PS4 Old cars wheel rotation

Discussion in 'Bug reports' started by Alex1996, Feb 13, 2018.

1. Alex1996

Alex1996 Gamer

After the last update, there’s still the same problem with wheel rotation with some old cars.
    If I make a 180-degree rotation with my wheel, I see a 225-degree rotation in game. It’s very annoying while driving.
    I selected PS4 prefix but there could be the same issue on Xbox.
    My wheel is Logitech G29.
    Thanks your support.

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    Chit Chat Room 22 - cars - AC engine or my old pc? Jul 18, 2017
    Chit Chat Room 50's and older grand prix cars licensing Jul 6, 2017
    Chit Chat Room Paddle shift cars not blipping on downshifts anymore and slowing down old formula cars. May 24, 2017
    Bug reports Cars don't brake if loading an old setup! Feb 14, 2017
    Chit Chat Room Improvements in old cars? Dec 23, 2016
    Chit Chat Room Getting good with old cars Oct 28, 2016
    Physics Bugs & Issues Will older AWD cars get updated to AWD2? Oct 11, 2016
    Chit Chat Room (Setup Question) Monza, the 'old' DTM-Cars and the RF-Tire May 26, 2016
    Chit Chat Room Old driver suits in new cars? May 20, 2016
    Chit Chat Room Small teaser of our local circuit Zolder and Classic f1 cars this weekend Apr 8, 2016
    General modding discussion (Fixed by deleting AC folder in documents) AI won't move in manual gearbox operated cars Jan 25, 2016
    Sounds modding Original content's sound banks as placeholder for modded cars: how to? Jan 2, 2016
    Physics Bugs & Issues Old dtm cars don't speed up Dec 16, 2015
    General modding discussion [tip] external cars/tracks folder with symbolic links Dec 11, 2015
    Audio Bugs & Issues Balance of new dlc vs old content cars in race Oct 10, 2015

3. imoutodesu

imoutodesu Rookie

That's because your Logitech wheel only has 900 degrees of rotation while many old cars have 1080 or sometimes even more.
    If it was 1:1 you couldn't really use the full rotation on the car, because your wheel has less so that's why it's scaled.
    Hope that makes sense to you.

Alex1996 likes this.
  4. Alex1996

Alex1996 Gamer

Yes, I thought the same.
    I hoped to have the possibility to choose to drive with my real rotation as I’m used to modern cars and this behavior with old cars drives me crazy (and I never turn completely my wheel). So I guess that Thrustmaster’s users don’t suffer from this “issue” (if I can call it issue).
    Thank you for your answer!