1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

PS4 One for the wheel experts

Discussion in 'Steering wheels discussions' started by Bibbles, Sep 17, 2016.

1. Bibbles

Bibbles Simracer

Guys I'm looking into getting a wheel kit but Im very clueless.

My needs are it must be compatible for Assetto Corsa and Pcars must be 3 pedals and have forced feed back , but Im on a budget.

Suggestions welcome.

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    ACC Controls & Peripherals Steering Wheel skipping first 10% Mar 30, 2024
    ACC Hardware Discussions Problem with G29 steering wheel Mar 17, 2024
    ACC Controls & Peripherals Better FFB in ACC for low-medium range wheels? Dec 10, 2023
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions Is it possible to hide steering wheel on XSX? Nov 26, 2023
    ACC Controls & Peripherals Faantec DD1 wheel oscillates through turns Nov 4, 2023
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions Xbox steering wheel support Aug 9, 2023
    Controllers and Peripherals Bugs & Issues Strange bheavior on Sterling wheel Jul 31, 2023
    Physics Bugs & Issues Strange steer wheel behiavor Jul 31, 2023
    ACC Graphics - Tracks and Cars Invisible steering wheel/driver and greyed out button Jul 23, 2023
    ACC Graphics - Tracks and Cars Bentley GT3 Animated steering wheel not moving Jun 23, 2023
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions ACC doesn't recognise G29 wheel Jun 4, 2023
    ACC Hardware Discussions I've about given up on my Thrustmaster TX wheel ever being seen by ACC :( Jun 4, 2023
    ACC Controls & Peripherals v1.9 Game fps decrease at 0 fps when I turn on the steering wheel May 11, 2023
    ACC Physics [1.9] 4 wheel drifts have no FFB Apr 23, 2023
    ACC Graphics - Tracks and Cars Ferrari 296 steering wheel animation Apr 20, 2023

3. EMW SMILER

EMW SMILER Hardcore Simmer

Don't eat yellow snow - and good luck hunting - I think the TMX Thrustmaster is compat and cheapish , not sure

4. Graveltrap

Graveltrap Alien

It's not like you have a lot of choice! Budget option is Logitech G29 can be found for less then 200 GBP comes with 3 pedal set up out of the box. Stick shifter is an extra...

Next up would be the Thrustmaster T300RS, comes with a two pedal set as standard, but they offer upgrades...t3pa or t3pa pro pedals to get a clutch, shifter is extra as well.

The best deal to get is the Alcantara edition if you can find one, includes a nice Ferrari branded wheel and T3pa pedals, won't be cheap though, stick shifter is still extra...

They also do a cheaper T150 wheel, you still need to upgrade pedals and get the shifter.

Bibbles, bradleyland and EMW SMILER like this.
  5. Greg7272

Greg7272 Gamer

T500RS.

Tomcul likes this.
  6. Gevatter

Gevatter Alien

The T300RS is said to be a really nice wheel for its price, I'm actually lookin ginto getting one myself until I can afford something more ferocious. I don't know your budget, but you shouldn't ge too low. You'll regret buying a budget wheel. Maybe look for a used G25 or G27?

7. Duster24

Duster24 Simracer

Bibbles, check Gamestop, I seen that they have the Thrustmaster T150 work the 3 pedals for 250.00 dollars here in the U.S.

Bibbles and Keith Quinn like this.
  8. Pistonprick

Pistonprick Rookie

I had the t100 and did a slight upgrade to the t150 and t3pa pro pedals , happy with the wheel for the money much smoother than the t100 and compatible with pcars , assetto corsa and dirt rally

9. bradleyland

bradleyland Hardcore Simmer

^^ This!

Your options are basically G29 or T300 Ferrari Alcantara edition.

10. L2D_Gopher

L2D_Gopher Racer

I love my t300 Ferrari alcantara with the shifter I had a g27 abd lived it but the t300 feels so much better

11. Kubr0

Kubr0 Racer

if your budget is limited to roughly 300€ / $ I would recommend the G29 (+ clutch), thats the cheapest option and is compatible both with PC & PS4 and can be used for both pCars & AC. You can't get any cheaper then this (new) if PS4 compatibility is required and you want to have the clutch too.

Bibbles likes this.
  12. Bibbles

Bibbles Simracer

Cheers guys , I can go up to around £300 to start with.

13. Graveltrap

Graveltrap Alien

Your firmly in Logitech territory, G29 can be got for 180 quid, add the shifter for 50 and you are good to go...

Put what's left towards a wheel stand or rig...

L2D_Gopher likes this.
  14. Bibbles

Bibbles Simracer

Thanks buddy , will that be compatible with Pcars and dirt as well ?

15. TitzonToast

TitzonToast Simracer

Get the T300 man. The G29 uses a gear based ffb system that went out with the Indians.

Skemekos123, Jebus and Ace Pumpkin like this.
  16. L2D Godzilla

L2D Godzilla Racer

Misinformation and highly debateable...

