1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Onboard transmission sound

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by Haakonen, Apr 2, 2015.

1. Haakonen

Haakonen Gamer

Hi everyone, don't you think that the sound of the transmission in the gt3/gt2 and in the other track car is too low? i mean, 2 weeks ago i had the fortune to make a lap in one of those and the sound of the transmission is nearly louder than the engine, (check some onboard videos on youtube if you don't have any clue), but ingame is barely hearable..

this video for instance:

Bailey likes this.

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    Chit Chat Room Hot-key/Input to save Onboard perspective settings Aug 19, 2022
    General modding discussion How to change Onboard FOV with python Mar 12, 2022
    Troubleshooting - Workarounds Cannot write to: camera_onboard.ini Dec 5, 2021
    Chit Chat Room How to change position of an onboard camera permanently for a car or mod? Mar 17, 2021
    ACC Audio onboard shifting sounds 720S Mar 5, 2021
    ACC Screenshots & Videos The best onboard camera ever! Man this looks like Assetto Corsa Competizione! Mar 11, 2020
    Audio Bugs & Issues Sound Mod WIP, Stuttering issue in the onboard sounds... Jun 11, 2019
    ACC Gameplay Is there are way to make the onboard replay cams static? May 30, 2019
    Troubleshooting - Workarounds Cant change my onboard settings!!! (normal Assetto Corsa) Apr 8, 2019
    ACC General Discussions Lambo onboard cam on Monza Mar 30, 2019
    ACC User Interface Onboard camera after replay misaligned. Mar 29, 2019
    ACC User Interface Onboard cameras Sep 12, 2018
    ACC General Discussions Onboard gameplay video pls Kunos Jun 13, 2018
    Sounds modding Tips to extract Gearbox whine from IRL onboard videos? Mar 24, 2018
    Graphics and Models/Tracks Bugs & Issues camera_onboard_free Mar 16, 2018

3. Madsen

Madsen Hardcore Simmer

yes nice but then ppl start to complain theres no engine sound :rolleyes: ;)

St3fan, Haakonen and Mogster like this.
  4. Mogster

Mogster Alien

I'd hardly say the in game transmission whine is barely audible. In fact I think the in game Z4 GT3 sounds very like that video except the engine is a bit louder. I have decent speakers, maybe that makes a difference?

As Masden says people wouldn't be happy if they couldn't hear the engine...

5. Haakonen

Haakonen Gamer

ahah yeah, that's what i've thought too, but if this is a simulator, it must simulate ;)

Yes, actually the z4 has the most accurate sound in the gt class :)

somake likes this.
  6. Madsen

Madsen Hardcore Simmer

wtf :D;)

Mogster likes this.
  7. PAKFA

PAKFA Alien

Looks like the OP needs to check the sound modding section of the forums, here you go @Haakonen > https://www.assettocorsa.net/forum/index.php?threads/bmw-z4-gt3-sound-mod-v1-5-update.21067/

Waiting for Kunos to raise the bar on their car sounds is a slow-boring-face-wrinkling-aging process... you have better chances spotting grass grow. :rolleyes:

You're disappointed by the Z4 GT3 sounds, funny those are actually some of Kunos bests, but nevertheless Fonzy's mod is even better. What you (and everyone else) should be disappointed about is the underwhelmingly muted and unexciting sounds of the new Sauber C9, what a disservice they done to that amazing car in the sound department... :(

Off topic:
    If you only knew how many times and how many people fail to spell my 5 letter nickname...

8. Quffy

Quffy Alien

But that's onboard sound you are talking about. Track replay cameras does the job about what you said. (track cams, not chase cam, cause that's onboard sound too).

This sounds similar to the game:

Mogster likes this.
  9. Mogster

Mogster Alien

Compared with the video above I can't really see too much of problem with Kunos's onboard sound, it's very similar. The engine is louder, the transmission whine is a bit more muted, but as with the Z4 people want a big engine sound.

