1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Nvidia drivers discussion

Discussion in 'ACC Hardware Discussions' started by Johngrim64, Jul 11, 2019.

1. Johngrim64

Johngrim64 Rookie

I uninstall from steam game list then I go to my documents and delete the assetto corsa competizione folder .Yes you have to configure wheel controls ect

2. Globespy

Globespy Racer

The latest 431.36 drivers have big problems with the minimum FPS, and that's a big reason why you will notice stuttering and inconsistent performance.
    There's several Youtube videos showing that the average FPS are about the same but in many games the min FPS in 431.36 vs 430.86 are really bad, in some cases half.

430.86 seems very solid and compares well to the older, but very solid 399.24 driver.

romandevision likes this.
  3. redadeg

redadeg Racer

Sorry, thought you where speaking about reinstalling the NVidia drivers!

4. Which driver are u using?

6. Whether using the latest driver or the previous version doesn’t seem to make a difference for me . For me, it would seem that 1.06 has brought back a very stuttery game unfortunately

Salvatore Amato likes this.
  7. romandevision

romandevision Simracer

I did not conduct tests, but it felt like everything returned to normal after returning to the previous version.
    RTX 2070

Salvatore Amato likes this.
  8. Johngrim64

Johngrim64 Rookie

That was my problem exactly a complete delete and reinstall of the full game fixed it I'm even quite happy with the performance now vsync at 100hz monitor

9. Ya, tried that too, no luck for me unfortunately .

10. Anybody try out the latest driver 431.60?

11. bullet800

bullet800 Gamer

I trying. No changes FPS.

12. redadeg

redadeg Racer

In comparisson to which other drivers?

430.86 was fine
    431.36 was crap
    431.60 is?

13. bullet800

bullet800 Gamer

all fine. haven't problem with all version.

romandevision likes this.
  14. LucaBenj

LucaBenj Racer

Today I've updated to version 431.60 of the Nvidia driver. For the graphics no problem, but I immediately had a strange and unexpected decline from the point of view of the physical engine of the game. It's like driving with the brake pedal slightly depressed.

Of course the pedalboard works well, and the same level of brake pedal pressure on the HUD responds well. Before writing on the forum I made sure that the pedalboard is ok, and I reinstalled the game, after a complete uninstall.

15. th3o

th3o Hardcore Simmer

Hey guys, have you already tried the latest driver with this low latency mode? I am not sure what to choose? Is this the old "rendering frames ahead" setting? With a GSync Display 1 was recommended. Would this now correspond with the low latency setting set to "Ultra"?

16. Gopher04

Gopher04 Simracer

I believe it is reading on Guru3d..Also if you got the new driver 436.02 yesterday, there was a couple of bugs in it, throw it away as it has now been updated and reloaded.

17. SimRacer925

SimRacer925 Simracer

There was only one bug in it yesterday and that was the issue that GFE was installed even if you clicked to install only the driver without GFE. Otherwise the newly released one is identical to the initial one.
    And yes, I use the Ultra low latency mode with my FreeSync monitor with Gsync enabled and it is actually a LOT smoother, feels fantastic!

th3o likes this.
  18. Gopher04

Gopher04 Simracer

The one thing that is wrong with these drivers don't hold you custom colour settings, they revert back to default on every start..

19. SimRacer925

SimRacer925 Simracer

That's a Windows 10 issue which came with 1803 or so I believe, not driver related. But there are Workarounds available when you Google it.

20. Gopher04

Gopher04 Simracer

Actually it's also a Win 7 issue as well and has been every other driver..