1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory.
    Dismiss Notice

Nvidia raytrace real option for ACC

Discussion in 'ACC General Discussions' started by PabloVND, Apr 13, 2019.

Tags:
  1. PabloVND

PabloVND Racer

I know that in a simulation high and stable framerate is primarily needed for a decent experience and also that raytrace these days is mostly still reserved for tech demos and expensive super cards but, as some of you already know lastest nvidia drivers add compatibility for raytrace with 10 series cards. Is that partial compatibility and also low performance expected but on the other side and surprisingly i be able to select medium raytrace in shadow of the tomb rayder and surpinsingly with a residual performance drop. The improvement is very noticeable in shadows adding tridimensional deepness and most surprisinly at residual performance cost for a gtx 1070 ti.

Maybe some escalable raytrace is going to be inplemented in some elemets on ACC and will be interesting to see results if the performance penalty is as low as it was in my test.

its.me and Luca Zari like this.

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    Troubleshooting - Workarounds Fatal error: clicking Video menu with NVIDIA Mosaic enabled May 31, 2019
    ACC General Discussions NVIDIA Optimization Tool & FOV May 29, 2019
    ACC General Discussions Nvidia DLSS May 29, 2019
    ACC General Discussions New NVidia driver for ACC released today May 28, 2019
    ACC Screenshots & Videos Assetto Corsa Competizione - Benchmark - Nvidia RTX 2060 (i7 9700k) 1080p Apr 24, 2019
    ACC General Discussions Nvidia GTX 1660 Ti for simracing Apr 17, 2019
    ACC General Discussions NVIDIA Freestyle Post Processing coming to ACC Apr 13, 2019
    ACC Troubleshooting Nvidia 3d Vision 2 not working Feb 27, 2019
    ACC General Discussions Nvidia drivers 418.91 Caution Feb 13, 2019
    Controllers and Peripherals Bugs & Issues Nvidia Shield TV PAD controler Dec 28, 2018
    ACC User Interface HUD - Misplaced "outside" my view - nVidia Surround Nov 27, 2018
    ACC General Discussions nvidia gpu + w10 lastest update Nov 22, 2018
    ACC User Interface Nvidia Shield TV & ACC Oct 15, 2018
    ACC Troubleshooting Game crashes (fatal error) and extreme stuttering after Nvidia update Oct 11, 2018
    ACC General Discussions Updating Nvidia Drivers Sep 19, 2018

3. its.me

its.me Rookie

I am interested in this topic as well. But no single comment on ray tracing from Kunos so far.

4. Loren Thomas

Loren Thomas Gamer

Wonder if it would be a possible solution to provide proper mirrors (i.e., angle changing with head movement and showing parts of the player car), and how that would perform compared to the current ones (which really hurt framerate in spite not looking very nice at all)?

For other stuff, I can't say I really care in the near term - given the choice I'd rather spend the GPU power on other things. But I'm sure in a few years time when the hardware catches up to the graphics engine it will look really great.

5. DzelRacing

DzelRacing Racer

I have already difficulties to run ACC with others compinent in VR without compromise ( and I have a good PC)... :confused:
    But why not..

I think that the RTX demo on ACC was not made by Kunos but by Nvidia.

Yes, but really, we do not need that to simulate reflexion on a surface (screen space reflection are limited but works fine).
    It's cool to see this kind of thing but for example, Iracing, or Pcars 2 doesn't have ray tracing. And however, these games have dynamic mirrors. It's probably a waste of performance like use a bazooka to kill a fly.

Also I know, ray tracing is not just about reflexion in real time, it's about how light bounce around the scene, how much a material reflect light etc.. but for the moment, it's really shy (from nvidia). Ray tracing is more that what we have seen for now. I'm not as excited as PabloVND.

Last edited: Apr 13, 2019
  6. Stekelly1980

Stekelly1980 Rookie

They should add it as I'm hoping that if my rig can't do it then my future rig will. Future proof!

its.me and mr Switchblade like this.
  7. NWG.Slum

NWG.Slum Racer

I can not comment, sorry :p

8. sps_for_race

sps_for_race Simracer