1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Nvidia DLSS UE4 plugin avaiable now! Accattatavill!

Discussion in 'ACC General Discussions' started by stefanoCasillo, Feb 13, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bbman

bbman Racer

"Something similar" in this case is not a positive, but a negative. DLSS is proprietary, which means noone else can just make a copy that would work with the same API or "plugin". So, now you need TWICE the amount of work to get both implementations into the game, when even one is said not to be worth their time.

AndyK70 likes this.
  2. pankykapus

pankykapus KS Dev Team Staff Member KS Dev Team

I don't think the point made it across:

3. Rogue Leader

Rogue Leader Hardcore Simmer

I've read a bunch of comments there and my brain legit hurts from the stupidity. Bunch of mouth breathing *****s over there.....

4. Panky they didn't care about reading from the very beginning. There are people there, which seems they don't even play the game; why those people should even read that thread?!
    There are always toxic people in a community.

5. bbman

bbman Racer

You expect users to carry information across multiple threads from different subforums? How dare you require them to read instead of just adding their voice to a topic that seems vaguely similar to their intentions? They might find out this thread started as a parody, it would confuse them utterly!

6. Felge Schneider

Felge Schneider Hardcore Simmer

What do you expect from people, that have problems installing sth without steam workshop?

sissydriver and Salvatore Amato like this.
  7. [ATF]Shanti

[ATF]Shanti Simracer

Have a new PC cause my old doesnt do it anymore,have fired up CP2077 with all that 4k Raytracing thing...5min later i realized how hard we get, or better said,we let us f**** from overhyped, overpriced things who stay in absolute no relation to what we want to believe it gives us... Thus soulless spiral of marketing, suggestions, imaginations, illussions gets deeper,faster, expensivier every day... luckily we, the costumer, have at least sometimes the chance to realize whats goin on behind "the scenes" and can do a little step aside, take a deep breath,calm down...

8. Kroegtijger

Kroegtijger Racer

Oh yes, CP2077 really is the best title for such comparison. :D

9. BrunUK

BrunUK Alien

I'm very much on the fence regarding CP'77, but dismissing it entirely after five minutes suggests your opinion was preconceived.

Edit: To stay on-topic, DLSS 2.0 in the above is very impressive. As is the ray tracing.

10. Poguinhas

Poguinhas Alien

I mean, who the hell even is that Stefano so-called Casillo guy to come to the forum asking for new features? Does he even have the slightest idea of how difficult it is to develop a game?
    If he's not happy with how ACC is at the moment he should just go and develop his own game.

AndyK70, Turk, rycil and 5 others like this.
  11. Xenix

Xenix Simracer

For a DLSS DLC/patch I would pay immediately, but for a British DLC with mixed cars ectect I would first need a new PC ...

One investment currently makes sense, the other does not.

tow and elchshooter like this.
  12. moeppling

moeppling Gamer

none of that made sense.

13. Maciej Malinowski

Maciej Malinowski Hardcore Simmer

just internet things :p :p

14. Xenix

Xenix Simracer

Well then today I'll buy a DLC so that I can play it when I've got it to run smoothly. At some point in the future...

tow likes this.
  15. I dont understand one thing. Dlss is an alternative ray tracing technology to the standard ray tracing, right?
    But ray tracing is currently not implemented in acc...so how can adding ray tracing make the game smoother?

16. anthonylroy

anthonylroy Hardcore Simmer

DLSS and Ray tracing are two different things

tow, AndyK70 and sps_for_race like this.
  17. sps_for_race

sps_for_race Alien

No!

AndyK70 likes this.
  18. pankykapus

pankykapus KS Dev Team Staff Member KS Dev Team

That's a 0/0.

Ray tracing is a generic category for a rendering technique using traces emitted by other objects in the scene to then draw reflections and shadows. RTX, SSR are all subtypes of ray tracing.
    RTX is Nvidia's proprietary full-scene ray tracing method that is only supported on 20XX and 30XX series cards, which renders high-fidelity reflections and shadows across the entire scene.
    SSR is screen-space reflections, a common tracing method that renders good-looking reflections using cues from whatever is already rendered in the frame. Currently ACC uses this type of reflection rendering alongside traditional cubemaps. Arguably this is already giving very nice results, especially in car interiors and the wet.
    DLSS (1.0 and 2.0) is another proprietary method by Nvidia to use deep learning to supersample a lower-resolution source image to a higher end-resolution image arguably with or without noticeable quality loss, to improve performance by alleviating the rendering pipeline due to the lower resolution of the source image and filling in the gaps with the artificial upsampling.

Last edited: Feb 24, 2021
  19. pmgfrederico

pmgfrederico Gamer

Sooo a full week as gone by...

@stefanoCasillo is it really true that rain and night were impossible to implement in AC's proprietary game engine? To be totally honest driving in the rain with dry physics could be a winner. Just add a "Physics based rain" option toggle, how do we say it here, ON/OFF? Just grey out the ON option and there you go.

Naaa just saying hi, waiting on some announcements for the next big thing! Take care gents!

20. menos | M6

menos | M6 Hardcore Simmer

Your question was answered earlier in this thread.
    Tbf, this internet myth had been dissected too many times over the course of the last few years.

What you are suggesting is now possible with fairly nice visual results (as long as in cockpit view) with the current pre-release rainFX builds of the CSP.
    To some extend also grip levels are influenced but of course nowhere near the quality as implemented properly in ACC.
    You have to use Content Manager (why wouldn't you at this point?) and obtain the latest pre-release CSP build (currently you have to be a supporter of Ilja's patreon) and ideally pair it with Peter Boese's SOL mod for best results.