1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Nvidia drivers discussion

Discussion in 'ACC Hardware Discussions' started by Johngrim64, Jul 11, 2019.

1. romandevision

romandevision Simracer

Thanks, mate!

2. gixxerovios

gixxerovios Rookie

So, 441.08 in terms of performance and stability in comparison to older drivers?

Now i am on 436.30...

3. esox71

esox71 Alien

Was 436 not the bad one?

4. Coanda

Coanda Alien

436 was good to me..

I tried this new sharpening filter. I did not like it. It messed with my windows desktop programs which I eventually sorted and in game it was grainy and had a cartoon effect.

5. Ducati

Ducati Rookie

You have to lower film grain to 10 or less, it is definitely grainy at default. I’m having no issues with desktop programs.
    I think part of the reason some are having issues with the way it looks is using multiple sharpening options at once.
    Try the in game only, try reshademe only, try Nvidia only. No two eyes are the same so what looks great to me might look terrible to you.

Last edited: Nov 1, 2019
  6. Coanda

Coanda Alien

@ Ducati - Thank you I forgot that I had the Advanced Sharpening filter in ACC on, so that was overdoing it.. Once I turned off ACC filtering it looked fine. From a quick look 30% Nv filter is similar to ACC ASF=On, 40% Sharpening @ 150% SP. I'll mess around with a bit more..

Ducati likes this.
  7. tjr

tjr Hardcore Simmer

This. The driver is fine for me. I've reverted to in-game sharpening only.

8. Coanda

Coanda Alien

9. Ducati

Ducati Rookie

You are correct I have it backwards.

This ignore film grain setting is confusing when I lower it (using a 2560x1080 ultra wide only) my image appears smoother with less grain?

When I raise it I get more pronounced static and grain. I need to look at my monitor settings and do more research thank you for the link.

10. Coanda

Coanda Alien

True. It is weirdly named with a vague description..

11. f_deutsch

f_deutsch Hardcore Simmer

Yes, forgot to say. I do have ACC Advanced Sharpening Filter off as even before the new Sharpening nvidia option I had extreme grainy graphics as @Coanda mentioned.
    I will play also the ACC sharpening level. Nice thing about the graphics driver option it does not seems to affect performance at all.

Dave Kafato likes this.
  12. gixxerovios

gixxerovios Rookie

I tried the latest driver and i had good results in comparison to 436.30.
    Better performance (+5fps) overall but most important better stability with less frame drops during start when racing against AI.

13. vortex19

vortex19 Simracer

There are no good or bad drivers, just whatever works well for you. The number of times I've read about someone having poor performance with a particular driver only to later read that someone else thinks it's the best ever! That's why I always find it pointless when people ask for opinions about the latest driver. The only sure way to know how well it will work for you is to try it. It's easy enough to get rid of a driver using DDU if it doesn't work on your system.

LeDude83 likes this.
  14. dave967

dave967 Racer

I downloaded the 441’s today & picked up about 7 fps. love the image sharpener, set it to 70/ 25 its crystal clear now.

15. esox71

esox71 Alien

With what ingame sharpening settings do you have or changed?

16. dave967

dave967 Racer

Its in the nvidia control panel not the game. You have to have the latest 441 driver.

https://ibb.co/2WyFxTL

esox71 likes this.
  17. tjr

tjr Hardcore Simmer

Having revisited the Nvidia sharpening tool, I do quite like it. Setting the grain slider to 100 I find gives the best clarity, then sharpen to suit.
    In-game settings are 'standard' with enhanced sharpening off and image sharpening at 80.

Last edited: Nov 3, 2019
    esox71 likes this.
  18. LeDude83

LeDude83 Alien

It would be nice if you participated in the GPU benchmark thread. A driver that increases FPS is what we're trying to identify there.

19. Gopher04

Gopher04 Simracer

But what he is asking is what settings do you have the ingame shaprening settings set at along side with the nvidia ones??

20. dave967

dave967 Racer

My sharpness in game has always been %90. I don't use the advanced sharpen filter at all..

esox71 and Gopher04 like this.