1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

NVidia 2080 Super

Discussion in 'ACC General Discussions' started by chksix, Jul 2, 2019.

1. chksix

chksix Hardcore Simmer

Just got an ad about it from them. No comparison against the 2080Ti though, just the 1080 and 1080Ti.
    The price is quite cheap which makes me suspect it is just another mid range card.
    Anyone got more info? (I haven't googled it yet)

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    Troubleshooting - Workarounds Game will not launch - stuck 'Initializing UI' when Nvidia surround is enabled. Jun 20, 2023
    ACC Troubleshooting Nvidia driver 531.68 issues. Apr 28, 2023
    ACC Virtual Reality [ACC] [VR] [OpenXR] [OpenComposite] High-clarity settings for HP Reverb G2 on Nvidia RTX3080 Nov 12, 2022
    ACC Virtual Reality nVidia 522.25: 5-10% performance boost on 3080 Oct 13, 2022
    ACC Troubleshooting Possible Nvidia dual drive causes fatal crash Oct 6, 2022
    ACC Troubleshooting UE4 Fatal Error Crash [nvwgf2umx.dll - nvidia drivers] Aug 25, 2022
    ACC Virtual Reality NVIDIA 512.XX vs 516.XX Aug 11, 2022
    ACC Troubleshooting Windows11 + nvidia surround in game resolution issue Jun 17, 2022
    ACC Multiplayer [resolved - nvidia driver] Track-specific game freeze in both Single Player and Multiplayer Apr 13, 2022
    ACC Virtual Reality NVIDIA performance overlay Mar 28, 2022
    ACC Troubleshooting help needed acc will not start after game/ NVidia driver update Mar 24, 2022
    ACC Troubleshooting return to menus and monitor blank - not optimum mode [Nvidia driver "feature"] Nov 27, 2021
    ACC Hardware Discussions New Nvidia Driver add DLSS to ACC Nov 16, 2021
    ACC Troubleshooting F11 toggling full screen and framerate issue on nVidia Oct 29, 2021
    Troubleshooting - Workarounds Stuck on AC Launcher if Nvidia Surround enabled Oct 19, 2021

3. demonhellcat

demonhellcat Rookie

All the tech reviewers have the 2060 Super and 2070 Super. The 2080 Super doesn't release until the end of the month. The 2060S is in between the 2060 and 2070 and the 2070S is in between the 2070 and 2080 - so it seems the 2080S will be in between the 2080 and 2080Ti. Based on pricing it seems the 2070S and 2080S will replace the base models and the 2060S will be $50 above the 2060 which will stay for now. 2080Ti will remain the king of the hill with the price to prove it.

chksix likes this.
  4. Torcano

Torcano Alien

Your sig says that you have a 1080. You should not bother getting a 2080 or S for that matter. A 2080 performs on par with a 1080ti which would be a pointless upgrade for you in itself, the S will probably be 10% faster at best because I doubt nvidia would want to piss off everyone that bought a 2080ti for 1200$+ by releasing a 2080S that performs anywhere close to it barely a year into its life-cycle. My honest suggestion, just skip this experimental generation of cards. Save your money. I'm only saying this because you have a 1080, if you had a 1070 or lower then yes, it would be worth an upgrade. :p

chksix likes this.
  5. Darkenend

Darkenend Rookie

No point really in buying a 2000 series card with a 1000 series GPU in ownership, ACC is mostly choked by the CPU, so if you wanna spend money, replace your CPU instead hahahahaha

chksix likes this.
  6. LeiF

LeiF Alien

Yep seems sensible, I personally am not going to even consider changing my 1070 until I have new CPU, MB and RAM as that is by far the most limiting factor in my setup.

7. vortex19

vortex19 Simracer

8. Just stick with a GTX 1070 or 1080Ti if not a 1660Ti until next-gen cards release.

On the bench:
    1660Ti = 1070, which is good for 1080p-1440p.
    1080Ti = 2080, which is good for up to 4K.

ex:
    My wife's cockpit PC runs a 1070 on 1080p.
    Mine runs a 1080Ti on 4K.

9. vortex19

vortex19 Simracer

I suppose it all depends on how much of a bump the next gen cards will give (and, more importantly, when they will arrive). In most of the Guru3D tests, the 2060 Super out-performed the basic 2070 and the 1080 and for less money. It significantly outperformed the 1660 Ti (which is, admittedly, cheaper). I'd agree that the 2060 Super may not make a compelling upgrade from a 1080 but it does seem to for anything below that.

10. chksix

chksix Hardcore Simmer

I’m saving up for the next gen of cards which will be a huge step up from my 1080. VR will then be smooth finally :)
    Will simultaneously get a new mobo and cpu of the next gen beyond the 99xx series. Plus new RAM. My Fleeca card is loading up LOL

11. Serge M

Serge M Alien

2080S will be using a slightly cut down 2080Ti chip so it will be very close to the 2080Ti performance wise and at the current 2080 price point. 2080Ti Super will be the new flagship at the current 2080Ti price point.

