1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

REPORTED! Nordschleife impossible. The test session never ends

Discussion in 'Bug reports' started by LucaBenj, Oct 26, 2016.

1. LucaBenj

LucaBenj Racer

Last night, I took part in an online session at Nordshleife, where the qualifying session lasted for over two hours. Please set your servers in a better manner. In my opinion, if the qualifying session ends, then it must end for all. The voting arrangements to Nordshleife circuit is not the most suitable. I apologize for my bad English.

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions Nordschleife Mar 14, 2024
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions Nordschleife is coming! Nov 5, 2023
    Chit Chat Room Blacklisted from chris32.de | Nordschleife Touristenfahrt Apr 14, 2022
    Chit Chat Room Blacklisted from chris32.de | Nordschleife Touristenfahrt Mar 25, 2022
    Online Leagues / Championships room **Nordschleife New Years Party 9th January!** Dec 25, 2021
    ACC General Discussions Circuit de la Sarthe & Nürburgring Nordschleife Nov 22, 2021
    Online Leagues / Championships room OTCR Time Attack @ Nordschleife Oct 16, 2021
    Chit Chat Room Blacklisted from chris32.de | Nordschleife Touristenfahrt Oct 10, 2021
    Screens & Videos Sabine Schmitz Tribute at Nordschleife Mar 19, 2021
    Online Leagues / Championships room Olympus Racing Introduce 2.4 hours of Nordschleife GT3 Maddnes! 14th March! Feb 27, 2021
    Chit Chat Room Is there a fix for Nordschleife AI? Feb 20, 2021
    Troubleshooting - Workarounds Nordschleife Tourist Bugs Report Feb 19, 2021
    Chit Chat Room Blacklisted from chris32.de | Nordschleife Touristenfahrt | Realistic Trackday Feb 10, 2021
    Bug reports Nordschleife Tourist parking lot - wrong direction penalty Jan 12, 2021
    ACC General Discussions Nordschleife in ACC? Nov 10, 2020

3. SlimCharles

SlimCharles Alien

Absolutely. Nordschleife qualifying should be change. In all qualyfing the race doesnt start until someone make a time. In nordschleife due it is very long and so dificult many people crash...

A good idea should be to leave 5 mins after finishing qualyfing and the start, no matter if there isnt any time.

4. LucaBenj

LucaBenj Racer

SlimCharles, you say to leave 5 mins after finishing? No, when the qualifying session expire, then we must start to the race. Ac is a simulator? Ok, then AC have to behave like the reality.

I apologize for my bad English

5. HecticZA

HecticZA Racer

In that case we should then only be allowed to race the following day.

AC is a game. It can try to simulate cars on tracks, but it is game. It can be bought at any shop that sells games. It can be played on a console with a game pad.

It is a game. It even says so on the cover of my game's box.

Sent from my SM-N910C using Tapatalk

6. SlimCharles

SlimCharles Alien

As a matter of fact, real races let drivers to finish their laps.

The thing is this current system must be change. Maybe the best way would be to let some time to finish the lap. That time could be related to the part of the track you have to go. And that time could be 107% the best lap (like in F1).

So, even when the first make a time of 10 minutes (extremely slow time for a GT3 in nordschleife endurance), you only have to wait 11 minutes and 6 seconds to begin the race when the time of qualifying gets to 0.

7. pippo10

pippo10 Hardcore Simmer

Before entering the room check the qualifying time alotted, the ones with ridiculous amount of time are not for racing but simply for trying to set the fasted lap.

Johnnypenso likes this.
  8. LucaBenj

LucaBenj Racer

Ieri sera è stato quasi surreale: poco meno di due ore prima della partenza, dalla fine delle qualifiche. Questo è dipeso dal fatto che entravano sempre nuovi piloti a qualifiche terminate. Quelli che invece erano in stanza continuavano a votare per saltare la sessione e passare quindi alla gara. Ma se non si raggiunge in 50% dei voti favorevoli, il voto non passa. L'ingresso di nuovi piloti a qualifiche terminate motivati a fare il loro tempo riduceva la probabilità di skippare la sessione. Questo non ha senso!

Inoltre viene data la possibilità di fare entrare nuovi giocatori poco prima della partenza e questi ultimi possono partire prima del via del semaforo. Se questi giocatori non sono onesti, possono anche venirti addosso e rovinare la partenza di tutti prima del semaforo verde.

Last night, almost two hours before starting. Meanwhile pilots going in and coming out pilots

9. bradleyland

bradleyland Hardcore Simmer

That's actually a bug. When you see a crazy amount of time remaining (over 99,999 minutes) for qualifying, the qualifying session is actually over. The server is simply waiting on someone to finish a lap. I'm not 100% certain how it works, but there is some system for allowing racers to complete their current qualifying lap when the timer expires. On Nordschleife and Nordschleife Endurance servers, this can result in the server getting "hung up" between qualifying and racing.

If I get in to one of these servers early enough, I will try to set my qualifying time (which takes about 15 minutes, because of the out-lap), and then time it so that I can run a casual lap, and cross the finish line around the time when the timer expires. For example, I will leave the pits for a casual lap with 8 minutes remaining, and take my time, being sure not to crash. This way, I can drive across the finish line after the qualifying session is over, which will usually trigger the race.

