1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Newbie/ amateur back to pc's after 10years..3x monitors?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by rocafella1978, May 5, 2015.

1. Dear all, I am currently building my new PC for Racing Simulator primarily/ mainly and secondary FPS gaming (Arma3) and as work/ office computer.
    Now my question is, with a single Nvidia TITAN X that i have, can i run without any problems 3x (triple screen setup) with no issues at all? Could i run, i am just wondering and the only main reason holding me up, and can't get my head wrapped around, if i want to go with:

3x 1920x1080 (Full HD) G-Sync (like: Acer 27 " XB270H Abprz or Philips 27" 272G5DYEB) -or-

3x 2560x1440 (WQHD) G-Sync (like: Asus 27" ROG SWIFT PG278Q or 27" Acer XB270HU bprz) -or-

3x 3840 x 2160 (4K UHD) G-Sync (like: Acer 28" XB280HK bprz) --- but here i am really concerned abouttriple setup and my single (1x) Nvidia GTX Titan X being able to handle all 3x displays while playing a Racing Simulator Game or Flight Simulator Game, not to mention a FPS (First Person Shooter) game.

unless, I really think about adding another Nvidia GTX Titan X to run with/ in 2-WAY SLI Bridge.

this is my PC:
    • CORSAIR Graphite Series 730T Black Steel
    • CORSAIR AXi series AX1200i 1200W PLATINUM
    • ASUS RAMPAGE V EXTREME/U3.1 LGA 2011-v3 Intel X99 Extended ATX Motherboard
    • INTEL Core i7-5930K Haswell-E 3.5GHz BX80648I75930K Processor
    • NOCTUA NH-U12 S for Intel CPU Cooler
    • CORSAIR Dominator Platinum 32GB 288-Pin DDR4 3000 (PC4-24000) Model CMD32GX4M4B3000C15
    • Single NVIDIA GeForce GTX TITAN X 12GD5 12GB
    • SAMSUNG 850 PRO MZ-7KE512BW 2.5" 512GB SATA III SSD
    Thank you all for all your help in advance, any tips and suggestions are welcome, displays monitors and etc. thanks a million!

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    ACC Rating & Leaderboards From Pro to Amateur by joining in CP Server Jun 18, 2019
    Liveries F1 ferrari 248-bmw sauber f1 skin (amateurish) Oct 13, 2015
    Chit Chat Room Pro/Amateur Teams for league racing Dec 25, 2013

3. I would just get one of the first 2 options and Oculus Rift when the CV comes out.
    If you want to go all out with your setup, look for Gsync monitors.

rocafella1978 likes this.
  4. Horus

Horus Alien

The Titan X is more aligned to design/mechanical/architectural software than gaming. Obviously we would all go for the 4k setup as it is future proofing your monitors, OC (or similar) will be great for a run or two but I am waiting to see how comfortable it will be to play any extended time with the headset on. Personally I would buy a huge 21:9 monitor and maybe have a secondary touchscreen monitor for teamspeak/huds/realtime telemetry.

Good luck with your build it sounds spectacular.

5. Nobby76

Nobby76 Alien

A titan X should be able to handle all of this no problem what so ever.
    HEHE It is about as aligned for design,mechanical,architectural as any other "consumer" Nvidia gfx card. All of that kind of stuff use a fraction of the power of most gfx cards (hell i earn a living doing cg work and i have a Nvidia 760) and i still have room to spare on the card for playing videos or anything else i wish to display.
    Horus may be getting a little muddled and thinking Mechanical or architectural stuff requires a lot of power, it doesn't, so saying the most powerful consumer gfx card is designed more for that sort of thing is rather pointless.
    In fact comparing general design (even car design) to some thing like a fully featured assetto track, is nothing, An assetto track has way more detail than you will get in most car or building designs and uses way more resources, even if you are doing an animation using said car or building, as that renders on a per frame basis, while yes it can take several hours to render a single frame of that animation, it is nearly all calculated by the CPU not the GPU (unless you use something like OCTANE render which is a full GPU renderer) but at a base level mechanical or architectural design is not trying to be animated at 30/60/120 fps so it actually uses very little in the way of GPU
    It is designed for anything you can throw at it.. unless you need VERY specific card speeds (and thats when you buy a quadro, which do run at very specific speeds) but a general consumer card...... they are designed for all uses, not one specific job.. whether that be ANY kind of 3d design (or animation), games, VFX, all sorts. It also wipes the floor with a Titan Black and that can handle almost anything you throw at it.

So yeah, it should handle a few "computer games" just fine and dandy :) BTW Damn nice setup you have.

6. Horus

Horus Alien

You know how to browse the interweb, no need for me to link the links. I never said it was no good for gaming only that it is more suited to design work. Anyhow, good luck getting help.

7. MrGiggly

MrGiggly Racer

Doubt a single titanx will run 3 displays at 4k with frame rates you need to get the best out of ac.

Definitely the first 2 options though.

And the new titans are aimed squarely at gamers, especially with 4k starting to gain a foothold.

snyperal likes this.
  8. Horus

Horus Alien

Nope it won't and no it ain't. Not many gamers are willing to spend nearly £1000 on one GPU that is not that much faster than 7series, do not go by one benchmark and definitely not by reading material posted by the manufacturers. Anyhows, browse the browse, and type the type.

9. MrGiggly

MrGiggly Racer

Its high end enthusiast. Plenty of them out there with deep pockets.

Main selling point is its a single card solution with plenty of vram which, until dx12 is adopted will always be an issue for hd triple screen users relying on sli.

Some enthusiasts don't want the hassle that sli can bring or tinkering with oc'ing and would prefer to plug in and go.

Horus likes this.
  10. thank you so much Nobby76 for the compliment for my PC, have waited a looooong time to get this done!
    I want to have something my son and i can enjoy for long time to come with little upgrades (IT/ tech of course always upgrades) but with this rig maybe step by step over time.
    still running Win2K/ WinNT with Pentium 4 / 1.8GHz and upgraded loooong time ago to 768MB RAM. so now it is time to enjoy the relaxed time and payback for all the years in the sandpits and other pits around the world! and I am looking forward to it and can't wait to get my system going!!!

as for me, not deep pockets, spend over 10 years overseas in the sandpits, so this is my own gift to myself, raising my son, staying home dad and start up business. and want to have something my son, my brothers, father and father in law can all enjoy together! as you can see my last PC is(was) still an old horse! so it was time!

any help, suggestions and recommendations what triple setup to run would be appreciated. or maybe 3+ 1 setup, for timing/ lap times and etc. (this is seeing/ watching youtube videos seeing 3+1 setups)

Last edited by a moderator: May 7, 2015
    snyperal likes this.