1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

AS DESIGNED No reverb on all cars

Discussion in 'Bug reports' started by TobySanford77, Feb 14, 2017.

1. TobySanford77

TobySanford77 Rookie

As far as I can tell, cars on PS4 either don't have reverb effects applied or have the effects significantly dampened. Cars on PC also appear to be significantly louder when viewing replays from external cameras.

PS4:

PC:

paul_wev and ZX636 like this.

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    Troubleshooting - Workarounds Sound reverb everywhere AC Mar 16, 2024
    Controllers and Peripherals Bugs & Issues HP Reverb G2 Camera Position Bug Jan 12, 2024
    ACC Virtual Reality HP reverb g2 Jun 18, 2023
    ACC Virtual Reality [ACC] [VR] [OpenXR] [OpenComposite] High-clarity settings for HP Reverb G2 on Nvidia RTX3080 Nov 12, 2022
    ACC Virtual Reality Reverb g2 v2 !! advice Aug 6, 2022
    ACC Troubleshooting HP Reverb G2 - UE4-AC2 Game has crashed: Fatal error May 8, 2022
    Screens & Videos HP Reverb G2 - VR Guide to get 90fps with amazing crystal clear graphics Mar 11, 2022
    ACC Virtual Reality 1.8.10 - HP Reverb G2 Settings summary Jan 24, 2022
    ACC Virtual Reality Reverb G2 settings help please Jan 10, 2022
    ACC Virtual Reality Reverb G2 interfering with Logitech G29 Wheel Jan 10, 2022
    ACC Virtual Reality VR clarity with Reverb G2 @ 60Hz - it is possible Nov 28, 2021
    ACC Virtual Reality HP Reverb G2 + RX 6800 XT - Flickering ingame Mar 29, 2021
    ACC Virtual Reality Reverb G2 + Ryzen 5800X + AMD RX6800 Mar 11, 2021
    ACC Virtual Reality Impossible to play VR with a 6900XT and HP Reverb G2 Feb 28, 2021
    ACC Virtual Reality Oculus Rift S vs Reverb G2 Jan 22, 2021

3. AC Support

AC Support Official Support Staff Member KS Dev Team

Reverbs on console are disabled for some compatibility issues.

TobySanford77 likes this.
  4. ZX636

ZX636 Hardcore Simmer

Does this have any kind of side-effect on engine/turbo/etc. noises other people are describing here? https://www.assettocorsa.net/forum/index.php?threads/sound-issues.43099/
    By the way, thank you for your attention. It's extremely appreciated to see developers here. Keep up the good work!

paul_wev and TobySanford77 like this.
  5. AC Support

No, reverb it is not related.

ZX636 and TobySanford77 like this.
  6. TobySanford77

TobySanford77 Rookie

Was not aware it was as designed, my apologies, thank you for informing me however :)

7. AC Support

Well, "as designed" but you can read also as "known issue" in this case.

8. pippo10

pippo10 Hardcore Simmer

Hmm, I'm becoming less and less impressed with this generation of consoles.

9. jo_siffert

jo_siffert Racer

Hmm, would a switch to another game help?

PS: Sorry for wildering in the console section

:)

10. pippo10

pippo10 Hardcore Simmer

No, it's not the game im not impressed with. Don't know, maybe it's ACs engine and PS4 that has compatibility issues? Either way this gen is pushing me away from next gen to PC.

P.S haven't tried it recently but a couple updates ago there was reverb on the straight on Nurb GP. (PS4)

Reinart86 likes this.
  11. Photonmonkey

Photonmonkey Racer

I think they added the Reverb affects in on one of the updates and then took them out, I have to say I didn't see a problem with the reverb effects but some people complained about it saying it was distorting the sound or just plain wrong (or something to that affect). I have not heard any reverb effects in the game for some time on PS4.

pippo10 likes this.
  12. Just an FYI, since I spend a shamefully large amount of time editing AC videos, I've noticed that this changes drastically based on which camera view you are using. I don't quite remember which one sounds best but I think it's TV2 that sounds rich and full, then you switch camera views to say...TV1, or Static, and it sounds like you just unplugged my theater system and switched my TV speakers into Mono mode. Needless to say, I use the best sounding camera for my YouTube footage.

pippo10 likes this.