1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Nicki Thiim drives ACC

Discussion in 'ACC Screenshots & Videos' started by Oliver.Johann, Jan 15, 2020.

1. Felge Schneider

Felge Schneider Hardcore Simmer

I think itˋs his first video, where he is actually talking about real life vs sim.
    I always had the impression that he takes the sims simplys as games that you need to learn and now in ACC he can adapt more of his racing experience (he was quite fast at CN90).

It was also his most serious video and he was very precise about his impressions compared to his regular content.

GRFOCO likes this.
  2. GRFOCO

GRFOCO Alien

To me he is the same kind of guy who tried ACC some month ago, and his last stream still is in the same (imho, low) level.

In his first try he was driving, talking and creating a show like a clown. Yes, that's my opinion and i confirm that.

In yesterday's try for sure he was more focused on driving. But to me also yesterday's stream is very far from a serius try. I dont' care if he like iR or ACC or both or noone (fun fact,to me iR is super fun to drive almost as ACC), to me he was trying a simulator in a very superficial way, both on dry setting, and even more in wet setting without to know that ACC can simulate wet driving before, during and after used track.
    He just tried a prefixed wet condition and give his opinion with pro and cons without know that it was only one of the multiple conditions that we can have in ACC.

So, in the end to me nothing has changed about his stream (i don't talk about him).
    For me they are always... useless or superficial.

Last edited: Jan 16, 2020
    Tim Larsen and LATE4APEX like this.
  3. Felge Schneider

Felge Schneider Hardcore Simmer

I think, it's quite interesting, that he is not so familiar with the sim. It gives some feedback about the UX design. We here in the forum are sucking in any information from the devs and know quite a lot about the options, but not everyone does.

One example: in the setup screen he discovered the brake pads, but he couldn't tell, which number refers to which characteristic. In the info screen on the right, there would be plenty of room, to explain these options.

4. Captain Barracuda

Captain Barracuda Hardcore Simmer

I think it's more his petulance that rubs people the wrong way, not him liking/disliking something specifically.

5. Captain Barracuda

Yes this. And throughout he was receiving a lot of terrible/incorrect information from his stream chat, meaning that the gen ACC playing population also doesn't have an accurate grasp on what things do. This is an area Kunos could make improvements. Of course most of this could be avoided by the player just playing for a bit, practising stops, testing things, but it's clear from watching streamers and the questions we get from people in discord at the start and during league races that many players don't take a common sense approach to actually learning how things work before trying to do them. Hence Kunos needs to make it clearer.

lero, f.e.negroni, Kopiller and 3 others like this.
  6. m_i_k_

m_i_k_ Rookie

Me and some mates of my team are racing on ACC last months and my team Race4CAT is mainly focused on iRacing. iRacing is a simulator with many years of development, a huge infrastructure and an excellent product. You find oval, dirt, road, rallycross races, the best smooth racing online with a very good netcode in my oppinion, ACC improved that but still not as good as iRacing, the best online platform with a lot of splits and races every hour, more than 100.000 active users with most of the best simracers of the world and a lot of real drivers, the best lighting in graphics mainly in sharpness, an amazing new damage model and amazing dynamic track.....

But ACC although only offers at the moment GT3, the feeling of cars are wonderful. Yes, it's better than iRacing in a lot of aspects, and they're very important in my oppinion, like FFB that is superb and is that you feel while drives. Absolutely better tyre model, TC and ABS. In iRacing I use same setup in different conditions. For example, this weekend we will race on Daytona 24 hours and tire pressures will be always at minimum pressure, no problems with brakes, don't worry about TC setting, always the same, and one of the most important thing, don't worry about weather. For a lot of things I think that is more similar the feeling of driving a real race car in ACC than other simulators.

Of course, a lot of work to do in ACC. Not only in terms of content with more tracks and cars, hopefully different classes. But ACC is a young product and in one year they did a great work with development and fixing bugs. Maybe they don't want to make an online platform like iRacing but now CP servers are a good entry point, a simple ranking with results, manage your profile in a web and more... would be nice in the future. Improve a little bit in terms of netcode, improve and fixing Driver swap for endurance races, allow personal skins also help some teams to get into ACC, develop a better damage model, race starts with rules not with limited speed (like in iRacing)....

So, we got here a product with a huge potential and a good base, and we like a simracers are very happy to enjoy it.

Guidofoc, Madsen, Batch and 4 others like this.
  7. f.e.negroni

f.e.negroni Racer

iRacing is a proper 'eSports' tool, ACC is not quite there yet but getting there.
    iRacing's focus from the start was eSports, so 'fidelity' and 'reality' are lower priority to 'consistent repeatable results'.
    ACC's focus was the complete opposite.
    AC1 is proof that ACC can become an eSports competitor, given enough time and effort.

8. David Wright

David Wright Hardcore Simmer

I was interested in his comment on tyre pressures in psi. This really sticks out like a sore thumb when all the other setup parameters are metric. I assumed it must be what all the teams use even though with Pirelli being Italian you would expect the use of bar. But Nicki seemed to strongly imply they use bar.

EsxPaul and Felge Schneider like this.
  9. Si.

Si. Simracer

I can see why some don’t like him and I don’t think he gave ACC enough time/credit previously but for some reason he cracks me up. I don’t generally watch streamers, other than Aris :) and a small few but often laugh out loud watching Nicki, he must be doing something right, for some anyway :p.

10. [ATF]Shanti

[ATF]Shanti Simracer

When someone burps with proud at a stream I turn off, no matter who he is or what he has to say, my lifetime is too precious for behave like that...

Freddie Seng, LATE4APEX and Neawoulf like this.
  11. Tim Wilson

Tim Wilson Simracer

He could make even the Iceman blush!

12. SimGuy_1

SimGuy_1 Alien

Does his opinion matter?
    What choices do we have to drive gt3 cars in a game?
    RF2,iracing and ACC
    these are top sims IMO and after conducting my own research etc i end up with ACC so in the end it really doesn't matter. No matter what any of the drivers say whether it be nikki or david or anyone; From the given choices i will always go with ACC unless iracing gets one time purchase for offline then i got 2 games.
    rf2 is meh IMO.
    The only thing ACC needs in is paid online system like iracing with dedicated servers etc etc although i literally never cared about racing(especially MP) but this move will bring customers and hence more money for development.
    I'm just here to drive the cars.

13. Captain Barracuda

In Australia we are metric and use PSI for everything, so I'm happy how it is :cool:

14. f.e.negroni

f.e.negroni Racer

I use PSI I’d be happy with kPA (Bar) being an option but wouldn’t use it.

15. Captain Barracuda

Nah, it's time the world recognises psi is the best. No option to change it brings us one step closer to this

16. LATE4APEX

LATE4APEX Alien

Ah,... but the world doesn't deal in pounds or inches or Fahrenheit, or mph etc., anymore, even Australia,... :)

17. PLebre

PLebre Hardcore Simmer

I think there was not really a dry line there, one single car for couple of laps, don't believe so, and was not wet enough for the diving technique that he was talking.

"How did they get me helmet " lol, that was funny!

18. mr.urlauber

mr.urlauber Gamer

yet you are using a 23" (inches) monitor. If you have a car, what's the diameter of your wheels? Just saying, the world isn't black and white ;)

19. Captain Barracuda

Among other things we still measure in inches :cool:

20. LATE4APEX

LATE4APEX Alien

Last edited: Jan 17, 2020