1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

PS4 One for the wheel experts

Discussion in 'Steering wheels discussions' started by Bibbles, Sep 17, 2016.

1. L2D Godzilla

L2D Godzilla Racer

You said that the tech is obsolete, what i copied is from someone who actually knows a thing or two about the tech, what do you have to back up your claim?

I went through this same dilemma the day before AC released here, with gopher telling me how great the t300 was and it being so much better than his g27. I did my own research, never seen a defective logi, seen far too many thrustmaster issues. I've had logi since ps2 and never been let down. So for the price difference - $399aud for g29 and shifter and AC was much more logical to me compared to $600 aud for t300 alcantara(only one worth getting imo) with no shifter, no AC and weak looking pedals(thrustmaster's cheap 3 pedal setup looks like the quality of their two pedal set-ugggh).

Last edited: Sep 18, 2016
  2. xtro

xtro Gamer

just dont go with anything cheaper than a t300 or g29

personally I have a t300 RS + th8a and T3ps pedals (clutch) ... + wheel stand pro to hold everything together... it's a bit of an investment but well worth it if you are serious about driving sims. I tried the t150 and returned it 2 days later (feels like a toy)

L2D Godzilla likes this.
  3. L2D Godzilla

L2D Godzilla Racer

Exactly what I expected out of the T150, I had two of the 458 spider wheels for xbox 1, I couldn't imagine the tech in it being that great for it's price and other than the high quality rubber coating which is personal preference as most prefer leather/alcantara of the more expensive wheels they were horrible and made me never look at anything thrustmaster that wasn't top of the line, even still...

4. Clippy

Clippy Rookie

T300,T3PA Pedals and the Th8A shifter is a great combination, but with a caveat. The T300 is flawed, I will be on my 3rd wheel (the previous 2 failing with violent calibration and FFB loss) and at present going through the RTM process. I had a G27 which was loved and bulletproof, but was, now viewed in hindsight, clunky and had that deadzone. Not unlike the G29 apparently.
    The TM support is thorough and responsive, but the 8 weeks lost during the replacement process (both during a league season) and the lack of confidence in what the wheel will next do when turned on, has me re thinking my options.
    When it works, it's great. But ....

5. L2D Godzilla

L2D Godzilla Racer

Yeah too many horror stories about them for me especially when I live in Australia so shipping would probably be weeks more than most of the world also. The G25/G27 did have the big deadzone issue I will admit but it was game dependent I feel as some games actually didn't have as much deadzone as others or actually had a deadzone setting that worked on the wheel to the point you could dial it out almost completely but some games like gt sorely needed some finer settings.

The G29 does still have the deadzone as far as i'm aware due to the hardware it uses(the gears cause it I believe) but the software on PS4 is greatly improved over previous consoles and it shows with how much better the g29 feels than the g25/27 felt on ps3 or PC to me in the past titles. The only thing that I feel is equal or worse on the G29 now is the clutter of buttons on the wheel face, but the thrustmaster is the same. We need button mapping so bad, with multiple peripheral input so we can use a keyboard or controller for our handbrake setups.

Leeban183 likes this.
  6. Graveltrap

Graveltrap Alien

The T3pa pedals (non pro) are fine, possibly a little too much dead zone in the initial travel, but they do the job :) So glad I went down the 3 pedal and a stick route!

My biggest complaint about the t300 is that the wheel can flex enough to trigger random button presses which suck big time whilst in the middle of an online race!

Build quality is a bit ropey for what is seen as a premium product (for a PlayStation), I've had the wheel in bits several times, broken paddle shifter hinges, and a bad connections, I also had to take the base to bits to solve another connector issue.

Not used a G29, I had a DFGT for years and years though, so long I think I wore out the potentiometers in the pedals!

I think the OP would be happy with either but the G29 best fits the available budget for the three pedals and a stick, to get that with a T300rs you are looking at another 200 odd quid on top of the wheelbase.

7. 2pfspiff

2pfspiff Rookie

If you are on a budget then get the T150 for the PS4. You will need to get the T3PA pedals later on at $99 Us dollars. You can get the G29, but it is basically a G27 with an updated body. I think the G27 will work with the PS4 but you will have to research. The T150 is a budget base wheel off of the T300. You can swap the pedals, but not the rim. The T300 uses a brushless motor and allows for rim and pedal swap. If you can afford it then get the T300 and update the pedals later. Thats what I did along with the 599 Alcantra wheel. I also added a Ricmotech load cell to my T3PA pro pedals. The load cell is way better then the Pointometer that comes with the standard T3PA pro pedals.

T150 Amazon UK: https://www.amazon.co.uk/Thrustmast...1?ie=UTF8&qid=1474242461&sr=8-1&keywords=T150
    T300 Amazon UK: https://www.amazon.co.uk/Thrustmast...1?ie=UTF8&qid=1474242511&sr=8-1&keywords=T300
    G29 Amazon UK: https://www.amazon.co.uk/Logitech-D...UOVBZK/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1474242511&sr=8

8. L2D Godzilla

L2D Godzilla Racer

The pointometer?

