1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Nordschleife: is it at all possible? - Spoiler alert: no

Discussion in 'ACC General Discussions' started by Poguinhas, Jul 6, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Serge M

Serge M Alien

Why do you think there would be that big a difference? If we assume AC’s physics are very close to reality (and I think they come very close) then there can’t really be that much difference

2. Alistair McKinley

Alistair McKinley Hardcore Simmer

I have to agree with Serge M. I think AC already has very good physics.

Furthermore:
    It will not be difficult to "go back" because I'll be driving street cars on the Nordschleife Tourist with AI (or online) until another game will offer me that experience. :)
    Sure, ACC will be an insta-buy for me but AC will have its place even though it might feel different from ACC.

3. hristo1026

hristo1026 Racer

I think that in the physics of the Assetto Corsa has a lot of room for improvement and if it is done with ACC at least for me it will be difficult to go back to the old physics.

4. Skybird

Skybird Alien

Snoopy...!? Snoopy in demand! Snoooo-Peeeee...!!! King and fatherland are calling you up once again!

I still recall the day when he released the first verison of his mod, with the trees all being white or green rectangles. Within 24 hours, those already were replaced with trees. Was that - heck, 2014 already...?!

Unlikely Kunos will do the track any time soon, if ever. Modders, however - that is so,methign different. We need to wait for their verdict how mod-friendly or unfiendly ACC actually is. Kunos said they do not officially support modding in this new title. So whatever there will be that needs to be found out - modders will have to find out all by themselves.

5. Andrew_WOT

Andrew_WOT Alien

Based on posted before information I don't think this is the case. It's just an evolution of AC engine, I expect incremental improvements but nothing drastic.
    And when we say "a lot of room for improvement", what does that mean. V10 tires are already as good as it gets as far as driving feeling and force feedback goes. Yeah, it could use some tweaks here and there, but I wouldn't call it "a lot". What is so fundamentally broken in AC physics in your opinion?

6. Skybird

Skybird Alien

I remember that some years ago I read a news saying that a British or American tourist women in some I think Northafrican hotel sued her tour operator for the beach beeing too sandy.

7. hristo1026

hristo1026 Racer

If that was the case the Kunos team can sit down relax and copy/paste the physics in every game for the future that they plan to release,but still no one has invented the perfect physics which recreates exactly the real world.(this is true for other games too)
    The above + home computers are still slow, not powerful enough.
    Who said broken?not me.

8. magzire

magzire Alien

Well if it was done in rf2, i see no reason not to see it pop up somewhere on the webs

9. martcerv

martcerv Alien

Except its not really the beginning of a career its usualy the old retired and nearly retarded rich pukers, well after any career doing such events. :D

Lawndart likes this.
  10. Vibe Style

Vibe Style Racer

I thought it would be a fun way to put Nordschleife in the ACC. Just a joke...

11. kosmo1982

kosmo1982 Gamer

well no nords no buy from me, simple :)

Bolibompa likes this.
  12. Serge M

Serge M Alien

That’s just such a weird thing to say...
    Like saying I won’t buy an F1 sim if the Nordschleife isn’t in it, or I won’t buy a NASCAR sim if it doesn’t have Nordschleife, or a V8SC sim if it doesn’t have Nordschleife.
    It’s like it’s a marketing blackmail created by the people who own the rights to the Nordschleife, buy nothing if our track isn’t in it!

13. kosmo1982

kosmo1982 Gamer

well, its just my opinion. all i do AC is hotlapping nordschleife. But im sure it will get modded into it, or even be in the simulation made by Kunos one day so i dont worry too much

14. Mike1304

Mike1304 Alien

Now that I experienced the wonderful tracks in ACC (even tracks I didn’t like in the past like Paul Ricard or Hungaro Ring) I would really love to drive the Nordschleife in ACC, although I know it’s unlikely to happen. Kunos would get my money once again...

15. Ace Pumpkin

Ace Pumpkin Alien

We can only hope for a VLN DLC down the line, but since this is an independent race series, not related to SRO I don’t have high hopes.
    Sadly. :(

16. Son

Son Hardcore Simmer

I think it's incredibly unlikely we would get a VLN series, as the only thing in common with SRO and VLN are the GT3 cars. I'd imagine we're more likely to get Blancpain Asia, Blancpain America, Blancpain Sports Club and IGTC.

17. Poguinhas

Poguinhas Alien

I don't even think Kunos knows if they'll try to do the Nordschleife or not. They've said many times that for now their focus is in recreating the 2018 and 2019 seasons of the Blancpain GT series, and after that they don't know where they'll go yet. As far as I know ACC isn't contractually tied to the SRO, so I think the Nordschleife has a 50% chance of happening.

Lawndart likes this.
  18. Fernandito

Fernandito Racer

not sure if serious

On a serious note.., the nords is the track everybody wants in a game like this, but chances are high it won't be coming this time.

I see GT3 running around the nords too anyway. Ain't that blancpain?

19. Ace Pumpkin

Ace Pumpkin Alien

You know what?
    Stephano hates Nords, so what’s the chances he will do it again?
    ;)

D.Jankovic likes this.
  20. Fernandito

Fernandito Racer

That doesn't compute as even loggial thinkin'