"I work in the field of driving simulation (and no, not for Logitech.) The source you quoted above says:
    ” – No Belts
    – No Brushless Motor
    – No Hall Effect Sensor
    – No Detachable wheel”

Lets take a closer look at these:

He might have a point on the belts, it depends. For example, the Thrustmaster uses belts and their T300RS cogging is far more pronounced but not nearly as “gritty” as the G27/G29 rack design.

No brushless motor. Seriously? Brushless motors are all the rage right now and they are more efficient (by a margin that probably no would care about in a device like this) but they have some serious downside as well. Cogging is usually worse and torque ripple, a phenomenon that is like cogging is much worse than with brushed motors.

No Hall Effect Sensor? Ok, this is where the guy really shows his hand. Optical encoders like that used in the G27/G29 offer substantially more benefit. Not having a hall effect sensor is *better* not worse.

No detachable wheel? What would be the point of this? The only reason for a detachable wheel is to provide alternative wheels for the same base, which Logitech doesn’t provide. OK, now I could see that complaint perhaps but then it should have been stated as such.

That source you sited is probably best just removed as they really don’t have much of a clue. Although I do agree, the G29 is probably not worth the entirely new model number and price tag to go along with it considering the minor improvements that have been made. Logitech did put together a video outlining other internal design changes they have made and though worth mentioning they are more akin to a hardware rev than a whole new model. Now, if they had only found a way to eliminate the grit in the feel of their wheel, and supported sickly high update rates (say in the kHz range) over USB 3.0/3.1 then we’d be talking new model number.

— Just Somebody"

The G29 is definitely the lowest price of all wheels you should look at. I wouldn't touch anything under a t300 from thrustmaster from personal experience.

17. TitzonToast

TitzonToast Simracer

@ L2D

What?!

You've copied and pasted a reply from someone to someone else.
    It makes very little sense in relation to what I've posted.

What am I missing here?

TeKnO-_-91 likes this.
  18. River Ruckus

River Ruckus Simracer

I have had my G29 for a year now, upgraded from a Logitech Formula Force GP (which did me 15 years of good service up until and including Gran Turismo 6) and I am pretty pleased overall for what I ended up paying (350€ including the shifter). I love the leather rim, brushed steel paddles, the pedals are superb, force feedback is pretty good and strong enough for my liking. Some of the buttons are a bit finicky (L3 and R3) and the red dial is too unresponsive to be of any real use, but those are minor flaws for me. If it is only close to the longevity and durability of my previous one, then I am going to have years of fun with this wheel.

Of course it works with the likes of PCars, DriveClub, Dirt Rally, F1 2016, and presumeably pretty much every other racing game on the PS4 (as will Thrustmaster´s wheels I guess). PCars wheel setup is a little tiresome, because once you have done the global force feedback settings you have to additionally set up the wheel for every car individually to get a good feel, use Jack Spade spreadsheats for that, they´re awesome (I use the Fy+SopLateral builds).

As for the Thrustmaster wheels: I have tried the T300 briefly, and while it definitely seems to have better force feedback (read: more natural feeling, ´specially in wheight transitions), there is one major thing that bothers me about it: it has a fan. And it blows. I hate fans. Deal breaker. Otherwise awesome wheel. Love the idea of interchangeable rims and the mix and match philosophy of their peripherals (if you have the spare change). The Alcantara bundle really seems like a great value though.

Last edited: Sep 18, 2016
    Traks1 likes this.
  19. bradleyland

bradleyland Hardcore Simmer

Bibbles, this happens any time someone asks about wheels :) The truth is that both the G29 and the T300RS are great wheels. They both have their pros and cons, and it really comes down to personal preference and budget when choosing one for yourself.

My priorities just happened to have pushed me in the direction of the T300RS. Your priorities may be different. The biggest factor is budget. The base T300RS does not include a three pedal set, so the G29 fits your budget. Don't let people scare you away from the G29 because of their preferences. Look at the differences yourself and decide what matters most to you :)

20. Mauler_77

Mauler_77 Racer

I bought a T300 back in 2014 and have had no problems with it whatsoever. There weren't any official PS4 Logitech wheels at the time so my choices were T100 or T300. Almost got the T100 but so glad I spent the extra.

A year later I bought the Alcantara 599 rim, which is excellent, and just 2 months ago I upgraded to the T3PA Pro pedals. They're obviously much better than the stock ones but I ran the stock ones for around 18 months and still had great fun, so you could always upgrade the pedals later. I wanted the new rim first personally.

I'm actually glad the G29 wasn't around at the time or I'd have a headache over the choice as you do now.

Bigdaddy9699 and River Ruckus like this.
  21. River Ruckus

River Ruckus Simracer

Pretty much sums it up :) To be honest, I really don´t know which one I would have chosen had I seen the T300 Alcantara bundle alongside the discounted G29 last year.

bradleyland likes this.