10. Quffy

Quffy Alien

About transmission sounds, I also agree. It needs more stuff/effects/samples to it. Car sounds in AC seem well enough accurate and simulated, but real life has more complete range. In the game vs real life this is mostly noted on up/down shifting, throttle lift off, some braking with downshifting, and when tapping the gas pedal a few times to correct corner speed in some situations, related to transmission.

Last edited: Apr 2, 2015
  11. PAKFA

PAKFA Alien

Yes, the internals Kunos C9 sounds are exactly like the ones in that video, which is a very bad video quality (and audio). If that was the aim for them to represent bad audio quality videos on youtube then they succeeded.

Here is a better video of the C9:

And an even better one for the C11 which has exactly the same engine:

I'm sorry, but the C9 in game sounds like ****, both internals and externals. At the very least they could have made it a little louder, but that would have fixed only the volume issue, not the entire different sounds issue.

P.S. I've been talking to Fonsecker trying to help him get started on a sound mod for this great car.

12. Quffy

Quffy Alien

Yes I liked I said, cars are missing (better) transmission sound simulation.

For example mercedes sls road and gt3, and shelby cobra have nicer/better transmission sounds.

Last edited: Apr 2, 2015
  13. @ Pafka I'm not sure the sound you consider better is the more realistic sound.....That video you put up looks like it was recorded with a GoPro or something alike. These cams are not known for quality sound. Even with external mics it's hard to capture the sound the cars properly. The best sound I ever recorded was with an old digital camcorder.

That one is spot on.

On the other hand

This one does give you the general feel of what the car sounds like, but the GoPro we used mostly focusses on the loudest sound there is. With my GoPro it's as if there is only 10% of all sound nuances coming through. And everything either to bassy or too pitchy. So Everything else is put into the background.

14. PAKFA

PAKFA Alien

I never said those videos I linked are the best sounds, I said they are better than that linked by Quffy and the Kunos sounds. I'm well aware of the downsides of GoPro recordings, but between 2 bad sounds, I chose the least bad one. In other words my example although having it's flaws is better.

Btw you can expect a sound mod based on those and similar sounds soon™. Then when you hear them in game, see if I'm right or not.

15. Well, I'd love to have a rumbles and pops and tranny wine and V8 sound in my Diesel Skoda as well. But does it make that Skoda more realistic? Well......

16. PAKFA

PAKFA Alien

I believe the correct answer to that is: the truth is somewhere in the middle. ;)

17. Mogster

Mogster Alien

I think this is coming down to which sounds you prefer.

To me rather than a twin turbo V8 the C9 sounds like a lawnmower in those vids you posted Pakfa, no base just treble and tranny whine. I agree the Kunos sounds could do with a bit more detail in the transmission but overall I prefer the engine sound.

18. PAKFA

PAKFA Alien

That is very easy to fix actually if you use the samples from that video, because they are cleaner and higher quality than those of the video Quffy posted. All you need to do when you make the sound mod is lower the transmission whine volume and add some bass to the engine sample, because the samples are higher quality they won't get spoiled and sound synthetically by doing some slight adjustments, but the contrary will sound better.

You can do that (modifications) with good samples, but not with bad ones. If I were to make the mod I would use those sounds and make the according modifications to make them sound even closer to reality and better. No one says you have to match a video's sound 100% if it has some missing tones.

Fonsecker told me when he comes back from vacation will give it a go at doing a mod for this car. I'm sure that he can make it sound better than vanilla, because like I said the vanilla sounds are underwhelming and missing a lot.

19. Speedster911

Speedster911 Gamer

I found this post while Googling sound issues on Xbox One, specifically the LaFerrari.

The trans whine is loud and ear-piercing like a striped to the bone GT race car. The engine is kind of mute and quiet in cockpit, the backfires and downshifting effects are also quiet. I remember seeing videos of the LaF on PC, and everything felt right: the trans whine, the motor revving, loud pops and backfires, aggressive downshifting effects, etc.

Same problem with others: 599XX, Zonda R, Huracan, etc. The trans whine is just too loud in cockpit and the engine sounds weak with really mute downshifting effects. It makes me want to turn the volume down.