In any case, it is frustrating to be in a server where other racers won't vote to skip the session. I often wonder if they simply don't know how to vote, if they are trolling, or if they are just plain stubborn.

10. bradleyland

I have also seen this. It's very frustrating to watch someone wreck the entire grid after waiting such a long time for qualifying to end.

LucaBenj likes this.
  11. MasterGT

MasterGT Gamer

The problem is also related to qualifying being finished but the server still lets new drivers get into the lobby. That should never happen. Once qualifying is over, it's over. Don't let anyone else in.

New drivers continue the delay. If you communicate as a group, you can start kicking out the newcomers. Then the drivers who are still out on the course have a better chance of triggering the start of the race. The start is triggered when one driver crosses the finishline, so make sure you finish your lap and don't keep going back to the pits for more setting adjustments. That only causes more delay.

12. DAVEY-D

DAVEY-D Rookie

Ahh right, thanks for the advice. I too have been getting frustrated waiting for the race to start;)

13. martcerv

martcerv Alien

If people cant finish a lap in qualifying what is the point of racing if nobody can even finish a lap lol.

14. bradleyland

That's not quite it. I've been in lobbies where everyone but one person has qualified, and the server is still hung up. I'm not sure I've ever seen it happen when everyone has qualified, but I'm not sure I've ever seen everyone qualify... ever. LOL

15. MasterGT

MasterGT Gamer

Hmmm, I can't confirm that. I have entered late and not finished a qualifying lap but the race started.

I wish someone from 505 would fully explain how it really works rather than us trying to reverse engineer it.

TX Executioner and Matt White like this.
  16. Brainspasm

Brainspasm Gamer

in my eyes all the quali sessions are useless. make a random shuffle start after 10min practice and done.
    who needs a quali on tha ring? nobody :)

if we had a TEXT CHAT, the people could communicate with each other... vote next session ect.. but there is no way to communicate, so one or 2 guys vote and all other just driving arround and dont care if the race start or not.

this endless long quali **** kills the game

Last edited: May 15, 2017
  17. Just joined a lobby where the q clock had already run down to zero and 45 minutes later the race still hadn't started. Over half the cars had set a time and countless votes to skip session were unsuccessful to get the race going. Does anyone know what conditions have to be met to start a race without a vote? Why not just put a 2 minute countdown for an automatic race start after the q clock expires? It's not a perfect solution but at least we could get the race going so everybody but the top three could go ahead and rage quit.

18. antonpaco

antonpaco Rookie

I don't understand what is the problem, the qualifyng can be 10/15 minutes in all circuits, when time is over the race start.

19. pippo10

pippo10 Hardcore Simmer

You have to set qualify limit when creating a server, I believe this is how it works. If you set it to 10% then when the qualify time ends, you have 10% of the the average lap times to finish your lap. So if someone sets it to 100% on the nurb you can see why the race never starts as few if anyone puts in a valid lap. Worst still is you have brainless muppets who don't vote to skip and you have no way to insult them.

Host must be given complete control of the server.

Not quite.

TX Executioner likes this.
  20. jc1186

jc1186 Gamer

It sure does kill the game!

Yet no reply from Kunos.

Surprise surprise!

My last 4 or 5 races on The Ring has been endless qualifying sessions and I know for a fact a few I us recorded times.

The Best track in the game and we can't even race on it.

And regarding voting, yep, ppl don't know how to or what button it is. That is clear. Kunos should have put chat it, with a "vote yes" and "vote no" option too.

So many damn bugs in this game that absolutely kill it.

So much time invested in nailing the physics (thank you!!!!!) but so little time invested in quality control and getting the minor/basic "game breaking" things right.

So unfortunate.

Kunos most of the time we can't even race on the Ring.

Are you listening?

Hello?

Anybody?

Nope no one. 12 months to get custom lobbies up, yet they couldn't even fixed the other fundamental problems they've had since day 1 on console.

21. pippo10

pippo10 Hardcore Simmer

If people don't know how to vote or what button it is then they are extremely dopey people. You see bit of to skip repeatedly pop up, maybe every session you join a lobby, and you don't ask yourself "how do I vote"? Maybe if I press options it will reveal itself, oh look I can view controls from here.

This infuriates me online how stupid people are. They are either stupid or just arseholes. I don't for one second believe they don't know how to vote or can't work it out.

This is why room creator must have complete control. Last night on Highlands short in qualifying this guy had the fastest time and someone voted to kick him. So I watched him to see why he was voted to kick, on the 2nd to last corner he was wall riding which kept giving him the fastest lap. So I voted to kick him too but idiots can't take a hint. In the end between an hour in practice and qualifying I just had enough and quit before the race started.

I would certainly like to be able to make clear in lobby details what I will not tolerate in my rooms as we have no chat. I'm on a hotlap and people come out of the pits and don't get out of the way and ruin my lap. This happens repeatedly where inconsiderate players have no etiquette. I'd like them to know before they enter my room no shenanigans will be tolerated and I will kick them asap. If I had that control of course.

P.s august to may is not 12 months lol.