1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Nissan GTR/Monza Hotlap Special Event

Discussion in 'ACC General Discussions' started by Echo_29, Mar 12, 2019.

1. Echo_29

Echo_29 Hardcore Simmer

Does anyone want to share any set up tips for this special event? I'm currently on a 1:47.8 which I think it pretty respectable, but I'm still over a second off the fastest time, seems crazy to think that since I felt I got the best out of the car/set up I'm using, is there any video of someone doing a 46?

My lap:

Son likes this.

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    ACC Graphics - Tracks and Cars Nissan GTR 2018 Rear light bug Feb 11, 2022
    Screens & Videos Street Drifting Crew At Yama Ga Tomaranai Mountain | Nissan Silvia S15 | Assetto Corsa Jul 25, 2021
    Screens & Videos Drifting Through Akagi Mountain On Autumn With a Nissan S14 Vertex Apr 24, 2021
    Screens & Videos Nissan GTR Drift on Slippery Nordschleife Jun 5, 2020
    ACC Graphics - Tracks and Cars [1.4.3] Nissan GTR Racelogic May 27, 2020
    ACC Physics Nissan GTR collision physics May 24, 2020
    ACC Troubleshooting special event nissan gtr May 14, 2020
    ACC Graphics - Tracks and Cars Nissan 2019 Endurance Livery Low Center Lights Apr 22, 2020
    ACC Physics Nissan GT-R turbo boost behaviour at Suzuka Mar 27, 2020
    ACC Graphics - Tracks and Cars Nissan GT-R Livery pattern deleted? Feb 13, 2020
    ACC Graphics - Tracks and Cars Nissan GT-R Nismo GT3 2015 : missing GT-R logo texture Jan 22, 2020
    ACC Graphics - Tracks and Cars Nissan GTR 2019 Skin Oct 28, 2019
    ACC Gameplay little default setup inconsistency on Nissan GT-R (2015) Aug 23, 2019
    ACC Physics Nissan GTR GT3 2015 spurious (unreasonable) vibration at 52-57 km/h Aug 16, 2019
    ACC General Discussions Audi R8 GT3 und Nissan GTR nicht mehr da Jun 5, 2019

3. f_deutsch

f_deutsch Hardcore Simmer

That is quiet a very good time. Smooth nice driving.

Here is when it would be super handy logging that lap data to Motec and share it.

4. I haven't worked on my setup yet, using the safe with the wing turned down to 0 for now.
    https://streamable.com/ijedf [​IMG]
    Still feel like I'm missing a lot of time in sector 2.

5. Echo_29

Echo_29 Hardcore Simmer

I dont have the data for that lap in the video, but I do have the motec data for a similar lap, 1:47.9, I would upload here but wont let me choose that file :/

6. f_deutsch

Probably you would have to zip it before uploading?

7. Echo_29

Echo_29 Hardcore Simmer

Yes you are right, feel free to take a look, I had a bit of oversteer/power slide coming out of parabolica so lost time there, rest of the lap was decent.

Attached Files:

f_deutsch and doamf like this.
  8. doamf

doamf Racer

Hi, thanks for sharing, but unless I miss something, the data (sector times) indicate a laptime of 1:27.236?

9. doamf

doamf Racer

My bad, I loaded it again (this time both files :)) and it shows 1.48.777
    Nice driving and thanks for sharing.

10. f_deutsch

Thank you very much, very very interesting.

First things. You carry way more speed through Vialone and Ascari. Also I see much more steering angle on my side on della Rogia, both Lesmons and a little bit on Parabolica, resulting in similar curves but more deep slower speed. Almost identical steering on Rettifilo, Vialone and Ascari.

Which steering wheel and config are you using and what steering ratio do you have on your setup? I either have something wrong on my setup/config or simply have a bad habit of steering too much on some places.

11. Chriss

Chriss Racer

Maybe as a hint to try for others, I was surprised that I was able to improve my lap time by 4 tenths to 1:47.695 just by shifting less - e.g. using 2nd gear in first chicane, keeping 4th gear in the lesmos and in Parabolica. Keeps the car much more stable under braking and turn in (at least for me and my setup).

Attached Files:

12. bgil66

bgil66 Alien

Even though under my name says 'Alien' however I aint one but I'm surrounded by many. Well done guys!

Chriss likes this.
  13. Echo_29

Echo_29 Hardcore Simmer

Yeah that was my first lap, then there is a slow lap, and then another fast lap, the final lap was my 47, check the list of laps times, that data isn't for just one lap

14. I gave that a shot tonight (I also tried being more aggressive with my steering inputs). Could for sure feel the improvement through and out of parabolica, however I'm still trying to figure out how to adjust my line and braking points through the lesmos as I need to keep a higher average speed through them if using 4th gear. For the first one I figured I'd try a later apex to get my corner exit lined up sooner and it works rather well... But I'm still lost as to how to take the second lesmo.
    I used to brake around 55 metres and try get on the gas as soon as possible, the only problem was either the curb would spin me out, or I'd run out of space on corner exit (and waiting to get on the gas later would feel like wasted time). I noticed how much time I was losing between braking and corner apex, so I moved my braking point up to just past the 50 metre board and am trying to cut the curbing as much as I safely can. Depending on how lucky I get with the curb, it can work well... But I feel I could still do better and more consistent.

