1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Nvidia DLSS UE4 plugin avaiable now! Accattatavill!

Discussion in 'ACC General Discussions' started by stefanoCasillo, Feb 13, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PLebre

PLebre Hardcore Simmer

Ok you right, but is something similar with another name. Lazy devs that launch a plug-in for Unreal.

2. AndyK70

AndyK70 Alien

You mean RT via DX12

DLSS is not (yet) part of DX12 and AMD is developing it's own technique to do something similar but with shaders and not tensor cores like nvidia does.

3. Kroegtijger

Kroegtijger Racer

DLSS does work with DX12, DX11 and even with Vulkan.

4. menos | M6

menos | M6 Hardcore Simmer

I have a much better idea:
    Kunos should (see how I used internet lingo here) use the 3D engine Rockstar Games used in Grand Theft Auto IV.

It is an old engine, so it is cheap, practically for free really (I know because I read it on the internet).
    There is plenty of mods available, so Kunos should just use available mod content - a massive library of amazing cars, trucks, airplanes and bikes to add to the boring only GT3 car grids.
    The engine has weather effects and day and night cycle and even runs on really ancient hardware.
    Also, the GTA IV car physics were so much more realistic than GTA V physics, they are pretty much better than anything we have now in ACC. Aris could focus full time on entertaining us on YouTube and wouldn't have to do any of that pesky vehicle physics work for Kunos.
    To top it off we could also exit our cars in the grid, walk over to that guy who cut us off in qualifying, YANK him out of the car all the while switching the radio to our favorite channel AND be running from the police while finishing the race in first.

Case closed.

Oh, I forgot, the track DLCs are too expensive, how dare you charge money for them at all, my favorite car is so slow after the update, the other guys car is OP, why can I not have my team mate change the setup while I am driving, where is my favorite obscure track DLC (for free), my mom has grounded me again so I have more time to spend on the internet, yada, yada, yada ...

5. Coanda

Coanda Alien

I know you are fooling around..

Scenary wise RDR2 would have to be one of the most realistic looking games I have seen. It's gorgeous. Textures are probably held back a little for consoles. Stupid consoles.. The physics, in particular the water and animal movement are very good too..

menos | M6 likes this.
  6. AndyK70

AndyK70 Alien

You misunderstood my text.
    I said "it's not part of DX12" and not it wouldn't work with DX12.
    The difference is: It is proprietary to Nvidia and not usable by any other GPU than a RTX GPU by Nvidia excluding a lot of users.

Zeeflyboy, Jack0 and Salvatore Amato like this.
  7. Guidofoc

Guidofoc Alien

Well if there is a way to optimize the ACC engine and gain FPS it is certainly something worth looking into, unless they have decided they won't be using UE in their next project/s. It seems reasonable that they keep using UE because they want to be on consoles too. Also, they have already spent a ton of time trying to add what was missing and optimize the engine for a racing sim, so why would they throw everything away. They just need a bit more performance from the engine and to fix some of that blurriness. For the rest, ACC looks good, doesn't crash and loads in an instant, which to me is one of the most amazing features of this engine.

Performance-wise this is a racing sim so reaching a minimum stable FPS is very important, it's not optional. At the moment, on my mid-range system ( good CPU, 5600X, and old GPU RX580 on single 2560x1080 60Hz) the performance is good, locked at 60 FPS, but today we are going to 4K and there's triples, VR etc.

For that you need to get a good graphics card, and the prices are crazy. I looked for a RTX 3070: at launch they said "it'll cost 499 US dollars! (420 euros)".. I checked the other day and here in Italy prices go from 900 to 1300 euros! Never mind a RTX 3080. Ok it's a hobby and all but this is getting to ridiculous levels. So any performance gain gets you more customers, and if it can be applied to consoles that would be a good boost, too.

Also, my understanding is that some "additions" to the engine like triple-screen support are proprietary of Kunos. This means that when Kunos spends time to improve the UE engine for sim racing they are basically creating new "features" of the UE engine. They can then sell/license them to any other third party who wants to create a driving/racing simulator using the UE engine.

It's easy to talk from the outside and I could be totally misguided, but they all seem rather logic points to me.

tow and rikirk like this.
  8. anthonylroy

anthonylroy Hardcore Simmer

You really have to Admire NVIDIA’s marketing skills. just using 4 letters, DLSS, they have the entire gaming community falling to their knees, worshiping at the DLSS alter, begging to be the next altar boy to be taken to the Digital High Priest for conversion.

