1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Nordschleife: is it at all possible? - Spoiler alert: no

Discussion in 'ACC General Discussions' started by Poguinhas, Jul 6, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. martcerv

martcerv Alien

What is possimpible though. :p

2. dodge33cymru

dodge33cymru Simracer

I'd hoped initially they'd be able to include different track variants, and to squeeze the Nordschleife in as a Nurburgring variant.

Thinking about it though, it wouldn't make much sense from the SRO's perspective to allow this as it would inevitably detract from their own centrepiece Spa. So I don't expect it. Track variants for Paul Ricard, Barcelona and Silverstone would be great.

Mogster and Son like this.
  3. any any

any any Gamer

Hi,
    I've picked out the thread on Nordschleife. For me in AC was the greatest fun with an old Porsche or with the GT3 cars on the Norschleife to drive. In the 24H race the GT3 cars are always clearly in focus.
    For me, the Nordschleife was always a purchase argument. I would certainly pay 20-30 euros for the Nordschleife. That may sound exaggerated for one or the other. But no other track has driven me so much and no other track is as impressive as the Nordschleife.
    Anyone who owns and rides AC with the DreamPack 1 knows that you have the data for the great track in the drawer. Since you've released the McLaren 720s, I think it's possible that you have your account published that does not need to be directly related to the Blancpain series.
    I am sure that people would freak out with joy if you announce the porting of the Norschleife from AC to ACC.
    I know it means a lot of work for you, but you do not do it for nothing! You make your paying fan community super mega happy!
    Me and I think many others would even z.b. Pay for the track via Steam before it's released, if that's a financial issue.

Thank you very much!!!!

kickers2k1, Redoxs, Guidofoc and 2 others like this.
  4. Captain Barracuda

Captain Barracuda Hardcore Simmer

Love your passion but the 720s is present in Intercontinental GT which is coming soon and in Blancpain Asia. Nords isn't a track in any SRO series which is why it's not going to happen unless this changes. Marco point blank said it's not happening in an interview so I don't think there's any hope unfortunately. On a positive note us Australians are getting Bathurst, which is sort of "our" Nords :D

any any likes this.
  5. Madsen

Madsen Hardcore Simmer

Always these Nordschleife posts ... :p
    If only the people would drive a Nürburgring GP race 20 minutes to the end.

I doubt that in an online race on the Nordschleife more than 5 out of 30 finish. (At a 20 minute race)

Nordschleife is a beautiful track, that is out of the question ...

But in the end, very few drivers make 2 laps in a row without an accident.

Especially when people scream for "rain and night" I always have to smile. Because the reality on the servers looks like this:

Rain - "No thanks I prefer to drive in the dry, with optimal weather conditions and grip conditions"

Night - "way too dark because I can not detect any braking points"

Rain and night - three times you can guess :p

(Translated with Google translator)

SlowLarry, Son, Freddie Seng and 3 others like this.
  6. I like driving in the rain and in the night. ;)

Son and Alistair McKinley like this.
  7. sissydriver

sissydriver Alien

Kunos has surprised us so often. Just wait and see :)

any any likes this.
  8. Captain Barracuda

Not in this case, no Nords bro

romandevision likes this.
  9. romandevision

romandevision Simracer

Most of them consider themselves pro-driver and half of the race can not pass, so I agree completely.

Almost every time I start with 25th place and end with 1 to 10. I suppose that on N-Ring it would be 1-5. :confused:

Freddie Seng and Madsen like this.
  10. manu68

manu68 Gamer

I will love the nordschleife on ACC, but we have it with SOL on AC.

Sorry, i have to let you and go training for this evening race @ racedepartment

11. sissydriver

sissydriver Alien

Certainly not as the next step. But the ACC engine will break out of the SRO biotope. The medium term. That's why I'm completely relaxed. We will experience the Nordschleife in ACC quality. Not so soon, but it will come. At the latest when ACC2 or AC2 or whatever is the next step of Kunos the modder will catch up. Maybe only in 2021 or what do I know;)
    (is google translate understandable? i fear its a bit.... emm.... strange....:confused:)

12. Serge M

Serge M Alien

I would love the Nordschliefe as much as the next guy if not more BUT it needs to make sense. ACC is all about being focused, the track alone thrown in randomly wouldn’t fit.

For the ring your choice are basically VLN or the ADAC Total 24 hour. Don’t see either happening for a long time sadly, too many random cars in both of those and nothing to do with SRO.

AC is a DIY race simulator, kind of do what you want sort of thing.

ACC gives you a proper racing series to run. Feels a lot closer to a proper motorsport event

13. any any

any any Gamer

The Nordschleife is a special circuit, I drive there every year several times. I've been myself as a companion. It's just amazing to drive this route and experience it. Personally, I do not need more. Nice is that again and again the fleet is kept up to date.
    The Nordschleife would be celebrated by all FANs.
    AC is installed on my PC for only 2 reasons, because of the Nordschleife and because of the old cars.

Dear Dev Team,
    if you release the Nordschleife in ACC, you will still be loyal as a GT3 racing sim!
    Given the fact that the Blancpain series loses its name in 2020, one could think again about the direction of ACC :).

sissydriver likes this.
  14. Turk

Turk Alien

I don't think the Blancpain sponsorship will affect Kunos plans. It looks to me like they have signed up to a contract to do SRO based content. Which gives them access to some great tracks and series, they have a lot more SRO content that they could provide.

Unfortunately SRO don't race at Nordschleife so I don't see how they can give us that particular track, while the current contract is active. There is a lot of new and unique tracks with SRO though. At this point I'm happy enough to get tracks I've never raced before.

But clearly there's a market for Assetto Corsa Nordschleife simulator.

15. any any

any any Gamer

A Assetto Corsa VLN Nordschleife Simulator....????

------O-M-G------
    :):):):):):):):):):):)
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

!!!!THAT WOULD BE GREAT!!!!!!

Last edited: Nov 20, 2019
    ignission, Mogster and Turk like this.
  16. Seven Smiles

Seven Smiles Gamer

rF2: Your dream come true!

17. Dobermann92

Dobermann92 Racer

You forgot one thing: The massive amount of hours needed to make it in ACC from a laserscan and other data, which would take away manpower from other content, like Blancpain GT Asia and America, which are SRO licenced series.

18. any any

any any Gamer

So RF2 certainly has its right to exist. But the eyes and the ears like to go along. RF2 is for me a game that has become mercilessly old. And not on the good white like a 2D Super Nintendo game, but more like Gran Tourismo 1 (now somewhat exaggerated.)
    If it was just racing, I could stay with AC.
    ACC is the quality king in terms of physics, graphics and sound.
    A Nordschleife with this attention to detail would be absolutely amazing!

No one demands that it appear tomorrow. It would be nice to have a letter of intent. Kunos has shown in Facebook in the past how they measured the Nordschleife. Would be a pity if this data would rot now :)

19. Captain Barracuda

I don't demand it ever, in fact I don't really enjoy impractically long tracks. A few years ago Nordschleife was a great inclusion in sims, however now it kinda feels a little done to death, especially given how much hype devs place around their launch of the track. Really if you think about it, Kunos is being far more progressive here by not including it ;)

20. Epistolarius

Epistolarius Alien

The Nordschleife isn't "impractically long", nor is it "done to death"...

It's just a really good and iconic track, whether you like it personally or not.

hristo1026 likes this.