This is the response to AMD bringing new cards, got to love competition.

chksix likes this.
  12. Achokaracho

Achokaracho Racer

I've one question.
    I'm saving money for a new PC setup until the end of the year.
    I'm thinking to buy a 2080.
    But I have no clue about grafics cards.
    Should I buy a 1080ti, 2080 or 2080ti?
    I only play in vr with wmd from Lenovo atm.
    But I think next year i upgrade the vr headset too.
    Witch card should I buy?

13. Serge M

Serge M Alien

By end of the year the Super cards will all be out so 2080Super in that budget which will be just a bit slower then the current 2080Ti

14. LeDude83

LeDude83 Alien

The best one you can afford, really. Right now, many users (including VR) seem to be CPU limited so their high-end GPUs can't perform at 100 %, effectively making the performance equal to a GPU one or two tiers below. But the CPU usage is being optimized, continuously and CPUs become better and better so it would be short-sighted to buy a lower tier GPU.

So buy the best GPU you can afford. They're all expected to get a tad cheaper due to the AMD RX5700XT release (expected to be on par with RTX2070) so it's not a bad time to upgrade.

chksix likes this.
  15. martcerv

martcerv Alien

Maybe you dont know Nvidia then, they have a history of releasing massively over priced top end Titan versions which where then matched or even beaten by 80ti models in the last few generations since the 7 series. They are saying there wont be a 2080ti S only because they dont want people holding off on buying the 2080s, once they think most that would buy the 2080s have bought it they will bring out a new 2080ti S. It seems in the 20 series the Titan was released as the 2080ti because they needed something that could run RTX at a reasonable level but pricing was pretty much at Titan levels anyway. Now AMD is bringing some competition and Nvidia plus Intel are trying hard to avoid losing too many customers to AMD so are releasing better products at better pricing.

They will still use the same marketing tactics they always have just customers will get either a bit more performance or a bit more value for their money as they cant just charge whatever they want and keep thing on the back burner as long as possible to maximise profits.

Personally I am avoiding the 20 series all together and will get the next gen from AMD or Nvidia whichever has the best performing GPU that you dont need to sell a kidney for. The price hike and performance increase from 10 to 20 series gpus really never justified it. The pricing is getting closer to what it should have been but the next gen will be here to trump all these as soon as they have sold as many as they think they would. There are still plenty of 10 series owners wanting more and unlikely to buy 20 s cards so they will bring 30 series for these guys and if AMD is a more of a threat in the gpu market they will hurry along the process a bit more.

16. LeDude83

LeDude83 Alien

This is a good summary and also the "upgrade strategy" I will follow.

17. Achokaracho

Achokaracho Racer

Thx guys.
    Then I buy 2080ti
    Do you think i7 8700 cpu is strong enough to handle the 2080ti

18. Serge M

Serge M Alien

There will be a Super for the 2080Ti as well, just a bit later, September I believe. If spending that much why not straight to the 9900K, with the CPU though I would see how the new AMD CPU’s benchmark on the 7th before commuting to anything

19. Achokaracho

Achokaracho Racer

As you can see in my signature I only have i7 2600k and 980ti.
    I want spend roundabout 1500€ for the new one.
    With 8700 cpu and 2080 + the other things it's roundabout 1500€.
    But now I'm thinking.
    Buy a better cpu and take the 980ti and after some month upgrade my 980ti with best in slot gpu or buy 8700 cpu and 2080ti.
    I don't know how the 980ti will perform with high end cpu.
    But I don't want to spend more than 1500-1700€ on end of the year.

20. LeDude83

LeDude83 Alien

In general - yes. My GPU is a lot weaker than a 2080ti but anyways: with my old 7600k I often ran into CPU bottlenecks where the FPS would drop below my target of 74 and the GPU below 100%. Now with the 8700, there's no CPU bottleneck in normal scenarios - when the FPS drop below my target 74, the GPU is always at 100 %.

But you need to put such a question into relation...the relation of your desired FPS. So far, no CPU has achieved more than ~130 FPS AVG in the CPU benchmark. So in very CPU-demanding scenarios, don't expect FPS higher than this. Adjust your GFX so, that in the GPU benchmark you'll hit about the same values. Then you will have a balanced system with AVG FPS around those 130 FPS.

If you want very high AVG FPS around 200, this will not be possible IMO with ACC.

21. Achokaracho

Achokaracho Racer

Oh no, I'm no fps junky.
    Atm I play at 45fps with vr but I have to set the grafics settings all on low.
    But I want more. High or ultra would be nice
    I think 90fps in vr is my target.
    I don't need more.