1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Off Topic - HOTAS Mounting

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by mike reynolds, Nov 11, 2019.

1. mike reynolds

mike reynolds Hardcore Simmer

Hi all

Thinking of giving flight sims a go.... just wondering if anyone as come up with ingenious ways of temporarily mounting a HOTAS set up to their 8020 cockpit?

TIA

Mike

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    ACC General Discussions Off topic for Kunos Devs May 29, 2019
    Chit Chat Room off-topic: frequent PC crashes / BSOD - any help? Apr 15, 2017
    Console Lounge [Off-Topic] Dirt Rally wheel settings? Anyone? Jan 19, 2017
    Chit Chat Room [Off-Topic] - Help with Google Chrome Oct 29, 2016
    Chit Chat Room Totally off topic: one motorhead is gone forever Dec 29, 2015
    Chit Chat Room 2015 spa 24 hours official discussion topic Jul 23, 2015
    Chit Chat Room Sorry for an offtopic thread... Jun 6, 2015
    Chit Chat Room I know this is off-topic but i really need some help on blocking on ads Dec 3, 2014
    Chit Chat Room Off topic Aug 21, 2014
    Chit Chat Room Multiplayer Discussions & Off Topic - forum sections? May 1, 2014
    Chit Chat Room Offtopic Chit Chat: Dec 15, 2013
    Bug reports Lap 0 Laptime is way off! Multiplayer Server Mar 17, 2024
    ACC General Discussions An official Assetto Corsa discord server please. (iracing, raceroom, and gt7 has one) Mar 16, 2024
    ACC Online Leagues / Championships room ACC Official Server higher requirement Jan 30, 2024
    ACC Multiplayer Servers are offline Jan 27, 2024

3. Atak_Kat

Atak_Kat Simracer

Well, I recently did that, actually (assuming you are referring to the Thrustmaster HOTAS). No pics, but:
    - I have the SimLab P1
    - I don't use the shifter mount pieces that came with the rig, so, the short 40/40 piece is perfect to use to put the joystick on. The short 40/40 piece goes straight down from the joystick, and I have it mounted to the cross-members that are underneath the seat. So the joystick mount comes straight up between your legs and the joystick sits on top. When I'm not using the joystick, I remove the stick (thrustmaster HOTAS the stick just unscrews) and the base sits just in front and slightly below the level of my seat. The base on it's own (without joystick attached) does not interfere or cause problems with my legs when I'm driving. When flying, the stick is directly in front of the seat in the middle. Can be raised or lowered pretty easily if needed, but so far I haven't needed to do that.
    - When driving, I unscrew the joystick and put it away. When flying, I remove the steering wheel, but leave the base mounted and there's no interference or issue (DD1 PS4 version)
    - for the throttle mount, I just used the other longer shifter mount piece and attached it to the main upright of the frame. Exactly the same as it was intended as a shifter mount, but without the short piece (so it ends up looking like the GT1 Evo cockpit, without the supporting piece at the back). It's more solid than you think it would be. The HOTAS throttle has 4x mounting holes, but I just use 2 of them, and attach to the shifter mount with a couple of regular t-nuts. Tighten them down and it's pretty solid.

Sorry hard to describe, and not able to post pictures for a few days. But definitely is possible, and works quite well for me.

mike reynolds likes this.
  4. mike reynolds

Thanks @Atak_Kat … no rush but if you could pop up a picture when you get a chance that would be great

I have the GT1 evo from sim labs, but will need to get a couple more bits of alu extrusion so need to get the design right before I order!

5. Atak_Kat

Atak_Kat Simracer

Hopefully these poor pics help you.
    - my seat is on a slider, so that helps get the right position when either driving or flying.
    - the flight-stick base looks more intrusive in the photos, than it really is. When driving I have my seat right up against the base, and I have zero issue with it bothering me while driving. If it would, I could easily lower it a bit to be below the seat (might be different for you, because I think the P1 has much taller side rails, and mine is also on casters so this creates a bit of height. I can lower that piece that the stick-base is on quite a bit before it hits the floor.
    - I think the throttle mount is pretty simple. Keep in mind I don't use a shifter (only the paddles, at least for now). I think would work much the same on GT1 chassis, but if you also have a shifter, might cause some complexity.

20191112_184926.jpg 20191112_185004.jpg 20191112_185152.jpg 20191112_185241.jpg

6. mike reynolds

Nice....very helpful, and makes me think the warthog is the way to go

I guess that’s the Xmas present from the wife sorted....and as is she didn’t think I was nerdy enough already!

Thanks @Atak_Kat

7. Atak_Kat

Atak_Kat Simracer

Warthog is quite good, but here's few things I found with it:
    - damn expensive. I found mine on a local buy/sell site. Perfect condition and much less $. Solid, solid, metal.
    - the green lights on the throttle panel are really bright. You can dim them in the software, but when you restart the PC they go back to full brightness. I usually unplug it when not using it because the lights are a bit too bright for my liking. Also you cannot change the colour, only green.
    - the stick itself, is good. Really solid. The grip is metal, not plastic. But check some videos about the 'stiction' issue some people have with them. I can feel it on mine. Its seriously not a big issue for a casual flyer, but if you were really serious it might annoy you. Can be fixed with a bit of time and do-it-yourself (lots of videos show how). Anyway, doesn't bother me so far.

Still planning to do 2 small things. I'm going to get a M10? tap so that I can tap threads into the centre channel of the extrusions. This will make it easier to put a mounting plate directly on-top of the short 40/40 piece, instead of the way I have it now. Also, the mounting plate under the joystick is somewhat of a mixture of scraps I had lying around.... so I will make a better/cleaner one.
    Otherwise it works very well. I don't have flight pedals though.....

Check out also Virpil and VKB online. Still learning, but looks like they have some nice stuff to consider.
    Virpil sells sticks and extensions that are compatible with the Warthog. I think I'm going to get an extension for the stick, and actually mount my base a bit lower. That way the base would be below the seat level, and with the stick removed you wouldn't even know it was there.

mike reynolds likes this.