1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

New Tyre Model: consequence for driving?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by wm79, Aug 29, 2016.

1. wm79

wm79 Gamer

Hey guys, one of my favorite cars, the M3 GT2 also has the new tyre model now. What changes for my driving? Does it get more or less grip? My first impression was, that grip decreased as on some corners it feels like I have to break sooner (first corner Nürburgring for example).

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions Handling with new tyre model Feb 6, 2021
    ACC Physics Tyre model slip curves Dec 13, 2020
    ACC Blog ACC V1.6 improved tyre model and DHE 2020 compound! Nov 18, 2020
    ACC Physics Have there been any changes?(1.7, tyres model) Aug 20, 2019
    Chit Chat Room Petition to - AC tyre model upgraded Jul 23, 2019
    ACC Blog Introducing the 5 point tyre model for ACC! Jul 18, 2019
    Physics modding - Cars & Tyres Tyre model | DTM 2018 from UnitedRacingDesign Jan 24, 2019
    Console Lounge Tyre model version consoles Nov 12, 2017
    Physics modding - Cars & Tyres Help with modeling tyres :) Apr 28, 2017
    Physics modding - Cars & Tyres Best tyres for modeling muscle cars? Feb 1, 2017
    Programming Language - Apps - GUI Themes Tyre Slip for Tyre Model 10 not populating in the API Oct 3, 2016
    Physics Bugs & Issues Tire/tyre model is not realistic in sliding state (non grip state) Sep 21, 2016
    Physics modding - Cars & Tyres Tyre Model V10 Specs Sep 11, 2016
    Chit Chat Room Shouldn't there be some sort of punishment (tyre clipping through the model) Jun 23, 2016
    Physics Bugs & Issues Tyre Model V7 feels broken. May 18, 2016

3. The tires behave much the same as v7's with the exception of having a tad less grip when cold and squirming around a bit more under breaking. They also take longer to recover from overheating. The big difference IMO is the feel of the FFB being significantly lighter when the tires are cold and then getting progressively heavier and heavier as they get stickier.

I have no hard data to back up any of that statement though, it is all based on what I feel.

ShimonART and ANiMESoKAR like this.
  4. demetri

demetri Hardcore Simmer

There seems to be less lateral grip compared to V7. I'm 1.5s slower at Spa and about 1s slower at Monza with my top speeds being the same as they were before but exit speeds being somewhat lower. That can't be explained only by a bit earlier braking, so less lateral grip it is.
    Also it looks like new tyres heat up less than V7, which is very noticeable at Monza

5. Stereo

Stereo Alien

The big change as far as grip from 7 to 10 is in combined slip situations (cornering + accelerating/braking) I don't know offhand that it's lower, but it's a more accurate model apparently.

Deleted member 18758 likes this.
  6. wm79

wm79 Gamer

I drove 5 Laps of Nordschleife in the M3GT2 and the Z4GT3. The new tyre modell definitively feels like a "nerf" on the M3GT2. It had such a beautiful handling, while the Z4GT3 was fine, but with annoying understeer. The M3GT2 now feels more like the Z4GT3. Especially, its willingness to turn in degraded. Before tyre model 10, I had about 15-20 seconds between the cars on the Nordschleife (Endurance), now it is 5-10 seconds. Maybe tyre model 10 does not only adress cold tyre behaviour but as well overheated tyre behaviour, as tyres on the Z4 are mostly green, but mostly yellow or red on the M3GT2. Anyhow, the M3GT2 had a handling advantage which he utterly needed due to his low topspeed (many GT3 cars beat him there).

Probably, you will tell me now, that sometimes one has to adapt to changes. That's right. But it was such fun driving it, it was just perfect for me.

Last edited: Aug 30, 2016
  7. ANiMESoKAR

ANiMESoKAR Racer

This is the same for me. Went for a drive in the 458 GT2 on Nordschleife last night after updating to 1.8 and car felt very different during turn in and grip was lacking on corners compared to before.

I initially thought I had an issue with my Fanatec CSW2 FFB as it felt like it had a dead zone in the wheel during turn in. It's ok though if this is the new tyre model, I'll just have to adapt my driving.