I used the default Aggressive preset, it's already pretty fast so I don't know what I'd do to improve on it.
    Here's the lap time I was able to put together: [​IMG] And video: https://streamable.com/zywfb

15. Chriss

Chriss Racer

@Hexadecimator very interesting findings and thanks for sharing. Looking at the video I think you can easily gain 4-5 more tenth in 1st chicane and out of the second Lesmo. For me, it works well to not touch the inner curb but to exit the second Lesmo really on the left outside of the curb, nearly touching the grass.

For those who are interested, here's some small tweaks I made to agressive setup, that work well for me and may or may not work for others. If somebody has some tips & tricks how to further improve the setup for Monza, highly appreciated.

20190314211605_1.jpg 20190314211548_1.jpg 20190314211553_1.jpg 20190314211602_1.jpg

cobrettee, Echo_29 and Hexadecimator like this.
  16. As for the first chicane, I was surprised I didn't ruin my lap by touching the curb, if anything made it quicker. I wasn't able to best my entrance and exit of the first chicane over the next tens of laps I put in, so I feel I've found all the time I can there. I'll set up my wheel and get back to experimenting with the second lesmo, I still need to work out my braking point but aside from that I have an idea of how much curb to take. (About braking points in this car, since it's front engined, in theory it should be better to brake early and get on the gas early to help shift the weight back and rotate through the corner better. But it's hard to confidently get on the gas before the apex of a short and quick corner...)
    Another place I lost time on that lap was the ascari chicane, I decided to take a cleaner line than usual through there so I wouldn't throw away the lap. I'm still trying to work out my throttle application through, otherwise it's fine.

And thanks for the setup, I'll mess around with it and other settings a bit as well.

17. @Chriss Alright that went well, my fastest lap wasn't perfect or too much faster but it at least put me into the top 100 on the time leaderboard.
    I followed your suggestions and setup, managed to pull off a 1:48.039 despite being slower than some of my earlier laps through a few corners. Taking the low line out of parabolica gains me more time than I lose with the short run up to the line. The setup worked pretty well, for some reason the aero balance was .3 higher on my end compared to yours, but that wasn't hard to work around (meant the car was a little less stable on corner entry).
    Video: https://streamable.com/6s0zr

Still need to figure out ascari otherwise I'm pretty confident.

18. Oblit0r

Oblit0r Alien

1:47.673

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

19. nimp

nimp Racer

Did a 1:47.022, while I was trying to create a nice setup. Setup is not finished. Didn't touch too much aside from the dampers from the aggressive base. There is time to find on the other setup pages, but dampers are very impactful and I was trying to get a handle on them here, since we don't have too much info about them.
    For anyone trying to adjust dampers, I found they transition really early from slow to fast damping, so the fast damper settings have quite some impact on driverinputs and not just bumps/kerbs, which is both a curse and a blessing I guess.

Anyway some general stuff:
    - straighten out the car accelerating out of chicane one, grabbing 2nd on the apex helps with traction, avoid bump on the right side just when the exit curb ends
    - if you feel lucky, there is some time in throwing it over the first sausage in chicane 2, but it's a gamble. on exit same story as above. try to avoid TC get the car straight, if you run on the curb, go all the way on the green stuff with the left tires. dont accelerate on the red/white rumble
    - lesmo 1 carrying as much speed as possible is key. don't brake too hard and unsettle car. easing of the brakes very slowly helps. don't accel on the rumblestrip
    - lesmo 2 I found it quicker for me to not take too much inside curbing. rather get on the power early. on exit either take it save and put 2 tires left of the rumble or risk putting all 4 on the astro. don't keep the tires on the rumblestrip
    - ascari lots of curb on first apex. half throttle and grab 4th and floor it at the apex of the righthander. aim to just keep the 2 right wheels on the black stuff for the last apex and track out really wide to avoid the rumblestrip once again
    - parabolica. similar to lesmo 1, easing of the brakes helps to keep apex speed high. if a bit late on power, just keep it tight to the finish line, no need to track all the way out to the curb

Replay:
    https://streamable.com/2cj4q
    Sorry, no pedal inputs, wasn't recording live, since I was just doing setup work.

The setup is not really finished, but maybe someone likes it better than the presets.

Attached Files:

20. MakeMeLaugh

MakeMeLaugh Simracer

Everytime I try to break at the 150 mark on T1 I overshot it. No idea how you guys do it.

21. nimp

nimp Racer

Lower brake bias at least slightly. I run 58.6.
    Also prioritize getting on the brake really fast. Just stomp on it as hard and fast as possible. Every fraction of a second not on full brakeforce at the start of the brakingzone is meters lost.
    I run modded T3PAs with a really stiff brake spring and only use half the pedal throw usually and I still added some deadzone in the ACC settings on top (about 25%), to make sure I max out brake force quick enough.