Mr.Mugel likes this.
  9. 2pfspiff

2pfspiff Rookie

I may have spelled it wrong. I meant the Potentiometer which measure travel over pressure.

10. Mauler_77

Mauler_77 Racer

Yeah the random button presses are weird. In pCARS I used to get a lot of random share button presses and even the home button every now and then which was really annoying during a race.
    The only one I've been getting in AC is the dpad, as every now and then the brake bias HUD pops up when I haven't pressed it.

bradleyland likes this.
  11. Roble

Roble Gamer

Do you have the wheel stand pro with the pole between your legs? If so I also had that one, nothing wrong with it, worked well for me. I recently "upgraded"(i think its actually cheaper) to the gt omega wheel stand with an almost saw bench like setup. It has improved my times no end and I feel ten times more confident on the pedals as I have no pole between my legs.

12. bradleyland

bradleyland Hardcore Simmer

I've noticed exactly the same. I originally thought it was the wheel moving around enough that the connector registered false signals, but because of the difference in behavior between pCARS and AC, I wonder if it isn't something else. Either way, it's strange, and definitely falls in the "con" column for Thrustmaster products. It's not enough to cause me to make a different choice — because I really, really prefer the larger wheel size — of the Ferrari Alcantara wheel (30 cm), but it's something that people should definitely consider when making the decision :)

13. TeKnO-_-91

TeKnO-_-91 Racer

Sorry but thats not very positive thinking is it pal, i know people who use t150 and can drive just aswell if not miles better than someone on a t300 or higher. For the price its a really good entry wheel and its not the wheel that makes you a good or bad driver, hell give me an old sring operated wheel with no force feedback and i bet i could piss all over someone with a t300 or higher. (i also use t300) so i'm just saying in my opinion the wheel isn't the most important part its the stig that operates it ;)

14. bradleyland

bradleyland Hardcore Simmer

There are many reasons to avoid wheels that are cheaper than a T300RS or G29 that have nothing to do with turning fast lap times. IMO, it's not bad advice to save up for a T300RS or G29 rather than buying something like a T150, not because it will make you faster, but because the product is better quality and will deliver more enjoyment.

Of course, if the only thing that fits someone's budget is a T150, there's no reason to be ashamed of that, or to look down on anybody. I agree with you there :) It's not nice, nor does it make any sense, because as you pointed out, it's the "driver mod" that delivers the most speed! :)

xtro and TeKnO-_-91 like this.
  15. TeKnO-_-91

TeKnO-_-91 Racer

yeh he's a real mister know it all, i had an argument with him a while ago over something else he nearly got us both band. And if you see this godzilla dont bother starting another one.

16. xtro

xtro Gamer

I think I will do the same as you at some point once I have a dedicated room where I can setup a proper rig... i'm not crazy about the pole either and the cables running around my legs but the good thing about it is that it can be stored away pretty easily. For a my very first semi-serious setup it's good and it's perfect with this ikea chair... finally I have a good reason to use it!

17. xtro

xtro Gamer

thanks bradleyland for answering this one first. i wouldn't have said it better. but yes I obviously didnt mean to offend t150/tmx owners. i was only talking about the build quality and ffb feel. nothing to do with skills

bradleyland likes this.
  18. I Have had a Thrustmaster TX (xbox equivelant to T300) and own a g920 (xbox Equivelant to G29), both are very good, I had 2 TX fail on me and decided not to take the risk of another failure and another month without it, in my opinion the G920 is a good wheel and I will not be replacing it, it is different than the the TX, it is often reffered to as less powerfull than the TX but I have never had it anywhere near full power so maybe that is not relevant, I think you will be happy with either, the pedals are great on the G920 ( I have GTEYE mod) far better than the TX standard, if you buy the T300 buy it with the T3Pa pedals ( I had these) , they are also good, I think the pedals are more inportant than the wheel and possibly the main factor in getting fast lap times.

L2D Godzilla likes this.
  19. MGR

MGR Rookie

Based on your criteria go with the Logitech G29.

This is coming from a current T300 and ex Logitech G25 owner. If the Thrustmaster was more reliable it'd be a much closer call and purely come down to budget. Out of the box my T300 pedals had a huge mechanical deadzone on the brake pedal meaning I had to disassemble it and make adjustments. The steering wheel was off centre too. There are tools you can run on a PC to adjust it straight but this is unacceptable for a console wheel. The left paddle stopped working because the PCB in which the microswitch is mounted was flexing to do poor manufacturing tolerances of the supporting pole behind the PCB. I too also suffer the rare but frustrating phantom button presses mid gameplay.

Never had an issue with the G25 and that copped a thrashing over hundreds of hours.

L2D Godzilla and Bibbles like this.
  20. Bibbles

Bibbles Simracer

Cheers for the advice guys, I think Im going to for a G29 after my research and advice on here , thumbs up the help guys.

bradleyland likes this.