1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Nvidia's 3000 series

Discussion in 'ACC Hardware Discussions' started by CSJ92882, Sep 2, 2020.

1. CSJ92882

CSJ92882 Rookie

Is anyone else considering upgrading to the new 3000 series GPUs for ACC VR?

I have a Reverb G2 on the way and considering a new build. Can't decide between 3080 and 3090.

Will 3090 truly allow you to run EPIC everything at 90fps (assuming i9-10900K, etc.)?

How much compromise will be needed from a 3080?

The gap in price doesn't seem worth it, but by the time I spend $2000+ building out a 3080, I would be pretty disappointed to find ACC still struggling to hit 90fps on High settings

chksix likes this.

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    Chit Chat Room @Lord Kunos, will you add support for Nvidia's Ansel? May 31, 2016
    GUI - HUDs - Apps Bugs & Issues Nvidia's dsr and assetto's ui not playing nice Oct 25, 2014
    ACC Virtual Reality New RTX 3000 include dlss 3.0 with support for Temporary Antialiasing May 7, 2020
    Chit Chat Room Gumball3000 talk May 2, 2016
    Multiplayer Bugs & Issues Huge pings like 3000, 15000 etc. Dec 14, 2015
    Screens & Videos Ferrari 458 gumball 3000 skin Feb 10, 2015
    Chit Chat Room Gpu intel i5 2500k hd 3000 Oct 31, 2014
    Liveries Ferrari 458 purrari gumball3000 Sep 6, 2014
    Chit Chat Room Your favorite gumball 3000 liveries Sep 1, 2014
    Liveries Mclaren MP4-12C GUMBALL 3000 Apr 16, 2014
    Liveries Ferrari 458 Gumball 3000 Apr 15, 2014
    Liveries Gumball 3000 Ferrari 458 Jan 19, 2014

3. Stains

Stains Simracer

I'm considering upgrading but not for VR but more so triples ;) I want to continue at 5760x1080 but want resolution scale at 150 plus %. ACC looks so sweet at that resolution scale on my 1080p triples :eek:

I'm certainly not getting the 3090 , that's stupid money but the 3080 at $1100 AUD is right in line with what i paid for my current 1080Ti .

My only concern is what will AMD bring in the next months and then how will nVidia counter that ? There is a nice gap between 3080 and 3090 for the 3080Ti and if you remember when 1080Ti came out , it was just 8 months after 1080 and matched the Titan of the day . So i'm just going to wait for AMD and then decide ;)

chksix and CSJ92882 like this.
  4. Torcano

Torcano Alien

As much as I love AMD and their CPU division, I'm extremely skeptical that they will have anything even close to the performance of a 3080, they are so far behind considering the leaks (which seemed to be pretty accurate thus far judging by the nvidia leaks which almost all turned out to be true) say that their new flagship will be be double the performance of a 5700XT but that'd put it somewhere around a 2080ti in terms of raw power, and the 3070 seems to do that anyway. So it seems they are going with the price to performance route again and will sell a card with 3070 performance at a bit lower price and leave nothing for the enthusiast market yet again, unless they pull out a card magically out of their arse that can even remotely challenge the 3090 with its clownworld 400W room heater spec power draw, I'm not holding my breath. I've already told my local hardware guys to keep a 3090 allocated for me lmao.

Putting aside RTX and the other bullcrap that may or may not ever get mainstream usage, just raw gaming performance alone is gonna be a huge leap for this generation purely based on core count... given the 3070 has over 1000 more cuda cores than the 2080ti (4352 cores) at 5888 cores, 3080 has over 4000 more cores at 8704 cores and the 3090 is the chungus spec at over double the cores bringing it to a massive 10496 cores.

Jensen aint playing around this time lol, hopefully his fears about AMD bringing something competitive to the market are true because if AMD fails to deliver this time around, then RIP GPU market and consumer friendly pricing forever if NVIDIA ends up getting an unshakable monopoly. It hurts to see AMD failing the enthusiast market again and again and again as someone that used to have a crossfire HD7970 rig back in the day, when the GTX 680 and HD7970 were both absolute top end beasts and competed with each other to their limits. :(

chksix likes this.
  5. Whitestar

Whitestar Hardcore Simmer

So the new cards were revealed yesterday and I have to say the 3080 for me is looking quite sweet. Here is a very thorough and sober/unbiased summary by Hardware Unboxed.

What are your thoughts on its performance regarding VR in ACC?
    I realise this will be speculation since we don't actually have any proper benchmarks yet.

