1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Nordschleife: is it at all possible? - Spoiler alert: no

Discussion in 'ACC General Discussions' started by Poguinhas, Jul 6, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mr.Mugel

Mr.Mugel Alien

As much as I like the track, public MP racing on Nordschleife is Monza but every corner is T1. Add Multiclass to that mayhem is perfect.

Would be incredible to see it working but I guess the community drivers are a severe limiting factor here.

(Not saying I´m a perfect driver there myself, in AC I am pretty sure I have crashed into every bit of Armco there is)

sissydriver and romandevision like this.
  2. D.Jankovic

D.Jankovic Alien

Lucky that's not name of my mother in law. :D:D

any any likes this.
  3. any any

any any Gamer

So if I drive online in Assette Corsa Classic, then I really only drive Nordschleife. And I almost do not care what kind of car is offered. I like to drive cars with a manual gearbox.
    And when I see how often the servers are full, I hardly believe that they are empty in ACC.
    The Nordschleife is and remains the greatest racetrack of all. For comparison with z.b. Le Mans ... I fall asleep while driving, which is just too boring for me.
    I really hope that the Nordschleife comes at some point. Or for my part in a separate game ... I would definitely buy :)
    [​IMG]

4. Racert46

Racert46 Simracer

AC Inferno Verde.

Your Nordschleife Simulator.

Turk, any any and Karsten Beoulve like this.
  5. Karsten Beoulve

Karsten Beoulve Simracer

This is a testament to the low level of drivers on pc. We had regular endurance races and multiclass on PlayStation.

When i switched to pc i expected drivers to be more serious, careful and dedicated, not just "faster"... pc casuls are more casul than PlayStation ones?

6. any any

any any Gamer

but it's true :p

7. Felge Schneider

Felge Schneider Hardcore Simmer

The official VLN Series Game. With 1 Track.

grandepunto, Racert46 and any any like this.
  8. any any

any any Gamer

There may be only one route, but you can drive them under different settings.
    Would be great if it really like the VLN Mod for RF (I think) could also drive over 100 cars, including real driver change to z.b. Run 24 hours, etc. to drive. So I think that there is a lot of air up there.

9. Jawsers

Jawsers Rookie

What?

Does nobody here watch BGT, or World Challenge Asia. 720s raced a full season in both, I believe.

10. all these discussions are useless guys.
    The simulation is called
    "Assetto Corsa Competizione: the official Blancpain GT Series game".

Which means an "Assetto Corsa track pack", featuring Mugello, Red Bull Ring, Imola, Vallelunga, Nordschlife, Trento-Bondone, is possible.

But let's remember they are pushing hard on bringing us other ITGT tracks, and they are still working on optimization and design overall.

Aris also said he wants to improve damage system.

We should also remember one of the biggest limits are collisions.

So wait, wait, wait, wait, wait, wait, wait.

I understand you would love to run in AC tracks, but let them do their job.

Who knows what will come in the future, far or near...

11. for the 720s, it's obvious Mclaren planned to have at least one team running their car in 2019... And that's why they at least modeled it.
    Then it did not join the run. But they still had the model.
    And that's it!
    But you cannot associate any other idea to that, to justify other desires. lol.

12. Felge Schneider

Felge Schneider Hardcore Simmer

I don't think, anybody ist trying to force Kunos to include the Nordschleife. We're just dreaming a little bit, which is ok in my opinion. I guess, the devs do so either.

13. pazzi008

pazzi008 Racer

I just can't understand why this thread is still open o_O

14. plaid

plaid Alien

No. That doesn't necessarly mean anything. There are games that have a series name in the title and provide various other series and content. Its up to the dev and the demands of other companies involved.

Anyway, the part on the hill on Bathurst is kinda like a mini nordschleife for me, so thats something. But I worry if the AI can handle backmarkers well in endurance races in that area. Totally different thing compared to anything with a decent run off zones.

15. Son

Son Hardcore Simmer

I think the AI will just need to follow back markers through that section , as that is often what happens in real life too

Mogster likes this.
  16. plaid

plaid Alien

Dunno, I saw the highlights of two races and in the downhill part, nevermind uphill, they were overtaking cars.
    Anyway, it could be another endurance race. I guess the one that will come for ACC is without slower classes like Elises and Touring Cars, that makes it allready faaaaar less problematic.

Talking about it: I still don't think the Nordschleife is that great without multiclass and huge grids (50 is still relatively small) anyway.
    In the meantime RFactor 2 supports all of that.

Last edited: Dec 1, 2019
  17. any any

any any Gamer

Everyone knows that RF2 can do that. But this is not RF2 but ACC.
    For me, RF2 and its technology is simply obsolete. If you do not need eye-candy, the divine sound and this great FFB from ACC, you are welcome to access RF2.

18. Turk

Turk Alien

It keeps nordschleifers contained to one area of the forum. It's like leaving a jar of sugar water out for wasps.

19. any any

any any Gamer

You mean, this forum would otherwise not have so many users? Well ... the Nordschleife is a unique track. Yes I know that almost every one of them is unique, but at least they miss it now. The race track Monaco, or Hockheimring.

Nordschleife is TOP NOTCH!

20. pazzi008

pazzi008 Racer

I did not think of that, thanks for enlightening me hahaha