1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Official BTCC Tyre Test 2016

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by Shaun Clarke, Jul 1, 2016.

1. Shaun Clarke

Shaun Clarke Alien

Attended Snetterton yesterday, for the official tyre test and got really up close, which was great.

Thought I would share this, all the video I took from the day

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    ACC General Discussions An official Assetto Corsa discord server please. (iracing, raceroom, and gt7 has one) Mar 16, 2024
    ACC Online Leagues / Championships room ACC Official Server higher requirement Jan 30, 2024
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions Create Public Server, or Class Specific Official Servers Dec 3, 2023
    ACC Graphics - Tracks and Cars How to get official Ferrari 296 livery Nov 26, 2023
    ACC General Discussions Can we get an official announcement on the servers constantly crashing? Nov 4, 2023
    ACC Gameplay Grid Composition in Official Championships Jul 19, 2022
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions The Official GT World Challenge game... Mar 4, 2022
    ACC Multiplayer Wrecker in Official server Jan 2, 2022
    ACC User Interface Own Livery in Race [trying to use custom skin in official event] Nov 9, 2020
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions Official Release Date For GT4 On Console? Sep 21, 2020
    ACC Multiplayer if xbox gets pages and pages of official servers why can't pc use more for better organised racing? Aug 9, 2020
    ACC General Discussions 911gt3 cup and lamborghini ST official liveries Jul 15, 2020
    ACC Multiplayer Lost connection to the Official Competition Server... Jul 10, 2020
    ACC Multiplayer official racing conditions and weather Jun 16, 2020
    Multiplayer Bugs & Issues Official server problems and CP drop Jun 9, 2020

3. Mogster

Mogster Alien

Nice video.

It'd be great to have a few BTCC cars in AC. After all, if we can have LMP1, Porsche and F1 why not the BTCC?

nivadepi and Tim Meuris like this.
  4. Ben Lee

Ben Lee Alien

The licensing costs are huge. As much as I like the BTCC, I feel there are likely better value for money licences out there.

5. Mogster

Mogster Alien

I'm not sure how the licencing works, I'm not suggesting a series BTCC licence, just a couple of cars.

If Kunos wanted to licence just the Eurotech Civic or WSR BMW 125i then presumably they'd be able to do that? I suppose the FIA TCR cars would probably be easier to licence, but I'd prefer BTCC cars.

Tim Meuris likes this.
  6. Ben Lee

Ben Lee Alien

I guess its possible that licencing a single car would be cheaper, doesn't rFactor 2 have the Honda Civic as official content? Someone I speak to at race meetings in the UK mentioned that a rival race sim company had enquired about licencing the BTCC as a series, but the costs were astronomical to even be considered feasible. That probably explains why the BTCC hasn't appeared as a "series" in a sim for some time.

7. Rolf Kazamba

Rolf Kazamba Simracer

Actually, we will see them in AC... not on an official basis, though. ;)

Guidofoc, Mogster and Shaun Clarke like this.
  8. Shaun Clarke

Shaun Clarke Alien

Really, where did you read that Rolf :D:p:D

As Ben said, it is who has the biggest bargaining tool, which I know Kunos are not like that, as I have enquired. Forza 6 Apex has a couple (Merc and Audi) if that is "your rival" you mentioned. Regarding License, I will clear this up, as I also got confused. When a company gains a license, it is for that car only. They need to obtain a license for each car, not the manufactuer. As I said to the person that gave me the info, you have the Ford License, you have the Honda License, but alas, not, only license for that car. Shame, but like Rolf said.....the truth is out there :D

Rolf Kazamba likes this.
  9. Well, it depends on the type of license...you can either have a per-car license (which is typical), or like Lotus in AC, have a pretty much unrestricted brand license (meaning you can pretty much make any of their cars that you want). Besides that there are the series licenses, like F1, which allow you to produce every car within a racing series of a given year, without the need to get specific car licenses (that's why we're allowed to have Ferrari F1's in AC, or why Forza had the Lotus F1 - the Codemasters deal is an exclusive F1 license, not an exclusive license for every car within the series).

Shaun Clarke likes this.
  10. Tim Meuris

Tim Meuris Simracer

Man, these cars in ac would be epic. Very popular online choice as well i think.
    and much more suited for the racing ac can offer due to it's engine limitations

11. Yami

Yami Racer

I do not like F1/Open wheels, I don't like GT3s GT2s but I would love to race in BTCC, so it would be amazing for me.

Tim Meuris likes this.
  12. pigsy

pigsy Racer

More Group A. Ford Sierra and Nissan Skyline would be nice to round out a full field of Group A from the 80's.

Pirro likes this.
  13. Coanda

Coanda Alien

id rather have aussie V8SC

14. Tim Meuris

Tim Meuris Simracer

same here mate
    if i saw how popular touring cars were in race07 it's imo a nobrainer to include these babies

Pirro and Mogster like this.
  15. Guidofoc

Guidofoc Alien

16. Shaun Clarke

Shaun Clarke Alien

@Guidofoc unfortunately house rules state I am not allowed to talk / mention / show any content (Video or Pictures) here on the AC Forums, and I have been squeaky clean for years, so would not want to mess that up.

You could always find me on steam @fordman3010

17. Shaun Clarke

Shaun Clarke Alien

Thought I would share this. AC with VR.....and it's not mine, but blew me away

Tim Meuris and Rolf Kazamba like this.
  18. chakko

chakko Alien

I was checking this forum, looking if i could get some info about upcoming touring cars in AC, or ask myself, if there are plans to do a touring car pack or something, then i found this thread. Nice stuff. :) Thrilled to see how these cars feel. Frankly, i'm not very fond of most mods, so i hope this will be a bit better than the mods i tried. Not too fond of rFactor 2 either, so maybe need to lower my expectations a bit. Don't want to talk this down, or make it bad withouth even having tried it, just from my general experience with mods. I just think the works content of AC is very good compared to those, and i sincerely hope that some modders are able to get to that quality. Maybe this will be one mod which lives up to it.

Tim Meuris likes this.
  19. Shaun Clarke

Shaun Clarke Alien

18th July 2016

Rolf Kazamba likes this.
  20. Psit

Psit Alien

Great news... missing some nice FWD action in AC :)

Shaun Clarke likes this.
  21. I bet audi tt cup could come for next update, and yes, it's fwd

Sent using Tapatalk