SANDER van DORN [GER] likes this.
  6. 3080 is a nobrainer :);)

7. Seelenkrank

Seelenkrank Racer

i think i will switch from my 2080TI to the 3090 because i need more fps in VR (and can get higher SS %)

detoit likes this.
  8. anthonylroy

anthonylroy Hardcore Simmer

Remember that Nvidia do puff up the fiqures a bit , I would wait for the reviewers to test before i consider, you also cannot judege on number of cuda cores , because not all of them can be used for every function. the best advantage of these cards are price. For every 3090 sold there will be prob 500 3070's sold. the real battle between Nvida and AMD is going to be the mass market not the high end. I think AMD will come out with a physopathic GPU which will supprise everybody, thats why the Nvidia prices are lower than expected

AndyK70, CSJ92882, Torcano and 2 others like this.
  9. Stains

Stains Simracer

There is something a bit fishy with the core counts ! Some aftermarket brands are quoting exactly half nVidia spec ! I know they doubled Cuda cores per SM but something doesn't seem right . Why wouldn't nVidia be showing charts with performance compared to Turing if its really this mind bendinly faster ?? Just weird , i need to see Steve from GN's benchmarks !

Torcano and CSJ92882 like this.
  10. Torcano

Torcano Alien

Yep, waiting for computer Jesus to review them too lol. Some are saying that nvidia gave different numbers to different AIB folks to see where the leaks are, basically coloring the water or however the saying goes. xD

I know the battle is won or lost in the mass market side of things anyone who thinks otherwise is a dumdum, but like I said, AMD keeps failing the enthusiast side over and over and we have no choice but to go green if you want a true top of the line machine. And the question here from the OP is specifically about the 3090 or 3080, neither of which are technically "mass market" as they fall into high end or enthusiast category. There is only so much good will for AMD's GPU division to go around after years of their navi "overhype and underdeliver" stuff they pulled, they are gonna bring a proper monster this time around is a /believe it when I see it/ kinda deal now, I'll be more than happy to see AMD produce a monster and shove it in NVIDIA's face. And to counter your point just a bit to play the devil's advocate, maybe NVIDIA's agressive pricing is simply because they want to bury AMD this generation before they even have a chance to fight back, they took advantage of AMD's horrible slacking behaviour these past few years... pretty much exactly how AMD smacked Intel hard these last few years in the CPU department and caught Intel with their pants down and are running away now with a massive lead. Time to wait and see lol. :p

chksix and Stains like this.
  11. ignission

ignission Simracer

I imagine people who've recently purchased a 2080ti must by feeling pretty annoyed at the pricing structure for the 30xx cards :confused:

12. Whitestar

Whitestar Hardcore Simmer

Weeeeeell, I still want to see what AMD brings to the table. ;)
    I can understand that, but the 2080ti was always a bad deal. After yesterday it went from a bad deal to a terrible deal.
    Honestly can't undertand why anyone would buy it after the rumors started about 3000 release.

ignission likes this.
  13. Sofa

Sofa Gamer

Don't forget that their second hand value will also plummit hugely. Recent 2080 ti buyers are really being screwed by Nvidia. :mad: But you are right, they were always terrible value.

14. seb 6th gear

seb 6th gear Simracer

Nvidia introduced double instructions per clock cycles, pretty sure they doubled the amount of cuda cores on marketing materials for that reason, but real physical cuda core are trully half of these figures

look at 17:20 in

15. chksix

chksix Hardcore Simmer

Is the 3090 equivalent to a 3080 Ti or should we expect Ti and Super versions of the lineup after xmas?
    I'm waiting for the ROG Strix version of the card before buying though. Need a totally fresh setup so I'm letting my kids inherit the current pc :D

16. Thomas Fun

Thomas Fun Simracer

The 3090 seems to be the top card, the other cards will get an upgrade (more memory).

Lenovo accidentally leaked a 3070ti with 16GB, so most likely there will also be a 3080ti with 20GB.
    https://videocardz.com/newz/nvidia-geforce-rtx-3070-ti-spotted-with-16gb-gddr6-memory

chksix likes this.
  17. Plastic_Manc

Plastic_Manc Hardcore Simmer

Potentially interesting set of cards and definitely with a mindset to begin the phase out of 1080p in pc gaming.

I'm in a position that without upgrading my 2560x1080 screen, its worth waiting a while for this generation to mature a little (wait for the supers?) before making a leap from a 2070.

18. Psit

Psit Alien

3080, you have to be out of your mind, or be swimming in a pool of $ to spend an additional 700$ (?) for 20% of performance boost.

By the way, anyone noticed this?
    Untitled1.png

sairuscz likes this.
  19. GONKO

GONKO Racer

3080 for me is a must. 4k, everything ultra, 60 fps.
    I'll take that.
    On my 1080 I have to settle at 1440p.

20. bondyboy

bondyboy Alien

But will a 3080 be able to run ACC in VR? ;)

rosevalley and chksix like this.
  21. CSJ92882

CSJ92882 Rookie

You’re forgetting the additional VRAM. I agree though, it isn’t the value choice.

But like I said, if I spend 3000 between the all new system and Reverb G2 and I still can’t get a great picture at 90fps for ACC, I would be disappointed.

As for your question, that says for DLSS. I thought ACC wasn’t using DLSS.