1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

New VR user need help please

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by Wizzard 1969, May 30, 2018.

1. Wizzard 1969

Wizzard 1969 Gamer

Hi guys I’m trying the Samsung Odyssey and so far I think I’m going to love it. However in the distance itblike dances like these jaggy lines hard to explain. Also it’s so bright and in certain places it’s almost washed out where I can barely see the track. Can anyone tell me if it’s possible to fix this? My pc is gtx 1070 i5 6500 processor.

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    ACC Virtual Reality HP G2 User needs Help Jan 4, 2022
    ACC Audio Audio pops (need confirmation from other users) Jan 1, 2022
    ACC Troubleshooting Pit limiter doesn't work after 1.8.4 [User error - 1st gear needed for limiter] Nov 30, 2021
    Troubleshooting - Workarounds Need help setting up nvidia inspector (dk2 user) Apr 27, 2015
    Suggestions To play multiplayer need to login with steam username. Jan 2, 2015
    Troubleshooting - Workarounds Need an option to chance temp replay folder for ssd users Mar 20, 2014
    Graphics and Models/Tracks Bugs & Issues AMD VGA users, I need your help Nov 20, 2013
    ACC Troubleshooting Moving Game Files from One Drive to C:\Users\Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione Feb 19, 2024
    ACC Hardware Discussions Call to VR PICO headset users Nov 6, 2023
    ACC Troubleshooting Can't resume weekend from a Championship (é char in Windows username) Jan 3, 2023
    ACC Troubleshooting fatal error UE4-AC2 [userdocs inaccessible] Oct 11, 2022
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions Controller user Jun 10, 2022
    ACC Physics power loss on some servers [Stability Control enabled by user] Dec 30, 2021
    ACC Hardware Discussions Open question to Thrustmaster users Dec 12, 2021
    GUI - HUDs - Apps Bugs & Issues ACC User Interface Nov 29, 2021

3. boabmatic

boabmatic Hardcore Simmer

Do you have Post Processing enabled ? if so you need to rename the filter you want to use to default.ini as VR only uses that file even though the menu option is set to something else...
    https://www.assettocorsa.net/forum/i...er-selection-does-not-work-minor-issue.34560/

If you use the Natural Weather Mod there is VR filter included to help exposure levels.
    https://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/natural-graphics-mod.4551/updates

Also try this ... A filter that has effects turned off but still shows brake lights..
    https://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/pp-filter-for-oculus-rift-cv1.13651/

And one for Good Bad weather mod..
    http://www.racedepartment.com/threads/good-and-bad-weather.124080/page-16#post-2620448

Check this guide for other VR tips...
    https://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/assetto-corsa-vr-guide.19037/

Last edited: May 30, 2018
  4. colombianomd

colombianomd Racer

Are you using AC video setting for post processing effects? Try turning them on low at least to see if this helps with the contrast. A 1070 might not handle post processing if the car grid gets high...especially with the increase in VR resolution. What pixel density are you using?

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

5. Wizzard 1969

Wizzard 1969 Gamer

I’m not sure what pixel density I’m using and right now I only want to run one car in practice and hot laps. I’m sorry guys but this is like a foreign language to me I have no clue about any of this. I know there’s settings in ac but are there settings in steam I also have to use? I’m using the open vr running the Samsung Odyssey. Is there a super detailed guide for beginners ? Very new to pc been nothing but a console player but very much want to learn.

6. Wizzard 1969

Wizzard 1969 Gamer

Does anyone here have and use the Samsung galaxy ?

7. colombianomd

colombianomd Racer

Did you check out the last link (race department)...that's the guide. Ignore the Oculus lines for the most part since you are using open VR. It will explain pixel density and how to change it.

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

8. mms

mms Alien

I don't think Kunos will support that device ;)

But there's someone using the Odyssey, you might ask him about his settings:
    Just tried AC in VR

9. Wizzard 1969

Wizzard 1969 Gamer

Omg how dumb I meant odyssey Samsung wmr vr

10. Tundra

Tundra Hardcore Simmer

Thank you for sharing this, it´s a nice summary

11. Serge M

Serge M Alien

Can you not just fix the too bright issue by hitting the “page down” key on the keyboard several times until you are happy?

12. Wizzard 1969

Wizzard 1969 Gamer

I tried that but all that does is cycle through the tire change settings in the car.

13. Serge M

Serge M Alien

Really? It should be a brightness down key (page up is brightness up) check under controls to see what key brightness, could be called “exposure” is mapped to

14. Also if you're at the track? AFAIK it will not work in the car setup screen.

15. Wizzard 1969

Wizzard 1969 Gamer

What is AFAIK?

16. Rosko

Rosko Hardcore Simmer

brightness can be fixed easy by using one of the vr specific filters.

17. Wizzard 1969

Wizzard 1969 Gamer

guys other than in the game itself are there settings someplace else I need to adjust ?? Like in steam or in the windows mixed reality app ??

18. Just short for: As far as I know ;)