1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

No planned sound updates - short-sighted ?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by Tony74, Feb 3, 2015.

1. Tony74

Tony74 Racer

AFAIK Kunos have said they don't plan to improve current car sounds any further, and intend to focus only on the new cars in the upcoming DLC.
    Is it only me, or does this seem a bit short-sighted ?
    The main simulator is the primary product which people will purchase - and if they're impressed they'll recommend to others. The DLC won't be experienced by the majority of AC customers (although it would be great if otherwise).
    The original sounds were called 'placeholders' and sure, many of these were 'updated', but this update was nothing massively significant. The sounds haven't suddenly become impressive.
    I'd assume most people expected further updates over time.
    I've installed several mod cars with unbelievably immersive sounds - so good that I even felt for a moment recently that I was no longer playing a sim on a PC. Since modders are capable of getting so much more from ACs sound engine, it seems obvious that this allows the opportunity to make the product more attractive overall to many more potential customers.

I don't think I'm alone in being someone who appreciates the sounds of sportscars as one of the primary attractions. It doesn't even matter sometimes if it handles like crap - if it sounds awesome then I'll drive it for lap after lap with a huge grin & my speakers turned all the way up to 11.

(edit - nevermind then - the example sounded better while actually driving the Ford GT)
    The fact remains - Kunos shouldn't just rely on modders or the DLC to impress prospective buyers.

Last edited: Feb 3, 2015

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    ACC Multiplayer Unplanned multiplayer server outage Mar 13, 2024
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions Keyboard support planned? Jun 23, 2020
    ACC Online Leagues / Championships room Geplante Driver Swap Rennen. Interessiert? // Planned Driver Swap Races. Interested? Feb 25, 2020
    ACC General Discussions is there a planned damage model? Mar 5, 2019
    ACC Graphics - Tracks and Cars DLSS planned? Sep 21, 2018
    Chit Chat Room Any further enhancements planned? Aug 15, 2017
    Suggestions Non-laser scanned official tracks planned? May 13, 2017
    PlayStation 4 Discussions Are there any planned updates / fixes on PS4? Nov 30, 2016
    Chit Chat Room Another update planned for 1.3 ? Oct 24, 2015
    Chit Chat Room Planned development? May 17, 2014
    Suggestions [Might already be planned]More achievements as game gets more content Jan 13, 2014
    Chit Chat Room Leaderboard challenge planned? Jan 4, 2014
    General modding discussion Is the M1 Procar planned? Dec 19, 2013
    Troubleshooting - Workarounds Sound reverb everywhere AC Mar 16, 2024
    ACC Audio Jaguar G3 - Engine Sound issue Feb 25, 2024

3. Eugor

Eugor Hardcore Simmer

If they really wanted to improve the sounds they would have to go out and get the car and then record new samples. If the samples you start with aren't great no amount if tinkering is really going to make them much better. A lot of people thought FMOD would magically make the sounds better, but that's not the case. The sounds of that Ford GT are just taken from Forza as is the model. Turn 10 has a massive budget compared to Kunos. I would personally prefer a better model, and have one of the great sound modders improve the base sounds. You can pretty much find improved sounds for every original AC car, and a lot of them have been integrated as the official sounds.

TDS, TCLF and nate like this.
  4. WallyM

WallyM Alien

I would really like to hear reverb as you pass roadside structures - buildings, bridges etc. That is super-immersive. The historic lotus at the old Spa in RF2 sounds brilliant, as you pass the buildings.

baboon, nate, Deranger and 1 other person like this.
  5. This is a video on board a 458. This is what the car should sound like.

Right now the sound in AC just seems so mono, not to mention lacking dynamics. They could do a lot better in sounds for sure.

I hope they sort out this Fmod problem soon, it'll be fantastic when they have reverb working in AC!

6. Epocx

Epocx Alien

We all want the Dreampack DLC as quick as possible. Sure some old sounds are not as good, but.... we all want the Dreampack DLC as quick as possible so its hard to complain too much about it at the moment.

7. The Ford in the OP sounds horrific....barely even like a car to be honest.....bad samples, badly mixed, bad everything.

PAKFA and Fairbanks like this.
  8. poet

poet Hardcore Simmer

Who cares?
    People will buy the DLC, and a week later we'll be on to teasers for the next DLC.

demonized likes this.
  9. martcerv

martcerv Alien

Pretty sure when they said no plans for sound updates that was relating to the engine not the actual cars sounds, I also think the ford in the first video sounds terrible.

nate likes this.
  10. Ben Lee

Ben Lee Alien

I think there are some cars in AC that could do with some more work on the sound front, but then again, things have improved so much since its first iteration. One thing I miss are the various pops and bangs which im pretty sure were in AC before the switch to FMOD, and they are still not in the game (pops when downshifting, upshifting etc).

7he4Ce likes this.
  11. mistery

mistery Hardcore Simmer

I think you meant to write this for the Forza forums... :)

12. TomTrick

TomTrick Gamer

I think all the "meat" in the sound, at least in cockpit, have gone since FMOD :(.
    Even the iRacing Spec Racer Ford sounds beefier than the AC Cobra in AC.

7he4Ce and Tony74 like this.
  13. ears1991

ears1991 Alien

pretty sure luca said on twitter or similar there was no reason why certain cars wouldnt be improved in the future, game has only been out for a couple of months, there are still issues with the fmod core that luca's time is better spent on than the samples themselves (sounds (lol) like they may be fixed for 1.1 though)

14. PAKFA

PAKFA Alien

1. That Ford GT sounds are very bad. Very bad. You could have given a much better example, like this one or this one.
    2. Kunos is busy now with the DLC and 1.1.
    3. Kunos is expecting for sound modders to step up and make good sound mods to replace the mediocre ones from vanilla. And as everyone can see sound modders do come now and then with good sound mods. If they are great and no legal issues are involved Kunos buys them and integrates them into the game officially, as it already happened.
    4. They make no promises about doing better sounds themselves, that is both a plus and a minus.

Do I think they should do more about the sounds themselves? Yes, definitely.
    Does that change their minds? No, not even a bit. I believe they can't do much more than what they did till now, because they are to small of a company, still...

So what I see in the near-mid future is that this game will progress half by Kunos efforts and half by modders efforts.
    What the outcome of that will be? I don't know. We will see how this sim fares 1-2 years for now, let's say.

Hm, this post looks a lot like those made by Kunos dandelions groupies, wth is wrong with me? I actually kind of defending Kunos here... must be the end of the world.:eek:

7he4Ce likes this.
  15. Jos_theboss

Jos_theboss Hardcore Simmer

gtr2, a 2006 game:

16. 4yrton Senn4

4yrton Senn4 Simracer

From Assetto Corsa Facebook page regarding 1.1 update !:
    "reverberation and environmental sounds have been added or optimized, improving the overall driving and replay experience. "

Douglas Dejos, WallyM and PAKFA like this.
  17. WallyM

WallyM Alien

Oooh, now I'm excited!

18. 4yrton Senn4

4yrton Senn4 Simracer

I knew you'd be :D

WallyM likes this.