1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory.
  2. FOR ASSETTO CORSA COMPETIZIONE: If you report issues with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder!
  3. If your game executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, then run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether.

Nord for beginners

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by RuaOnze, Apr 25, 2017.

1. RuaOnze

RuaOnze Gamer

Is it possible to divide Nords into 3 parts? And timing the same is done in Trento Bondone?

The goal is to learn by Nords parties, since I hardly get alive in the end. I do not think I'll ever be able to learn his track.

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    Online Leagues / Championships room NORDSCHLEIFE ASSETTO FAN CLUB Aug 8, 2019
    Screens & Videos Nordschleife - shimmering trees Jun 11, 2019
    XBox One Discussions Using KERS at Nordschliefe Apr 7, 2019
    Screens & Videos A day at Nordschleife with "Simulators World" & Friends Jan 30, 2019
    Online Leagues / Championships room THE WINTER HELL GPL Mod - 1H RACE @ NORDSCHLEIFE - 19 DEC 2018 Dec 17, 2018
    Chit Chat Room Nordschleife track works Dec 2, 2018
    Chit Chat Room AC helped me with my first driving experience on Nordschleife Aug 9, 2018
    Chit Chat Room How/where to contact server admins? (Apex Touristenfahrten Nordschleife) Jul 22, 2018
    ACC General Discussions Nordschleife: is it at all possible? Jul 6, 2018
    Suggestions Nordschleife new pit Jul 1, 2018
    Console Lounge New Nordschleife Track Record Jun 29, 2018
    Chit Chat Room Driver61 Nürburgring Nordschleife Circuit Guide (by Nürburgring 24h race winner) Apr 10, 2018
    Screens & Videos Drifting the whole lap of Nurburgring Nordschleife Jan 23, 2018
    PlayStation 4 Discussions Nordschleife 0.001s lap times. Jan 16, 2018
    Troubleshooting - Workarounds ACS crashed at the end of the lap in Nordschielfe Jan 7, 2018

3. aphidgod

aphidgod Alien

Turn damage off and just keep going if you stuff it, that's really the only way. Trust me, it only takes time. But it does take time.

Kristaps and Tberg like this.
  4. martcerv

martcerv Alien

It will still take you just as long to learn the track, I think the best way to learn is just start out slow and avoid crashing. No point trying to push for fast laps until you at least know the line you intend to run the entire lap, turning off damage and keep going will be the best way to learn I think. How would you learn the track if you went and did a run in your real car? I think you would just get around and build up speed as you get more familiar with it, the traditional sim method of going too fast and crashing is more a time waster then anything else.

If you cant complete a lap staying on the track then there is no point going so fast you will lose control in sections, dont abuse the kerbs and early laps try keep wheels off them as much as possible. There are only a couple sections where you will use a kerb as your regular intended line nearly everywhere else touching one is a mistake.

mtz.enjoi and Tberg like this.
  5. Berniyh

Berniyh Alien

6. LeSunTzu

LeSunTzu Alien

The Nords is like the dentist. Visit only when you have to. ^^

And when you have to, you can mentally split it in 2 parts to learn it: hohenrain to ex-mühle, relax until the carrusel, then carrusel to döttinger, relax until tiergarten, repeat.

Last edited: Apr 25, 2017
    fr13del and chksix like this.
  7. LeSunTzu

LeSunTzu Alien

(sorry for the double post but I can no longer edit)

And what aphidgod said is key to learn any track, not only the Nords: resist the temptation to quit, always finish laps, empty the fuel tank.

For further motivation, there is this story about Gilles Villeneuve spinning his car multiple times during his first practice session with a F1 Ferrari. At the end of the session journalists asked him if he was ok and he replied that he spun a lot but never in the same place as he was looking for the limits of the car. So when you crash, you can tell yourself: "I'm as fine as Villeneuve, I was just looking for the limits, let's move on to the next corner".;)