1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Newbie to ac

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by daveluis, Aug 3, 2014.

1. daveluis

daveluis Rookie

Hello everyone. This is my first week driving in AC.
    I have had some experience obviously as a gamer playing racing games/simulations - from as far back as the first f1 game on playstation 1 up to present day.
    I sunk many hours into forza and gran turismo over the years,,, and then it comes to AC.
    Firstly the game is amazing, the physics, the graphics..everything is spot on....however i really really really suck at AC for some reason....sucking so bad that i cant even keep up with the AI on an easy setting!

Never in my life have i had such trouble just keeping the car on the road, let alone posting quick lap times.
    Now this may be perhaps due to AC car handling and physics...but it seems to be that the cars on AC are VERY twitchy using a game pad...i use a 360. ( I am planning on getting a steering wheel at some point, perhaps i may find the handing easier with it)

Am i alone in this? is AC that hard to control??
    is there a setting i can change in that will tone down the twitchiness of the steering a bit?

Also some feedback on the website for the developers.. many people are going to pick up this game thinking it looks awesome and just find it plain too hard..so they move onto something else..
    I feel that this website needs a driving tutorials section. Dev or user created videos on how to corner, where to brake, the general handling qualities of specific cars ETC.
    There is a million things you can help new players with, for instance I didn't even know about the in game apps until i just read about it in an unrelated post!
    In other words....PLEASE MORE HELP FOR NEWBS WE SUCK!!! IT WILL HELP YOUR PLAYER RETENTION!

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions help please for newbie, no throttle May 26, 2023
    Chit Chat Room Newbie Oct 27, 2022
    Chit Chat Room Newbie looking for guidance Jun 16, 2022
    ACC Virtual Reality PC newbie - advice please for VR Jun 11, 2022
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions How much would you recommend the game to a newbie? Oct 26, 2020
    ACC Troubleshooting A Newbie needs your help ._. Steering Wheel won't work Jul 4, 2020
    Troubleshooting - Workarounds A Newbie needs your help ._. Steering Wheel won't work Jul 2, 2020
    ACC General Discussions I'm newbie Feb 7, 2020
    General modding discussion Car Mod Newbie Help Oct 31, 2019
    Chit Chat Room Newbie question Oct 9, 2019
    ACC Virtual Reality VR NEWBIE HELP PLS Aug 11, 2019
    ACC General Discussions Easing newbies into ACC Jun 12, 2019
    ACC General Discussions Newbie Question: Starting the car in Pro Mode May 31, 2019
    ACC General Discussions Practising for newbies - the next level May 28, 2019
    ACC General Discussions VR newbie advice May 18, 2019

3. TheBoss

TheBoss Hardcore Simmer

It is a mistake to buy a simulator to play with a gamepad. Think about whether you could be driving a car fast in real life with a gamepad.

You have not played simulators above, GT5 and Forza are not pure simulators.
    iRacing, RF2, Live for speed, nkpro .. this is pure simulators.

4. daveluis

daveluis Rookie

This may be true. However i'm sure the DEVS intend this to played with either wheel or game pad. This is not only developed for one or the other.

5. TheBoss

TheBoss Hardcore Simmer

[​IMG]

the molded line can greatly help new pilots

6. TAM Spencer

TAM Spencer Simracer

The above is totaly true, in GT and forza you learn what the game wants you to do, if you drive as you should irl you lose, for example in the last GTacadamy fast guys were using the handbrake mid corner to rotate the car.
    In AC drive it as you would real life and you will get the times down.

7. vivd

vivd Racer

Welcome,I'd offer some words of wisdom,but I suck.and yeah get a wheel ASAP.

8. some1pl

some1pl Alien

Tell that to the guys who are posting lap times in the top 50 of RSR world records by using a gamepad. :)

Ahem. There is a sticky post right on top of this very forum, that descirbes apps and some little useful things.
    User created tutorial videos can be found on youtube, as always. Keep in mind that this is still an early access game, so some things could have changed or have been added since the tutorials were made.

Last edited: Aug 3, 2014
  9. TheBoss

TheBoss Hardcore Simmer

You may make a good lap, but can hardly run a race without incident. You have to be very precise in order to compete online.

Surely some people can drive well with gamepad, but most people will prove almost impossible.