1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Nissan Skyline - the car from hell

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by Christopher Low, Aug 14, 2016.

1. Can someone please explain to me how the Nissan Skyline is supposed to turn through corners? The steering wheel appears to be ornamental rather than functional :confused:

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    Screens & Videos Nissan Skyline R34 Drift Workshop Drifting on Bihoku Highland and Magione Oct 7, 2017
    Troubleshooting - Workarounds Nissan skyline downshift protection May 12, 2017
    Suggestions The Nissan Skyline R34 Jan 3, 2017
    XBox One Discussions The Nissan Skyline GT-R V-Spec Oct 12, 2016
    Graphics and Models/Tracks Bugs & Issues nissan_skyline_r34 template doesn't fit Jun 17, 2016
    3D car models Nissan Skyline KPGC110 Jan 31, 2016
    3D car models Nissan skyline pgc10 "hakosuka" Aug 13, 2015
    3D car models Nissan Skyline GT-R (R34) V-Spec - Official Content Apr 19, 2015
    Screens & Videos Video nissan skyline gt-r34 jgtc Feb 25, 2015
    3D car models [wip] nissan skyline r32 gt-r Oct 25, 2014
    Liveries Assetto corsa: upgrade system (nissan skyline r34) Sep 8, 2014
    Chit Chat Room Nissan skyline Aug 1, 2014
    3D car models Nissan skyline r32 Jul 20, 2014
    3D car models [wip] nissan skyline r33 gt-r Jul 13, 2014
    3D car models Nissan skyline c-10 gtr Jul 9, 2014

3. martcerv

martcerv Alien

You dont turn it so much with the steering wheel more with weight shift and getting it rotating on entry, then use throttle to balance it out and also power out on entry. Being an AWD car you dont want to shift down too late and cause any compression lockups on entry as this will also likely lock the fronts a touch causing more understeer. A bit of trail braking on entry but dont come in too hot as the key to pace out of it is keeping it balanced on entry slightly loose is ideal and then using the AWD advantages especially out of slow corners, its far from the fastest car mid corner or in a straight line but can get a good lap time as it will get better traction out of all slow to medium speed corners.

The outside front tyre may get cooked so need to watch temps and pressure of this and if your coming in too hot into corners it will just cause more understeer overloading the outside front overheating it more and making it understeer even more to the same corner next lap.

Ace Pumpkin and Christopher Low like this.
  4. flyingpig

flyingpig Hardcore Simmer

Definitely turns much better under braking. Heavy braking turns the front in really nicely, and trail them off as you go through, then happily put the foot down for joyful corner exiting.

Christopher Low likes this.
  5. I think I am starting to understand the car after a practice session at Brands Hatch Indy. I try to avoid stepping out the rear to any great extent in most of the cars that I drive, but it seems like the Skyline actively wants you to do it! It seems to be remarkably stable through corners when driving it like this, and so much more enjoyable. Thanks for the tips, guys :cool: Of course, the real test will come when I race it online....

Ace Pumpkin likes this.
  6. arthur666

arthur666 Alien

I found that in low speed turns, the car actually turns better with a little extra throttle. Very counter intuitive compared to other AWD cars like the old Audi Quattro.

7. djtopa

djtopa Hardcore Simmer

Me too I think it drives great but different to any other car in AC also a lot different then GT-R.I throw it into corner and with little throttle drive thro it and then full throttle a lot sooner then any car.You have to try it more and see its special;) shame we dont have version with more power...

arthur666 likes this.
  8. Nao

Nao Alien

That's 4 wheel steering in a nutshell.
    You have to be mindful of the other guy sitting in the back with his own steering wheel. He's might be annoying at low speeds, but shuts up when you go fast.

edit: oh yeah and there is this freak sitting below you pedaling away on your driveshaft as Arch mentions.

This whole circus reacts to steering so you sometimes want to steer more than it seems sensible to get them to work.

Last edited: Aug 14, 2016
    Ace Pumpkin likes this.
  9. Arch

Arch Alien

The ATTESA in the R32, 33, 34 and 35 actually increases rear torque with more slip angle.

Of course, this is up to a point and different versions, especially the ET-S PRO changes how it behaves, but generally, you do want to slide a bit.

arthur666 and ZethGAF like this.