1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory.
  2. FOR ASSETTO CORSA COMPETIZIONE: If you report issues with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder!
  3. If your game executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, then run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether.

Next Level Racing Motion Simulator Platform V3

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by Coanda, Feb 1, 2019.

1. Coanda

Coanda Alien

Has anyone used one and have some feedback?

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    ACC General Discussions Practising for newbies - the next level May 28, 2019
    ACC Controls & Peripherals Next Level Motion V3 May 1, 2019
    Chit Chat Room Opinions about the "Next Level Racing Wheel Stand" Dec 17, 2018
    ACC Controls & Peripherals Next level Racing V3 motion software update Sep 26, 2018
    ACC Troubleshooting Next Level 3 adjustment ACC Sep 14, 2018
    Chit Chat Room The next level of "Sim"-racing! ;-) Feb 20, 2018
    Chit Chat Room Next Level Motion Platform V3 Feb 17, 2018
    Screens & Videos Gtr24h next level - today live from kolding Oct 24, 2015
    ACC PS4 - XB1 General Discussions NextGen Patch for ACC and other Stuff !? Jan 2, 2021
    ACC PS4 - XB1 General Discussions ACC Game crash on Next Gen Consoles? Nov 22, 2020
    ACC Troubleshooting Crash game UE4-AC2 Fatal error when pressing next session [SOLVED - cpu/system temperature] Nov 10, 2020
    ACC Hardware Discussions Next upgrade? Oct 4, 2020
    Troubleshooting - Workarounds AC online waiting for player to join then it moves on to next session Oct 1, 2020
    ACC PS4 - XB1 General Discussions NEW PATCH NOTES UPDATE NEXT WEEK Sep 25, 2020
    ACC PS4 - XB1 General Discussions Any news when the next update will be? Aug 8, 2020

3. rikirk

rikirk Racer

I have one for the last 5 months and can't do without it. You find couple of threads if you head to racedepartment. Last development is a combo with actuators.

Coanda likes this.
  4. Coanda

Coanda Alien

All great feedback on RD. Happy days!

5. boabmatic

boabmatic Hardcore Simmer

Tried it once at a local VR racing place .. was really good but a bit weird as the wheel is stationary and only the chair moves.

Not tried any other motion rigs to compare it to tho.

Adds a lot to the immersion but I’m not sure if I’d want to use it all the time as it’s a bit intense if you are just wanting to chill out for a drive.

Andrew_WOT likes this.
  6. Coanda

Coanda Alien

@boabmatic - thanks for the feedback. All the videos i have seen suggest the default settings are way too harsh and should be dialed down.. Maybe that ws the same issue you had. How was the VR because I am also thinking VR over tripples?

7. boabmatic

boabmatic Hardcore Simmer

The motion was ok most of the time but I was there with non-sim racers so there was a bit of slamming each other into the barriers etc...where it was most noticeable that the wheel wasn't moving.

Not used triples before (picked up a second hand GTOmega Pro + 3 x 22inch monitors recently but not set them up yet) but not sure if it could compete with VR.

You do have the "resolution" downgrade with the Oculus compared to monitors plus I need to scale back the settings due to my GPU (RTX 2060 should arrive in a few days) but the immersion makes up for it, It just feels so natural when driving and its really is a big benefit when close racing as glancing out of the side windows as you try to overtake/defend into a corner allows you to judge if you are making or not in a way triples cant.

I didn't get much VR sickness like some people report , only had it the first few tries and mainly when reversing but now its fine.

There are lots of threads on here where people are debating triples and VR , but you really need to try it yourself to see what side you are on , coming from a single 24inch to VR it's a no brainer to choose VR , but from a good triple setup to VR may not be as easy but think I'd still lean to VR especially with the headsets getting better (pimax etc ).

Coanda likes this.
  8. Corny

Corny Rookie

Yeahh have try at Assetto Corsa and i have an vibritation during drive.At some places is the movement not the same like what the car do.I have not tested enought so i can not say if i have wrong sensation.