1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

No more stuttering setting triple monitors (at least for me)

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by enzocarbone, Dec 18, 2013.

1. enzocarbone

enzocarbone Gamer

I found that setting "triple monitor" in the graphic option, leaving all the other options as they were, I have no more stuttering and the game are finally smooth as butter.

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    ACC Troubleshooting Stuttering and black screens Apr 9, 2023
    ACC Gameplay AI stuttering/jittering during replay Aug 27, 2022
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions Image stuttering after update 1.7.13.0 Jul 10, 2022
    ACC Troubleshooting changed screens , now I have huge Game Stuttering Jun 18, 2022
    ACC Troubleshooting Intermittent stuttering with loads of headroom Apr 9, 2022
    ACC Troubleshooting Stuttering in MP and Replay | FFB issues Dec 1, 2021
    ACC Troubleshooting Stuttering/FPS Drop - Simucube 2 Pro [resolved by TD update] Nov 26, 2021
    Troubleshooting - Workarounds Stuttering in assetto corsa Aug 24, 2021
    ACC Troubleshooting FPS drop / stuttering only during sunset Feb 16, 2021
    ACC Troubleshooting ACC recently started stuttering in video - high end PC Feb 12, 2021
    ACC Troubleshooting Massive stuttering since Hotfix Nov 20, 2020
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions No Stuttering in Replay Jun 28, 2020
    ACC Troubleshooting Public Beat (Build ID 5184192): Stuttering Jun 26, 2020
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions Stuttering graphics Jun 25, 2020
    Troubleshooting - Workarounds Stuttering - My case Jun 4, 2020

3. Saiyan Prince

Saiyan Prince Rookie

Problem is that if you actually run eyefinity like I do, it ruins the field of view.

4. Tberg

Tberg Alien

It does not, set it up and it is fine.

Sendt fra min GT-I9300 med Tapatalk

5. baristabrian

baristabrian Gamer

I experienced the exact same thing. I run 2 GTX680's SLI with triple screens in Nvidia surround. Selecting "single monitor" in the game options give me the proper FOV but when I try selecting "triple monitor" the FOV is horrible to the point of being undrivable. Also felt like the steering sensitivity was weird but that might have been a result of the weird POV. I also noticed about a 30FPS drop in performance when selecting the "triple screen" option. So it is looking like those using Nvidia surround with triple screens are better off selecting "single screen" in the game options.

paulieGTR likes this.
  6. WallyM

WallyM Alien

But then you get no angle/bezel correction, right? Is that trade-off worth it?

7. baristabrian

baristabrian Gamer

Yes you still get to do the bezel correction in your Nvidia control panel when you set up your Nvidia surround. Not sure how it works with ATI infinity, but Id bet it is very similar. Incidently I find the same is true with rFactor 1 and 2. You take aabout a 30-40 FPS hit by using the games triple setting over just using the Nvidia surround. Plus I prefer the FOV anyway.

8. Tberg

Tberg Alien

You must realize, that the FOV is adjustable with the ingame triple app to the point where it's really good.
    And, no matter what lowers your fps, it will mess with the ffb. It's not to blame the triplescreen render, search the forum, all this has been up including workarounds.
    Thanks

9. paulieGTR

paulieGTR Alien

snip...
    +1. :)

I have triples here and also use the "single monitor" setting from within the options.
    This gives me the ability to setup the onboard camera settings they way i want, or to put it another way, the way i like to see the view ahead and around me while racing.

The trouble is, with the "triple monitor" setting from within the options, i just can't seem to get the view set up right, or the way i like it.
    No matter what settings i go through, i can't get the view to look as good as my own preferences selecting single monitor and onboard settings. :)

10. Saiyan Prince

Saiyan Prince Rookie

How do I set it up, selecting triple screen locks the FOV control and is not able to be adjusted, I manually adjusted before setting triple screen but the view is still completely borked.

And, can you run motion blur with single screen selected on a triple screen setup? I appear to be able to, at a cost of about 10fps. Don't find that it adds much to the game experience anyway so I have turned it off, I want my extra ten FPS....

11. baristabrian

baristabrian Gamer

That's right! I forgot to mention that is another benefit of selecting single screen even if your running triples. You can then enable motion blur. I actually did like the effect, but not enough to give up the FPS that it cost. Maybe when the game is more optimized I will be able to run with motion blur.

12. Saiyan Prince

Saiyan Prince Rookie

I like the effect as well truthfully but it does need optimization badly, the cost of ten fps is not huge perse, but a drop from 50 fps from 60 solid is enough to remind you that your on a simulator, rather than tricking the senses into believing your racing for real. I hope there will be further improvements to the engine as well. Oh btw, I use TrackIR and Motion blur also does not play so nicely with that, has the feeling of input lag.

13. Tberg

Tberg Alien

Use the triplescreen app, it's been up many times here. When in the car, mouse over to the far right of the right screen, apps pop up here, open the triple-app, there you go. Also read through some suggested setups here.