1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Nvidia DLSS UE4 plugin avaiable now! Accattatavill!

Discussion in 'ACC General Discussions' started by stefanoCasillo, Feb 13, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Retrolux

Retrolux Racer

I still hope AMD comes around with a open upscaling solution without the need of special hardware that even would work for earlier GPUs.

2. Winston

Winston Hardcore Simmer

I'm surprised at the VR negativity here, I'm have a Vive and 1080 giving me a massive 45 fps and it's fine in VR.
    Yeah 90 fps would be great but 45 works okay for me.(I still remember CRTs when 30 fps was a thing.) Visuals are okay too, could be crisper but acceptable.
    Even with the reduced per eye resolution compared to a monitor the feeling of being in the car can't be beaten.

There are a number of Nvidia VR technologies that would be great to see implemented in ACC but I'm old enough to know new technologies take years to be fully realized if they are at all so never had raised expectations.
    With gaming the next best thing is always just around the corner, You just need to open your wallet again and this time you will be happy, the 3DMark school of thinking.

chksix likes this.
  3. Rogue Leader

Rogue Leader Hardcore Simmer

My problem with VR is exactly as you described though. 45 fps would make me vomit. There is also a large portion of the population who has a similar reaction. If its not super smooth high fps its nauseating.

When I was much younger I couldn't play FPS games because the frame rate would make me sick within 15 minutes. I swore off FPS games for a many years due to that, and only came back to them once I could afford a higher end system that could run them at 60fps+. Nowadays I am fine at that high fps, but occasionally it will catch me the wrong way and make me a bit nauseous.

4. Serge M

Serge M Alien

It’s not really 45 FPS though so it’s not the same as actual 45 FPS. You’re still getting 90 FPS, just some may not be a perfect match to the frame before and after. Oculus is a fair bit better then Steam VR for this though

5. Rogue Leader

The net frame rate is 45 fps though. Trust me I WANT to use VR. I've tried it. If its not something with a very high net FPS I get sick. There have been many articles about this type of VR motion related vertigo.

6. sps_for_race

sps_for_race Alien

Wondering about this fps sensitivity, as we used to watch TV using PAL @50i or 25p

Last edited: Mar 30, 2021
  7. Rogue Leader

Yeah most TV watching and normal games didn't bother me. Shaky first person camera however..... For example remember the movie the Blair Witch Project? Basically all first person found footage type of film? I lasted 15 minutes before I was totally and completely sick. Movies are shown at 24fps.

AndyK70 and chksix like this.
  8. sps_for_race

sps_for_race Alien

Blair Witch Project was crazy in Cinema!

9. Winston

Winston Hardcore Simmer

Yeah I had a little disorientation at first but luckily for me it passed after a couple of sessions, you do sound very sensitive to screen movement

10. Thomas Fun

Thomas Fun Simracer

11. Rogue Leader

I can directly correlate it to frame rate.

I can play DOOM (2016) on my PC for hours no problem... it runs at 100+fps.

On PS4 Pro some First person games run at 60fps, those I'm fine. Then I've played some that run at 30fps and its vomit city.

Even third person. I have Rise of the Tomb Raider on PS4, it has 2 Pro modes either high detail or high FPS. High detail runs at 30fps, but looks prettier, makes me sick. High FPS I can play it for hours no problem.

This is actually a common issue. Articles I've read have even correlated it to 3D movies (and 3D TVs) never catching on fully, because a good portion of the population can't deal with it.

Winston likes this.
  12. chksix

chksix Hardcore Simmer

I have great fps on my setup now. Running low settings but all set in game options. Actually I can't find and share the setup ini file on the computer. No idea where it is saved.
    I can race in rain and 10 AI, 6 visible. Or a full grid online. The built in fps counter shows 85-91 most of the time.

13. Guus

Guus Gamer

Sorry but I don't know where you look. Look at the 3 screenshot comparisons under this text:

"Seriously, here are some comparison screenshots between 1440p native and DLSS 2.0 Performance. If there is one game that can truly show what DLSS 2.0 can do, it’s Cyberpunk 2077."

Screenshot 1 = 36FPS native vs 81FPS DLSS
    Screenshot 2 = 31FPS native vs 76FPS DLSS
    Screenshot 3 = 34FPS native vs 77FPS DLSS

I don't see how you could be against an improment this huge...

tow, Serge M and detoit like this.
  14. Well if you read what you post, you will get the message yourself.
    He said cyberpunk is the one with the greatest improvement...
    Probably on acc you would get only 5 fps.
    Or 3.
    It depends how the game is structured.
    Features are not blocks. You cannot add a block in a software with the result to add a floor to the house. Maybe you will end up increasing its weight and thats it.

15. Guus

Guus Gamer

There is zero logic in your pessimistic approach.

I hope that you don't work in the medical sector. If that would be the case then you would tell all your patients something like this?: "Oh well sir, we have a medicine here in our hands, it doesn't cost us that much money, neither it has many proven side effects. For some people their life was extended for just a few years by using this medicine but for other people in the world it meant that their life was extended up to even more then 100%, but for you we don't want to try it because if it's just a few years then it's not worth the try. So we just leave this medicine in our cabinet. Have a nice day."

tow and Artworx like this.
  16. I'm impressed. You tried to do a caricature. I am gonna have a nice day dude.

Cause I am a nice person ;)

17. Felge Schneider

Felge Schneider Hardcore Simmer

You are aware that Kunos is the Pharma Company thinking about investing a lot of time and money in a very specific drug, that maybe(!) helps improve the condition of a very small group of patients a bit.

18. He will never undersrand lol.

ps. in my opinion the devs got the message some people felt compelled to spread.
    Now it's time to wait in a quite hope.

19. Guus

Guus Gamer

And that's exactly what happens (rarely) in the pharmaceutical industry! That's why i said that I'm willing to pay for DLSS as an DLC. A friend of me has a very rare disease that worldwide only a few 100 of people have. The only reason that he is still alive is because of an special medicine that they developed for specific this very rare disease. Its always worth the risk to archieve an difficult goal. Of course you guys are allowed to disagree with me. But Salvatore Amato, you can tell me that you are a Nice person, but you just proved the opposite, you call the person that disagrees with your point of view stupid. Of course im able to understand your way of thinking. But that doesn't mean that i have to agree with you. Have a Nice Day.

20. Rogue Leader

The issue is you're insisting this will make a large improvement. Only the developers of the game can insist this. They KNOW how the game is programmed, they also know how DLSS works. They will likely be able to derive if its worth putting the time and effort in to putting DLSS into the game. Not EVERY game has a huge bump in performance. Cyberpunk and ACC are completely different games.

Side note think of the optics of "DLSS DLC" Pay extra for better game performance. That would massively piss off the fan base and the general gaming public for that matter.