games in was not what it was for. Who knew? :p

Anyway. I got myself a new desk last year in my own corner of the house and started racing on GT5, then GT6. I'm rubbish, no problem admitting that, but I asked some friends over at Race Department about AC and decided to give it a go. I don't regret it at all and am looking forward to getting things set up so I'm ready to race online. I like the handling in AC much better than the PS3 games. It feels more like a real car. I'm hoping to find a car/track combo that exists in both games just so I can compare them for myself sometime. (Monza is the obvious track, but not compared the car lists yet)

My only issue is hinted at above. My PC has not seen an upgrade for at least three years and is low down the spec for the game (as you can see in my sig) so I'm spending a lot of time fiddling about with settings trying to get some decent frame rates out of it. This is mostly guesswork as I can't find any way of displaying the ingame framerate, but I just watch for judders and the suchlike.

Hopefully, around December, I may be able to get some upgrades and play the game properly. :D

The only thing I'd really like to see added to AC is Minis!

Dick Forrest and Matty28 like this.
  17. Emin

Emin Racer

can anybody say their wheel options? it is really hard to keep wheel straight with default options

EDIT: uh, I added some linearity from wheel, it is better now

18. Ben Lee

Ben Lee Alien

I must have the oldest (still working) driving force pro out there. I bought it in 2005 for GTL. It's been an absolute hero, it's taken so much abuse, and its never missed a beat. I keep eyeing up a G27 as a replacement, but then keep putting it off.

19. Emin

Emin Racer

EDIT 2: Inverted option was selected. Deselected it and problem solved.

20. Aryko

Aryko Gamer

"My only issue is hinted at above. My PC has not seen an upgrade for at least three years and is low down the spec for the game (as you can see in my sig) so I'm spending a lot of time fiddling about with settings trying to get some decent frame rates out of it. This is mostly guesswork as I can't find any way of displaying the ingame framerate, but I just watch for judders and the suchlike. "

Connor Caple you can use fraps to see the ingame frames . http://www.chip.de/downloads/FRAPS_13010723.html
    Try it , i use it all the time .

21. Move your mouse to the right side of your screen and use the FPS app.
    2014-06-03_00001.jpg