1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

New top gear Chris Harris in an Alfa Giulia

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by martcerv, Aug 19, 2016.

1. martcerv

martcerv Alien

Cool review that just came up with top gear pretty much continuing on with what Chris Harris used to do. ;)

Last edited: Aug 20, 2016

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    ACC Controls & Peripherals ACC stopped accepting gear up control when driving Jul 25, 2021
    ACC Physics Engine stopping ang gearshift grinding Sep 16, 2018
    ACC Controls & Peripherals Crash to Desktop on Launch - UNPLUG T500 GEAR SHIFTER and DETECT DEVICE Sep 12, 2018
    Chit Chat Room A damaged gearbox can be repaired during pit stop? Nov 26, 2017
    Chit Chat Room Top Gear S24 Apr 3, 2017
    Physics Bugs & Issues Porsche 911 Hybrid 2015 stop hybrid systems powering in 1st/2nd gear? Nov 27, 2016
    Chit Chat Room Top Gear Test Track vs Eboladrome Nov 26, 2016
    Chit Chat Room Top Gear Speedweek Special with Chris Harris Oct 9, 2016
    Chit Chat Room The Grand Tour - New Top Gear starts Nov 18th Sep 16, 2016
    Chit Chat Room Chris Harris Drives: Bentley Continental GT3 at Spa (TopGear) Aug 26, 2016
    Chit Chat Room New Top Gear discussion (s23) Jun 13, 2016
    Physics Bugs & Issues Pagani Huayra - Top Gear tyres + Understeer Feb 24, 2016
    Tracks modding Top Gear Track? Feb 19, 2016
    Physics modding - Cars & Tyres Can you stop the ai from changing the final gear ratio Nov 27, 2015
    Tracks modding .fbx files for top gear test track Aug 19, 2015

3. Glaurung

Glaurung Hardcore Simmer

Such an over-rated driver.
    Just good at drifting and powersliding for his spectacular shows, but when it comes to driving, Chris Harris should leave the place to a proper driver.

4. Błażej

Błażej Racer

Have you ever seen him racing on nordschleife 24h or at goodwood revival? I would say he is quite decent.
    As for the car, Im absolutely in love. This car is a real blessing for every alfisti and car enthusiast.

5. Glaurung

Glaurung Hardcore Simmer

I've seen racing him on TV, and it's a mediocre amatorial race driver.
    I entertain looking his YT videos, I'm subscribed to his channel, they are fun and nice to see, very professionally produced...but when it comes to push cars on tracks, there are better driver-rewievers, with a lot of pro racing experience like Randy Pobst or Jason Plato that are less spectacular than Chris Harris but definitely more able to exploit cars limits.

6. aphidgod

aphidgod Alien

Not this again... didn't we already have a Chris Harris sucks/rules thread?

I don't give 3/5 of a s@&t either way, but it's tiresome to go through this every time someone mentions the guy.

Maxidyne, eSEA One, donShere and 7 others like this.
  7. Guido Trampe

Guido Trampe Simracer

Could be he is a little jealous?

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk

8. Definitely jealously.

nate likes this.
  9. ZethGAF

ZethGAF Simracer

I have an opinion about Chris Harris!

aphidgod and nate like this.
  10. martcerv

martcerv Alien

I better check that youtube channel of yours linked in your sig then to see a proper driver. :D

I think Chris Harris is a good driver and an entertaining car reviewer I cant say how bad the other Chris on top gear was but maybe if I do, ID NEED TO DO IT IN CAPITALS AS ALL HE CAN DO IS SHOUT.

Nobody ever said Chris Harris was the worlds greatest driver so saying he is over rated must be your own rating of him, compared to how you rate yourself. Sure there are other good car reviewers and lots of not so good ones, Chris Harris has got a good following because he is actually good to watch doing this and thats all. He clearly can drive too and has a good time doing it which comes out in his videos, Aris's video in the Aventador I think was very close to what Chris Harris does but please don't let that go too viral as we need him to stick to doing the physics.

Deleted member 18758 and Mogster like this.
  11. donShere

donShere Hardcore Simmer

@ around 5:10 Chris mentions the variable slip diff isn't quite as slick as the C63 or M3 and address it to the fact Alfa Romeo haven't done RWD for about 20 or 30 years. Whether that's true or exaggerated I don't know, but what I've heard in Schmee's video about this car is that Ferrari worked very closely with Alfa in building this car, so the inexperience excuse isn't valid if that's the case.

12. plaid

plaid Alien

Nice car. But I rather hope for the C63 in AC, cause: Sound.

Also the option to open the windows in streetcars. :D

13. ALB123

ALB123 Alien

Wow! What an impressive car. I can't wait to hear more about it and see how it does in terms of longevity. I'm not sure how I feel about the nose of the car. That whole front end - there is something about it that I can't put my finger on. At least it is unique. Very distinct. To be just a step behind an M3, according to Harris, is an impressive feat for sure. I hope it sells well.

I will always like Chris Harris for calling out Ferrari on their crap.

14. Poguinhas

Poguinhas Alien

I don't know why that's such a problem. Clarkson, Hammond and May are terrible drivers but I lik their reviews more than any other drivers'. And for real racing, yes, he may not be the best, but I really don't think he's the worst as well. As far as I'm concerned, I've never seen anyone calling him a driving god.

Tom 00 and ALB123 like this.
  15. ALB123

ALB123 Alien

Exactly. I actually found it rather strange that someone would comment on Chris Harris's driving skills when the car is supposed to be the focus here. Sounds to me like someone just really doesn't like C. Harris... That's fine, but why announce your opinion on how good of a driver a car reviewer is? :rolleyes: Should they only let Lewis Hamilton drive cars that are being reviewed? It's what he says that matters to me.