1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Nicki Thiim takes the Porsche 911 cup car for a spin.. AC, Iracing and R3

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by snyperal, Mar 1, 2018.

1. snyperal

snyperal Simracer

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    ACC Screenshots & Videos Kudos to Kunos from Nicki Thiim (IRL GT3 driver) Jan 19, 2020
    ACC Screenshots & Videos Nicki Thiim drives ACC Jan 15, 2020
    ACC General Discussions Nicki Thiim compares the cars in ACC Jun 4, 2019
    ACC General Discussions Aston Martin | Nicki Thiim | Blancpain GT3 Test | Paul Richard | LIVE Mar 15, 2019
    General modding discussion GTE Cars in Nicki Thiim vid ? Jan 9, 2018
    Liveries Wip ellen lohr/kurt thiim amg-west evo2 Mar 19, 2015
    Liveries BMW E30 M3 Gr. A – Kurt Thiim – MK-Motorsport – DTM 1988 May 3, 2014

3. Tberg

Tberg Alien

Truth about iR tyremodel (love the expression around 22:10) :D

4. tabis

tabis Simracer

But he didnt know if ABS was on in AC :rolleyes:

5. noob

6. Znam Neznam

Znam Neznam Hardcore Simmer

In the end all 3 games are trying to reach the same goal and they're getting similar to each other which is very good to see.

Imo Racing drivers opinions are all over the place, one guy says x is better than y and another says y is better than x.

To me the most realistic comparison video racing driver could do is:

-Have same conditions for each track, the most recent track by each sim. Correct ffb, screen setup fov.
    -Control every variable so all 3 sims are on similar settings and than attempt to compare them.

Leonardo Ratafia likes this.
  7. And have a racing driver who is legit good at simracing. Nicki is decent, but not all of them are, at least not without seat time.

Kristaps, Znam Neznam and snyperal like this.
  8. Iracing fanboy :D

cerebralvortex likes this.
  9. kikie

kikie Simracer

So, @Lord Kunos there you have it! You and your team did a very good job. I hope his feedback is something to ponder about, for AC2? I love AC even more after seeing this video.

Is ACC actually AC2?

10. marcocale

marcocale Hardcore Simmer

We want Nicki Thiim involved in ACC early access! :D
    I follow his YouTube channel and, even if he is an iRacing fanboy :p :D, I find he is very qualified and fair also when speaking of sims. His videos are always interesting, both on real racing and sims.

Please Stefano, this summer drop him an ACC EA license as present! :p

Last edited: Mar 1, 2018
  11. Andrew_WOT

Andrew_WOT Alien

From youtube comments
    upload_2018-3-1_18-12-15.png

12. liakjim

liakjim Alien

He hasn't test it yet.

Στάλθηκε από το m2 note μου χρησιμοποιώντας Tapatalk

13. Orne

Orne Alien

BWAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHHAA. Shots fired ! HAHAHAHHAHA

Serge M, IgnacioKotas and snyperal like this.
  14. marcocale

marcocale Hardcore Simmer

Never say never..... :cool:
    From the comments on youtube:

[​IMG]

15. AccAkut

AccAkut Alien

as far as we know there is no definite single AC2 title, but a potential series of standalone titles instead. So, no.

16. marmagas

marmagas Gamer

Thiim must drive this!

mantasisg 2 likes this.
  17. jim jones

jim jones Simracer

The reason why a lot more racing drivers probably don't like to voice opinions is because we involve them in mud slinging .....Thats you firing shots and then passing the gun back and running away.

"So, @@Lord Kunos there you have it! You and your team did a very good job. I hope his feedback is something to ponder about, for AC2? I love AC even more after seeing this video.

Is ACC actually AC2?"

Wow!!!ACC is ACC. Take it for what it is ! Did kunos ever mention AC2?

nate likes this.
  18. Orne

Orne Alien

BWAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHA. Passing the gun? Running away ??? Did you drink hyperbole Kool Aid this morning ? :rolleyes:

FYI: I drive AC, AMS and iRacing regularly, lolz. Ohhhhhhhhhh arrows fired!! Now I'm passing bows, HAHAHA. Just having a laugh son !

15095241.jpg

19. Skybird

Skybird Alien

True, i have seen several different pro drivers in past months and over the last year or so, and sometimes they were qite contradictory in their statements - even those who youtubed privately and had no business relation with any of the studios.

One should take these things a bit more relaxed, imo, and focus on how one could have one's best fun, and with whatever a game. The one perfect game, trumping in all categories to be assessed, there is not. But there is not just one but several who actually make many things very right and good, and that is a luck for us all. It gives us the freedom to chose, and to take turns on games. Just one game, well, I recall the times of the GDR: and in the GDR, they only had the Trabant and the Wartburg. Westgermany maybe confused car buyers with the model diversity and many different colours - but they had it better, believe me. :D

20. ShredatorFIN

ShredatorFIN Alien

His final verdict (rating iRacing first) was surprising, after his comments during driving. He valued the track details and sound, but imo tyre model is pretty important too. And Cup car sound can be fixed with Fonsecker sound mod

Also, doesn't AC have this too that he talks about in RaceRoom? (Aero downforce becoming weaker when speed goes down, so tyres lock up easier under braking in low speeds?)

Ace Pumpkin and Andrew_WOT like this.
  21. unknwn

unknwn Alien

He also mentioned that Iracing was best with with trail braking (more natural), curb surfing and overall chassis feel/character of the car. The worst thing of Iracing (and of all three sims) that it feels like driving rain tires on dry which overheats as soon as you put load on them (which results in loose/slippery feel).

Regarding braking it could be just a default brake bias/pressure thing.

Last edited: Mar 2, 2018