1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

NVidia 11 series

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by Andrew_WOT, Jul 24, 2018.

1. Yeah, if I had spent $1000+ on a 1080ti I too would be salty if it is now obsolete.

chksix likes this.
  2. Andrew_WOT

Andrew_WOT Alien

I do not believe 1080Ti was that expensive, more like $700-800 depending on the manufacturer and trim.
    Every Huang's presentation makes previous gen cards look obsolete, how else can he afford all these fancy leather jackets. :)

But then real benchmarks tell different story.

Not sure why do you think announcement of the new tech makes any true PC enthusiast salty instead of happy. More new toys the better.
    Usually 6 months later NVidia rolls out Ti version, will they come up with something else this time. Like different product lineup, Ultra Super Duper Ti?
    Why would they change their product strategy all over sudden, it worked fine in the past and was greatly affecting purchasing decision for those who wanted to get the best out of new gen.
    Are they trying to fool the masses into jumping on Ti right now just to introduce something better later?
    A lot of stuff just doesn't add up.

Last edited: Aug 21, 2018
    kofotsjanne likes this.
  3. chksix

chksix Hardcore Simmer

They want the RTX cores out on market asap. People would be holding off buying until the Ti was announced. I'm glad they did this, now I can start planning my new machine with less anxiety. I don't want to buy obsolete tech again.

4. martcerv

martcerv Alien

Lol Aussie pricing is a bit high.

2018-08-21_042102.png

5. Those prices are ridiculous. Bought my 1080 Gaming X for 650€ months ago when prices were still affected by the mining thingy and now we have 2080's starting from 910€-1000+€. What exactly they're thinking? :eek:

hristo1026 likes this.
  6. Andrew_WOT

Andrew_WOT Alien

Why? RTX is irrelevant for practical gaming at the moment, all you can do is screenshots, not sustain even remotely acceptable FPS?
    Perhaps a few gens later, may be. But now? :confused:

Stephen Driscoll likes this.
  7. Did you even watch the presentation?

8. martcerv

martcerv Alien

Havent seen it yet, did they show it in use in games? Was there significant visual improvement and how was performance hit vs regular rendering? Sorry I have a chitty internet connection atm with limited data amd poor reception so cant really watch this at home.

With the 10 series cards they promoted some NV works features which pretty much hardly got implemented in any games. I would be surprised if ray tracing gets implemented unless its an easy alternate render path. The user base will be very low for quite some time with capable hardware so its not something that would be a dev priority, unless NV makes it worth their while to implement these features.

ACC being unreal engine gives it more hope but I thought I read somewhere its unlikely they would run NV specific features.

9. You really need to watch the last 10 minutes or so of the presentation.

chksix likes this.
  10. BrunUK

BrunUK Alien

I watched most of it, and the one thing which seems noticeably absent is any sort of comparison with the previous gen for non-RTX games.

This suggests it's pretty underwhelming, which would mean these new cards are commanding a very hefty premium for the new rendering technology. It'll be fascinating to see how much RTX improves visuals (in actual gameplay rather than tech demos) and what the performance cost is. Will RTX be do-able at triple-screen resolutions, or in VR?

Andrew_WOT likes this.
  11. Broekie

Broekie Gamer

The RT functionality is gameworks all over again. And as soon as the gamedefs implements it, it'll make all your current cards obsolete or at least makes them look bad.

12. Serge M

Serge M Alien

ACC is using RTX, along with Shadow of the Tomb Raider, BF5 and Metro Exodus. There's a bunch of others I don't remember as well

13. Rosko

Rosko Hardcore Simmer

Yeah it's deffinately cool and would be nice to have but I use 4k and vr and more horespower is more important to me.
    I think if I was 2d and 1080p it might be more desirable because a 1080ti can deal with every game on high at 60fps+.
    I hope kunos can provide some working examples of gfx under this new card that's really the only game I would play alot of that has it.

14. Schnipp

Schnipp Alien

Presentation:
    2018-08-21 12_37_56-Nvidia RTX Cards Are Here! DON'T BUY THEM! - YouTube.jpg

Shop:
    2018-08-21 12_39_06-Buy RTX 20 Series Gaming Graphics Cards _ NVIDIA GeForce.jpg

Just slap on another +200/100/100 onto the 1st (already overpriced) prices for the 2080Ti/2080/2070.

Seems legit. Trololo....

15. BrunUK

BrunUK Alien

The extra $200 is for the founders edition.

16. Schnipp

Schnipp Alien

OK.
    Still a bit misleading IMO.

17. martcerv

martcerv Alien

QUOTE="BrunUK, post: 982887, member: 14565"]The extra $200 is for the founders edition.[/QUOTE]

Founders editions are reference and aren't all others better spec or at least better cooled? I never understood why they come at a price premium.

Here is the current conversion from USD to AUD for the 2080ti at 999USD yet somehow they found another $541.76 AUD for us :rolleyes:. https://www.nvidia.com/en-au/geforce/products/store/#
    aud usd.JPG
    au prices.JPG

18. Schnipp

Schnipp Alien

I think it's mainly for ppl. who want a reference design GPU to install a water-cooler on it.
    Most custom cards from Asus, EVGA, etc. aren't compatible with water-coolers.

19. Rosko

Rosko Hardcore Simmer

Founder Edition are overclocked. Actually there are better 3rd party cardss for water cooling there is one without backplate for example.