1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Nurburgring before 1970...

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by Warlock, Dec 14, 2017.

1. Warlock

Warlock Hardcore Simmer

Just wondering, how much would it take to recreate old Nurburgring? By old I mean Nordschleife, Sudschleife and Bettonschleife... the one that was really scary, without bankings etc.

And how many of you would like to see it?

Here is only Bettonschleife and Nordschleife, looks amazing:

And the Sudschleife:

Cheers...

Last edited: Dec 14, 2017
    vegaguy 5555, AC_RAF, Tomcul and 3 others like this.

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    ACC Graphics - Tracks and Cars Nürburgring wrong placed signs before NGK chicane Feb 9, 2020
    ACC Graphics - Tracks and Cars Strange terrain texture after the Schumacher-S on the new 24h Nürburgring layout Apr 4, 2024
    ACC Rating & Leaderboards Driver Profile / Stats / Track / 24H Nürburgring Apr 3, 2024
    News and Announcements Assetto Corsa Competizione v1.10.0 update and Nürburgring 24hr DLC are OUT NOW! Apr 3, 2024
    Bug reports Statistics-Bug in 24H Nürburgring Apr 2, 2024
    ACC Troubleshooting Broadcasting API is missing track data for the Nürburgring Apr 1, 2024
    ACC Online Leagues / Championships room [ACC][PC][GT3] ACRL 6h Nurburgring | 6th May Apr 25, 2023
    Screens & Videos Peel P50 at the Nurburgring Nords Mar 5, 2022
    ACC Online Leagues / Championships room ACRL-Assetto Corsa Racing League-acrlonline.org-6hrs of Nurburgring 18th March Jan 23, 2022
    ACC General Discussions Circuit de la Sarthe & Nürburgring Nordschleife Nov 22, 2021
    ACC Screenshots & Videos ACC | Nurburgring - Wet (Rain) | HotLap | Ferrari 488 GT3 Evo - 2:06.063 Oct 18, 2021
    ACC Online Leagues / Championships room Duo Series - Nurburgring May 27, 2021
    ACC Screenshots & Videos ACC - Nurburgring - Track Guide - Tips to be faster Mar 26, 2021
    ACC Physics Lamborghini Huracan Aggressive Preset Nürburgring Mar 24, 2021
    ACC Screenshots & Videos ACC - Nurburgring - Hot Lap + Setup - Ferrari 488 GT3 Evo - 1:53.808 Feb 17, 2021

3. Ace Pumpkin

Ace Pumpkin Alien

vegaguy 5555 likes this.
  4. Mogster

Mogster Alien

As a historic car and track fan I’d love to see the original Nordschleife with the big jumps but it’d be a massive undertaking.

The current laser scan would be an excellent starting reference I’d imagine though.

5. Ace Pumpkin

Ace Pumpkin Alien

6. mantasisg 2

mantasisg 2 Alien

Given the todays standard, it would take ton of work. Also there aren't too much references, but I know there were a dozen more jumps in Nordschleife back then. It was very different.

7. Mogster

Mogster Alien

Yes, the biggest problem is that everyone’s expectations are now much higher.

There’s an interview with Jackie Stewart were he mentions how many times the cars were airborne in the 66-70 period before the changes. I can’t remember how many times he said, around 10? There were sharp crests creating jumps on the main straight originally.

vegaguy 5555 likes this.
  8. mantasisg 2

mantasisg 2 Alien

Yes there, and in quite a few other places. I don't remember what onboard, or footage, but I remember watching something. I think he mentioned "more than dozen" or something like that. I remember footage where for example one of the jumps were at the midturn of Shwalbenshwanz, IIRIC.

vegaguy 5555 and Mogster like this.
  9. Ace Pumpkin

Ace Pumpkin Alien

S
    Shwhat?
    :p;)
    :D

sissydriver likes this.
  10. Mogster

Mogster Alien

On the video above you can see the bridge in the dip at ex mühle is an actual bridge so creating a jump. It’s almost a smooth dip now.

vegaguy 5555 likes this.
  11. kakusso

kakusso Hardcore Simmer

That brings me to the nostalgia of these great moments.

PCs were 80% slower than today's.

12. vegaguy 5555

vegaguy 5555 Alien

I know there was a 1975 Nordschleife mod around a few years ago. Not laser scanned.

13. mantasisg 2

mantasisg 2 Alien

Not laserscaned ? I don't know if it is worth it then...

vegaguy 5555 likes this.
  14. vegaguy 5555

vegaguy 5555 Alien

Wow!! The sky is actually really nice!!

Mogster likes this.
  15. Mogster

Mogster Alien

I drove that GPL mod quite a bit, the sky box and atmosphere is just right I agree.

Unfortunately it also highlights how inaccurate even the official Nordschleifes were before we had the LS versions. Apart from certain iconic points it really is hard to relate it to the real layout at all. Everything’s wrong.

vegaguy 5555 and Ace Pumpkin like this.