So now everybody and their cat, is demanding every game to include DLSS. soon, even perfectly good mobile phones will be sold and newer more expensive versions purchased because the old ones are not 'DLSS ready'.

To me DLSS is an interesting technology, but it is proprietary, and belongs to NVIDA, so you need an NVIDA card; so, F**k all the people who do not use NVIDA.

DLSS and RTx, are good technologies, but are primed at moving people away from other card manufacture’s, and on to the NVIDIA platform.

If I was a game developer, I would be very wary of developing a general game for specific hardware, which could result in dependency on a single manafacture.

Winston, mike reynolds, Jack0 and 3 others like this.
  9. Turk

Turk Alien

Why? ON/OFF, what more do you need to hear?

10. If acc performs well only on nvidia cards (for istance), amd users may also decide to not buy the game just for that.
    So it's better to bet on a general improvement, instead of wasting time.

11. Rogue Leader

Rogue Leader Hardcore Simmer

ACC performs noticeably better on Nvidia GPUs. One of a few reasons I sold my prior GPU and replaced it with a 2080S in my Sim system was because 95% of the time I am playing ACC and my AMD GPU at the time was handicapping me. In iRacing they perform nearly the same, but I play that only for an hour or two a week.

I however do agree if an improvement is worth focusing on, a general one would be better, however if Nvidia is throwing some money their way to make the game optimized for Nvisia.... well sometimes you gotta go what you gotta do.

12. Kroegtijger

Kroegtijger Racer

Sorry, I did misunderstand.
    But it's not Nvidia that is excluding a lot of users, because everybody is free to make his/her own choice when buying a graphics card.
    Sure, not everybody may be able to afford a card of the later generations, but still.

It's like saying: "Porsche (or insert any expensive car brand) is excluding a lot of drivers."
    They don't.

Maybe AMD will come up with a solution so AMD card owners can also benefit from the technology.
    That also happend with FreeSync/G-Sync technology.
    Let's hope for the best. Or think twice before deciding to buy an AMD/Nvidia graphics card.

13. Serge M

Serge M Alien

Both Nvidia and AMD make hardware to run DirectX software, can’t blame Nvidia for making better hardware for a long time now, pricing is another issue but from a purely technical perspective they have simply done a better job

anthony galmiche and LATE4APEX like this.
  14. Znam Neznam

Znam Neznam Hardcore Simmer

15. sps_for_race

sps_for_race Alien

Is that just a Screenshot from this forum posted at that page?

16. Gevatter

Gevatter Alien

Ah, Reddit. It's still the den of "experts" on everything it always was.

Pandora, Jack0, AndyK70 and 4 others like this.
  17. PLebre

PLebre Hardcore Simmer

isn't AMD developing something similar? So what's the problem? I remember some video of a game showing the differences between both versions.
    At the current price of the FPS and if it represents such gain in performance, it is absolutely a must the implementation so DLSS compatible cards owner can enjoy it.

18. mac19000

mac19000 Rookie

I honestly hope that Kunos take this seriously and can implement DLSS on ACC, even if we had to pay extra money for this implementation. For me there are 2 things very clear from the community:
    - We love ACC and thanks so much to Kunos for coming with this great game!
    - ACC is very GPU demanding especially for those with Triple screens and VR and clearly there is room for optimization.

So to really enjoy this game we only have two alternatives, buying a 3080 which is close to impossible and insane expensive at the moment, or get this DLSS implementation.
    I'm currently running ACC with HP G2 and RTX 2070s, obvioulsy with many difficulties to get a compromise between graphical quality and fps.
    Thanks to everybody for keep pushing!

tow and F1Aussie like this.
  19. Sleeper Service

Sleeper Service Hardcore Simmer

This place never ceases to amaze me :rolleyes:

@kunos Your sailing sim better have full implementation of seagull physics or it's a no buy for me ;)

Gevatter likes this.
  20. Absurd what happened there. What a low behaviour...
    People not even reading the full comment.
    Many are saying amd will do it soon, so what's the problem...?!?!? lol I didn't know kunos worked on your demand.
    Plus, just by reading a few comments, I see a lot of hatred and I also see the guys complaining about steam workwhatever...
    Some modders still don't accept acc, well they should be happy with the time they spent on ac.
    I truly hope kunos spirit will not be touched by such people. people at the bottom of the bottom...